Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo 5 - Guardians

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

maximoose wrote: »
    Glad you got sorted! I was ready to crack up haha

What way do these playlist ranks work? Onyx me bollix, give me old fashioned numbers please
    I'll give you from lowest to highest from last time I looked it up:
    Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond, Onyx. I read somewhere they are planning on adding another rank to the top called Master but it could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ragbak

You absolute beaut. I wonder who to blame more, 343 or UPC. I'd lean towards the former, because IPv6 doesn't seem an unreasonable ask these days.

That is exactly the point, UPC does not offer actual IPv6, it is a bit of a mix and match of IPv4 and IPv6 and they call it DS-lite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Interesting. It gave me onyx in swat after 10 games, of which I only won about 5.

maximoose wrote: »
    Interesting. It gave me onyx in swat after 10 games, of which I only won about 5.
    From what I was told while your win/loss ratio is a factor, it is more based on your personal performance and that of your teammates.
    I don't know how that works maybe 343 are just trying to sound clever.

At least they made a good game even if their ranking system doesn't appear to make sense at first.
    I mean I should not be ranked as high as I am, still a noob as far as Halo 5 is concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

You can vote now for a gametype to be added to the weekend playlists, shotty snipers is ahead with 62%, I went for ctf but it's only at 28%. Strongholds makes up the difference.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll give you from lowest to highest from last time I looked it up:
    Bronze, Silver, Gold, Diamond, Onyx. I read somewhere they are planning on adding another rank to the top called Master but it could be wrong.

There's already a rank above Onyx called champion and you have to be top 200 in the playlist to get it.

I was given platinum for everything apart from breakout (gold). You pretty much have to be winning consistently to rank up it seems so it's not too different from the 1 to 50 system in principle.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's already a rank above Onyx called champion and you have to be top 200 in the playlist to get it.

I was given platinum for everything apart from breakout (gold). You pretty much have to be winning consistently to rank up it seems so it's not too different from the 1 to 50 system in principle.
    Well at least they are consistent then. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the rest of it.

The one thing I have found with Halo 5 is I have started to work the thrusters into my tactics but I forget to work it into other peoples reactions.
    I was playing a game and my shields were down so I decided to scarper around a corner and got assassinated.
    I was like "Bloody lag no way he could have gotten behind me! Oh yeah the thrusters. Dammit."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I think the rank is reset every now and again, it does seem strange to give someone such a high rank after ten games when the ranking doesn't go down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wasn't even particularly good in the games, 1.44 K/D overall! Seemed to play the same 3 maps over and over, needs a bit more variation.

• Advertisement

You can vote now for a gametype to be added to the weekend playlists, shotty snipers is ahead with 62%, I went for ctf but it's only at 28%. Strongholds makes up the difference.

where do you vote?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well at least they are consistent then. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the rest of it.

The one thing I have found with Halo 5 is I have started to work the thrusters into my tactics but I forget to work it into other peoples reactions.
    I was playing a game and my shields were down so I decided to scarper around a corner and got assassinated.
    I was like "Bloody lag no way he could have gotten behind me! Oh yeah the thrusters. Dammit."

Yeah I'm finding the thrusters handy for close quarters to disorientate people of to thrust around a corner if I'm getting shot from distance.

There are a few sneaky new mechanics in there now, like if you're sprinting your shields won't re-charge also as far as I can tell you don't appear on the radar when you walk anymore, only if you're sprinting or shooting (possibly jumping). Not sure how I feel about that tbh, results in a lot of cheap deaths (and kills for me once I copped it).

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

So I don't think I'll be playing regular warzone for awhile as the people that I get matched with must be totally braindead or just have no idea how to play it. Though I am enjoying warzone assault, wish there was more levels though :(

Yeah I'm finding the thrusters handy for close quarters to disorientate people of to thrust around a corner if I'm getting shot from distance.

There are a few sneaky new mechanics in there now, like if you're sprinting your shields won't re-charge also as far as I can tell you don't appear on the radar when you walk anymore, only if you're sprinting or shooting (possibly jumping). Not sure how I feel about that tbh, results in a lot of cheap deaths (and kills for me once I copped it).
    I had a very cheap kill when I spotted someone on my motion sensor running up behind me for the assassination.
    I jumped into the air, thrust backwards, landed behind them and assassinated them. :D Leapfrog but with a knife and in reverse.

Yeah the speed you can move without popping up on the sensor is a bit silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I play the Arena mode only along with a few Warzone games. The Arena mode is supposed to rotate the game modes between CTF, Breakout, Slayer and Stronghold. 70% of games are Slayer... 20% CTF and you rarely get a game of Breakout and Stronghold. They need to fix that for starters, after every game it should rotate. You cant even pick Stronghold as a game type in the menus... joke.com

In fairness I rarely get a game of slayer in team arena so it's pure luck. It's not possible to stick to a rotation if you're playing on your own maybe if you had a party of 4 it might

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Warzone is fun, but seriously imbalanced once a team gets ahead. Their req levels go up, allowing them to get tanks and snipers and totally pin you in your base. Very unfun for the losing side.

Arena is where its at. Level playing field and you know what weapons are in play.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Warzone is fun, but seriously imbalanced once a team gets ahead. Their req levels go up, allowing them to get tanks and snipers and totally pin you in your base. Very unfun for the losing side.

Arena is where its at. Level playing field and you know what weapons are in play.
    Yeah my team managed to get our req up early in a game and we just steamrolled the other side.
    I called in the Battle Rifle that is a sniper and I saw two gauss hogs heading over to enemy territory.

At some point an empty Banshee landed on the ground in front of me followed by a dead body. Yoink. My team were tooled up by then, there was no way for the other side to make a comeback.

Do the req points apply to the whole team or just the people performing actions like taking bases and such?

Yeah my team managed to get our req up early in a game and we just steamrolled the other side.
    I called in the Battle Rifle that is a sniper and I saw tow gauss hogs heading over to enemy territory.

At some point an empty Banshee landed on the ground in front of me followed by a dead body. Yoink. My team were tooled up by then, there was no way for the other side to make a comeback.

Do the req points apply to the whole team or just the people performing actions like taking bases and such?

Not 100% sure, but I think the better you do invidually the quicker you'll have higher req cards available.

Not 100% sure, but I think the better you do invidually the quicker you'll have higher req cards available.
    I haven't even seen all the different cards yet. A friend used the card where you get a random drop and got a Scorpion though.
    Here is hoping I've that kind of luck when I get back into it. :D

I haven't even seen all the different cards yet. A friend used the card where you get a random drop and got a Scorpion though.
    Here is hoping I've that kind of luck when I get back into it. :D

I've a Mantis card but haven't been able to use it yet as it requires level 8. Sometimes it's so close to the end of the match when you hit that kind of level I feel like I'd be wasting the card too.

• Advertisement

I've a Mantis card but haven't been able to use it yet as it requires level 8. Sometimes it's so close to the end of the match when you hit that kind of level I feel like I'd be wasting the card too.
    Only cards I've used so far are the Super Battle Rifle with two levels of Zoom and a Mongoose as I've a few cards of each, they are low level and cheap to call in.
    Felt like Batman when I called in the Mongoose with that platform dropping me up to the garage.

It does need some balancing though and Arena could do with either better randomising or the ability to vote.

Also where's my Infection game mode philistines!?

Only cards I've used so far are the Super Battle Rifle with two levels of Zoom and a Mongoose as I've a few cards of each, they are low level and cheap to call in.
    Felt like Batman when I called in the Mongoose with that platform dropping me up to the garage.

It does need some balancing though and Arena could do with either better randomising or the ability to vote.

Also where's my Infection game mode philistines!?

almost without fail, every time I open a req pack, I get at least 3 mongeese.

Ive called in exactly zero of them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Only problem I have with Warzone is that "last hit" deal on the bosses. Your team can take a boss from 100% to 1% and still get nothing if someone on the other side lobs a lucky grenade.

The one time I called it in was a piss take.
    A friend had told me the enemy core was exposed, I told him I'd take care of it and rolled over the hill charging the enemy base. :D

We were so far ahead at that point I could literally throw away lives not a bother and I don't put too much stock in k/d usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I've been selling all the useless REC cards to buy silver and gold REC bundles.

I sold 46 mongoose vehicles at one stage :eek: they really need a Sell All button

I've been selling all the useless REC cards to buy silver and gold REC bundles.

I sold 46 mongoose vehicles at one stage :eek: they really need a Sell All button

Didn't even know you could do that! Will be selling loads tonight so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Sell all is badly needed. Although i keep 5 of everything just to have them.

I've gotten a few pack that were all Mongeese. and one of all Needlers.

Apparently they're fixing the "all 1 type of req card" pack issues though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I've just been scrapping the Mongoose cards. 50 points per card.

• Mongoose is the most useless vehicle in the game.
    Just a big red target

You'll all be jealous when I race to victory on the only Mongoose.

• Advertisement

would they not be handy for getting back into thick of battle asap

IvoryTower wrote: »
    would they not be handy for getting back into thick of battle asap
    They can be, a talented sniper would put a dampner in that quite quickly though.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Mongoose is the most useless vehicles in the game.
    Just a big red target

yup, and even if you a guy in the back with a launcher, he'd miss more often than he hits.

Not Halo 5 but still applies.

halo_mongoose_vs__rocket_by_starfoxdude11-d4gq1f4.jpg

Great for CTF on maps like Valhalla though, won so many matches through smash and grab mongoose runs :)

Oh and Gungoose CTF in MCC is awesome.

Great for CTF on maps like Valhalla though, won so many matches through smash and grab mongoose runs :)
    I think I still have those videos from Halo 4. Smash and grab is right.

Oh and Gungoose CTF in MCC is awesome.

now that you mention it, are there any CTF maps in arena that have vehicles? or was that a Big Team battle thing? been a long time since I played last gen Halo multiplayer.

now that you mention it, are there any CTF maps in arena that have vehicles? or was that a Big Team battle thing? been a long time since I played last gen Halo multiplayer.

No unfortunately. In Halo 4 they had some big maps in the regular 5v5 CTF playlist and there was also 8v8 ctf in the big team objective playlist.

Hopefully BTB isn't too far off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The rec pacs are just full of garbage. After opening a ton of packs the only loadout I have more than one gun in is assault rifle on two. That's it. No armour mods either.

Solid mp but hate the levelling up system.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Only problem I have with Warzone is that "last hit" deal on the bosses. Your team can take a boss from 100% to 1% and still get nothing if someone on the other side lobs a lucky grenade.

Drives me insane.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The rec pacs are just full of garbage. After opening a ton of packs the only loadout I have more than one gun in is assault rifle on two. That's it. No armour mods either.

Solid mp but hate the levelling up system.

Why? Not entirely sure how it works but it seems good to me, you're actually trying to level up by winning with your team rather than the like of bf where you just play loads and it keeps going up

Why? Not entirely sure how it works but it seems good to me, you're actually trying to level up by winning with your team rather than the like of bf where you just play loads and it keeps going up

It's a complete lottery and 90% of the stuff is pure muck. If there was the option to spend your credits on req packs for in game weapons and vehicles or buy cosmetic items like armour, helmets etc it'd be better imo.

I meant the ranking not the req stuff, I've only played war zone twice and would only see it as a bit if craic after a night playing the the arena games! It's all about 4v4

I meant the ranking not the req stuff, I've only played war zone twice and would only see it as a bit if craic after a night playing the the arena games! It's all about 4v4

Ah right, gotcha. But you still spend your co from arena on rec packs to unlock stuff. Tbh, what I've played of arena hasn't done a whole lot for me, arena multiplayer is the proper focused, balanced game I'm looking for. It'd be nice to unlock customizations for arena without getting loads of stuff I've no use for.

It's a complete lottery and 90% of the stuff is pure muck. If there was the option to spend your credits on req packs for in game weapons and vehicles or buy cosmetic items like armour, helmets etc it'd be better imo.

Have to agree here, rec goes up quite slow during a warzone that once you manage to get the rec for a weapon, you spawn and get killed straight away (by some guy on a ghost firing what seem to be, nuclear bombs... grrrrrrr)

You are back to level 1 rec again and have to start over. By the time you get to level 7 or 8 to call in a tank etc, the map is almost over and you dont want to waste the card or you get killed instantly again.

Point being, most of the rec cards you get are crap and I end up selling 95% of them. I think it would be much better to be able to purchase cosmetic stuff like weapon skins, armor skins and emblems.

At least give the players the option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

logik wrote: »
    Have to agree here, rec goes up quite slow during a warzone that once you manage to get the rec for a weapon, you spawn and get killed straight away (by some guy on a ghost firing what seem to be, nuclear bombs... grrrrrrr)

You are back to level 1 rec again and have to start over. By the time you get to level 7 or 8 to call in a tank etc, the map is almost over and you dont want to waste the card or you get killed instantly again.

Point being, most of the rec cards you get are crap and I end up selling 95% of them. I think it would be much better to be able to purchase cosmetic stuff like weapon skins, armor skins and emblems.

At least give the players the option.

Ive heard its recommended you open silver REC packs first.

Each time you get a card you haven't got before it logs it. then when you have gotten a high % of cards unlocked start opening Gold packs and you start getting good gear.

I think you can see the % of cards you have unlocked in the REC menu.

Each time you get a card you haven't got before it logs it. then when you have gotten a high % of cards unlocked start opening Gold packs and you start getting good gear.

Yeah you're guaranteed two permanent items from both silver and gold packs I think, so it actually makes more sense to buy silver packs until you have most of the gear. You'll only get legendary stuff from gold packs is the difference I think.

Will give this a shot so.

There's too much quitting going on, they need to make the penalty harsher. Maybe lower rank and give minus 20 to their kd/r. Or maybe remove the option to quit so that they have to turn off their xbox! Anyway, ****ing quitters.

There's too much quitting going on, they need to make the penalty harsher. Maybe lower rank and give minus 20 to their kd/r. Or maybe remove the option to quit so that they have to turn off their xbox! Anyway, ****ing quitters.

Its a disaster when people quit out of breakout in the arena playlist, Its happened me a few times now where we start the match and someone drops / quits before a shot is fired.

• Advertisement
Advertisement