Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Dinner had, car loaded up, mostly with veg. Heading whest for the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

Kovu wrote: »
    Depends how much you eat.......:D

Heifer here is now gone 295 days, wish she'd hurry up and get on with it, don't want to be jacking a calf the size of a mini cooper out of her.

Is that heifer in calf to KJB? His gestation length is a joke, almost all calves off him here carried over 293 days, several went on to 298 or 299 days.
    It wouldn't surprise me if she waited til next week:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Dinner had, car loaded up, mostly with veg. Heading whest for the weekend!

Coming to visit? :D
    tanko wrote: »
    Is that heifer in calf to KJB? His gestation length is a joke, almost all calves off him here carried over 293 days, several went on to 298 or 299 days.
    It wouldn't surprise me if she waited til next week:pac:

Yea she is, bugger.....I'm away from Sunday to Tuesday. Hope she does something tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

I've a quad for sale. Going to put it into done d eal web site.
    but worried though. I'm not where it is held, and can't store it where I am...
    What if a dodgy one comes to look at it and is just window shopping? Suppose I'd have to sus them out over the phone, no private numbers etc, any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I've a quad for sale. Going to put it into done d eal web site.
    but worried though. I'm not where it is held, and can't store it where I am...
    What if a dodgy one comes to look at it and is just window shopping? Suppose I'd have to sus them out over the phone, no private numbers etc, any tips?
    sell it to kovu :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

ganmo wrote: »
    Is that not what he's afraid of :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Feckthis

Posted this in another thread ment to post it in here. Are the grants for weigh scales and calving gates and the likes still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingschemesandpayments/farmbuildings/tamsiisupportdocs/TAMSIITrancheDates41115.xls
    not sure what the letter mean, but it looks like they're still open till at least march next year

ganmo wrote: »
    Farrell wrote: »
    Is that not what he's afraid of :P

Heeeeeey, don't be mean. Can't I eat my chinese in peace without having to watch out for ye slagging me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,233 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Heeeeeey, don't be mean. Can't I eat my chinese in peace without having to watch out for ye slagging me :P
    WHAT ya having?

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    WHAT ya having?

House special kung po & salt and chilli chips. Nom nom nomcious. I've only eaten about a third of it and I'm full. Ah well, I'll finish it at 2am or so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Feckthis wrote: »
    Posted this in another thread ment to post it in here. Are the grants for weigh scales and calving gates and the likes still going?
    Feckthis wrote: »

Is that the farm safety grant or is there another one?

Put in a few cement floors here and put up new gates/calving pens, new crush and head-gate, scoop, bull feed/locking barrier, extension onto shed, new lighting, wiring, plumbing ect. Would be nice to get a few bob back.

Would any of that fall under the vat back form or grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Base price

House special kung po & salt and chilli chips. Nom nom nomcious. I've only eaten about a third of it and I'm full. Ah well, I'll finish it at 2am or so!
    You expecting it to kick off in the "overpaid ex IFA member thread" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

I predict a riot.

Base price wrote: »

I'm politely ignoring that thread for now! Have a good book and it's almost easier to stay up til half three than try and drag myself out of a warm bed. Stupid heifer and her stupid long overdue baby. Does she not know I've a hair appointment tomorrow and I don't want to be pulling calves on a Saturday night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I'm politely ignoring that thread for now! Have a good book and it's almost easier to stay up til half three than try and drag myself out of a warm bed. Stupid heifer and her stupid long overdue baby. Does she not know I've a hair appointment tomorrow and I don't want to be pulling calves on a Saturday night! :D
    She will prob wait until you have the hair done and then decide to calve ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Ya may give her a curry and a good fright!

She will prob wait until you have the hair done and then decide to calve ;)

It would by typical of her to do that. Have her in the calving pen since last night to encourage her along, all she's done is turn her arse to the gate to get scratched every time someone walks in :rolleyes:
    Willfarman wrote: »
    Ya may give her a curry and a good fright!

I frightened the shoite out of her earlier when I let a yell as she stood on my foot over the steel toe bit! Jaysus could you imagine the flatulence if I gave her curry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭BG2.0

Put away the book and watch Fargo TV series, it brilliant!

BG2.0 wrote: »

But.....but....books....

aba851aa08bdd3b6b3b81eb21c39f367.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭MF290

Just finished watching the series the other day, was pretty good:D

But.....but....books....

aba851aa08bdd3b6b3b81eb21c39f367.jpg

Screwit this thing is useless , since you broke my laptop by proxy :/ the least you can do is imbed this with mod power I can't :o. Why is this thing so needlessly crap to use

You have no idea how tempted I was to change that image to an entirely different one..... :pac:

**Me at the minute after three coffees**

GnKQv9wl.png

You have no idea how tempted I was to change that image to an entirely different one..... :pac:

**Me at the minute after three coffees**

GnKQv9wl.png
    Ugh I give up, image what image, you need to keep off that coffee dude it messes with your mind or something :/. Please embed while I through this out the window to the dogs as a frisby
    https://bronymagic.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mods-are-asleep-post-ponies-500x380.jpg

Ugh I give up, image what image, you need to keep off that coffe dude it messes with your mind or something :/.

You edited my edit so I dunno what you did!

You edited my edit so I dunno what you did!

I broke the Internet, kinda proud now :cool:

I broke the Internet, kinda proud now :cool:

You must have typed Google into Google.

You must have typed Google into Google.

Right night night. Hope heifer calves without issue

• Registered Users Posts: 29,233 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

i'm keeping out of it from now on , lesson learnt from before;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Zr105

Is that the farm safety grant or is there another one?

Put in a few cement floors here and put up new gates/calving pens, new crush and head-gate, scoop, bull feed/locking barrier, extension onto shed, new lighting, wiring, plumbing ect. Would be nice to get a few bob back.

Would any of that fall under the vat back form or grant?

You should be able to claim vat back on majority of that but you won't get a grant on it even if the stuff is included in the grant because you have to be approved for it before you buy anything!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement