Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 5 - Guardians

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

wexdevil wrote: »
    Pretty sure that they've fixed it now.

Yeah they took it down for a day to urchase. Still a pretty good deal for standard edition. Think I might get CE of it though. Gamestop shipping on the Friday so chance I could get it Friday evening due to bank holiday.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm sure that happend to me with something else - I had to remove it from the download queue, do a hard reset, then 'buy' it again from the store and it started predownloading straight away.

Cheers that worked, didn't need to hard reset either just delete from queue and re-add.

The day one patch will be available to pre-load on the 22nd of October too according to twitter (think that's 9GB).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Cheers that worked, didn't need to hard reset either just delete from queue and re-add.

The day one patch will be available to pre-load on the 22nd of October too according to twitter (think that's 9GB).

Nice one,

I've a physical copy ordered so looks like I'm going to be faced with a wait regardless ahead of getting to play :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

im waiting to hear all of your opinions, particularly that it works :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,158 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll be very surprised if there's anything but minor issues at launch, they really seem to be going about this the right way what with the Beta almost a year ago. Plus I think most of the problems with MCC stemmed from the unique nature of it in that it had 4 game engines to deal with and the UI was designed by a third party.

Still though, AAA online games in general don't have a good track record at launch lately so you're probably smarter than me regards waiting :)

• Advertisement

I'll be very surprised if there's anything but minor issues at launch, they really seem to be going about this the right way what with the Beta almost a year ago. Plus I think most of the problems with MCC stemmed from the unique nature of it in that it had 4 game engines to deal with and the UI was designed by a third party.

Still though, AAA online games in general don't have a good track record at launch lately so you're probably smarter than me regards waiting :)

I've a feeling this is going to be very smooth, they've a lot of eggs in this basket as the marketing is definitley pushing it as the premier halo experience, with a big focus on a return to multiplayer form.
    I'm not the worlds biggest halo fan, but I'm finding myself quite excited to see what they're going to do here. Warzone especially looks like something that'll satisfy my itch for large maps with vehicular combat and objective based gameplay.

plus it looks really really good!

Seems the clan system or "Companies" as they're called was launched yesterday so I took the liberty of setting up a boardsie one here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/a%20company%20of%20boardsies

You get a free REQ pack for joining once the clan becomes active (ie reaches 4 members) apparently. I might make a sticky directing people to it and will also post a link over in the XB1 forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sent a join request there, good man.

Launch date has crept up very quickly. Feel like I'm going into this game relatively blind, can't wait now.

maximoose wrote: »
    Sent a join request there, good man.

Launch date has crept up very quickly. Feel like I'm going into this game relatively blind, can't wait now.

Says you're already in another company so I can't add you, must only be allowed to be in one at a time.

Yeah it's fairly crept up alright, thought I'd have time to clear a bit of the backlog before it came out. Oh well :o

just requested a join there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fairly annoying that it's not being released on the 360, surely more people are using that than the one. Hopefully gets released at a later date.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I doubt it will, and tbh it's about time last-gen was left behind IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Fairly annoying that it's not being released on the 360, surely more people are using that than the one. Hopefully gets released at a later date.

I think 343 have been pretty clear that Halo 5 won't be coming to the 360. Ostensibly because the 360 couldn't handle it but mainly because MS need to drive X1 sales.

It is kind of sad but would the 360 be able to handle the 12 v 12 v Minions Warzone game mode? I'm not sure we'd have gotten anything like that if they had to make the game on 360, they would have had to basically make a separate game like what happened with Titanfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

It is kind of sad but would the 360 be able to handle the 12 v 12 v Minions Warzone game mode? I'm not sure we'd have gotten anything like that if they had to make the game on 360, they would have had to basically make a separate game like what happened with Titanfall.

Bungie have also confirmed that maintaining compatibility with 360/PS3 architectures is placing limits on what Destiny could be if it was PS4/X1 exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

Seems the clan system or "Companies" as they're called was launched yesterday so I took the liberty of setting up a boardsie one here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/a%20company%20of%20boardsies

You get a free REQ pack for joining once the clan becomes active (ie reaches 4 members) apparently. I might make a sticky directing people to it and will also post a link over in the XB1 forum.

Request sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Gamestop now have an option for DPD couriers. Good chance of getting it on the Saturday with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

maximoose wrote: »
    I doubt it will, and tbh it's about time last-gen was left behind IMO.

Meh....

360 is just so good though! Skygo still isn't even available! So much for the "next gen" !

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

As well as getting a free REQ pack from joining the clan there's a few other ones knocking around, details on reddit of how to get them here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3pd7g8/links_to_every_free_req_pack_available_right_now/

• Advertisement

This might not apply to anyone here, but just in case if you pre-ordered the game before 21st September: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/launch-update

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Genuinely sad that this is the first Halo I wont get to play at launch since the beginning, just didnt think the Xbone was worth it :(

Hopefully one of my friends will get it and I can blast through it in a weekend sometime, watching it as a Lets Play wouldnt be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

This might not apply to anyone here, but just in case if you pre-ordered the game before 21st September: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/launch-update

Ouch, would hate to have to download, delete and redownload 40GB.

Ended up ordering it, my mcc protest went really well

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Ended up ordering it, my mcc protest went really well

Hah, lets hope we don't all get burned this time around and I'm not back to playing Destiny already this time next week :o

I've clocked over 400 hrs on battlefield since I sold mcc, it'll be doing well to win me back!

GameSpot: Halo 5 to Be Played on World's Biggest Aerial Screen While Flown Above Sydney. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw8Oih2yI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

There doesn't seem to be much with the deluxe edition to warrant its price. What do people think?

There doesn't seem to be much with the deluxe edition to warrant its price. What do people think?

I went for the standard edition myself, there's no season pass as all the map packs will be free (apparently) so you're only paying extra for REQ packs and being able to watch the Fall of Reach animated series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I wouldn't have bothered either, only that GAME were selling the deluxe accidentally as standard.

Advertisement