Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enda kenny

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Landing the Irish People with having to pay back unsecured Bond Holders 10s of Billions is just one of Kenny's highlights for me.

Eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Bulbous Salutation

Oops69 wrote: »
    This is tongue in cheek I presume , and by ' running ' you mean ruining of course.
    Kenny is an utterly spineless national emabarrasment , the electorate will put him out of his misery soon enough .

Kenny is a great leader. A social and economic Admin when it comes' to Government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

efb wrote: »
    That wasn't Enda's doing, and looks like the EU strong-armed the former government into that one...

It was him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Kenny is a danger whenever he gets in reach of a microphone. Often seems eager to tell the public about imaginary conversations he has with people. None of the conversations can be objectively substantiated by anyone, but they happened - really!

Nonetheless, people will try to convince you that a man with imaginary friends, who has accomplished none of the minor goals set for and by himself, is well suited to lead the republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

It was him.

references and source???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Absolutely. It's been a fine Government, both from an economic and social point of view. It's one that history will look very kindly upon. FG and Labour have always made good bedfellows when it comes to running this place.

Social............. the day after one of the biggest hospitals in the countries has to stop admitting patients due to overcrowding? Have you taken a walk around the streets of Dublin lately and seen the massive amounts of homeless sleeping in doorways at night? Not too sure about that. This Govt have been a mix of good and absolutely atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

efb wrote: »
    references and source???
    3 second google...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Social............. the day after one of the biggest hospitals in the countries has to stop admitting patients? Have you taken a walk around the streets of Dublin lately and seen the massive amounts of homeless sleeping in doorways at night? Not too sure about that.

There has always been homeless people. There was more sleeping rough during the boom.

There homeless people sleeping rough in every city in the world and has always been.

But of course up all endas fault. It's his fault these people choose to inject themselves with heroin or end up addicted to alcohol and end up on the street.

All his fault.

JustTheOne wrote: »
    There has always been homeless people. There was more sleeping rough during the boom.

There homeless people sleeping rough in every city in the world and has always been.

But of course up all endas fault. It's his fault these people choose to inject themselves with heroin or end up addicted to alcohol and end up on the street.

All his fault.

Did I blame Enda?:rolleyes: Walk around Dublin City Centre some night. See for yourself. Its far worse now.

Also not everyone who ends up on the street have alcohol or heroin addictions. Such ignorance by yourself.

Whats your opinion on Beaumount Hospital having to shut its doors because of overcrowding? That should not happen in a first world country.

Did I blame Enda?:rolleyes: Walk around Dublin some night. See for yourself. Its far worse now.

Lowest since 2007

http://m.rte.ie/news/2015/0430/697743-homeless-figures/

But don't let facts get in the way of your good rant.

You should try not taking what Ruth and Paul Murphy say as gospel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Please don't just dump links here. Some user input is required.
    Did I blame Enda?:rolleyes: Walk around Dublin City Centre some night. See for yourself. Its far worse now.

Also not everyone who ends up on the street have alcohol or heroin addictions. Such ignorance by yourself.

Whats your opinion on Beaumount Hospital having to shut its doors because of overcrowding? That should not happen in a first world country.

If you have a problem with a post, report it and let the mods handle it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Health service is a mess alright. Always has been.

But its also not fair to always focus on the A and E situation.

A huge amount of great work takes place in our hospitals and a lot of areas have been improved.

It's not fair to constantly put it down. People in these hospitals deserve more credit.

Lowest since 2007

http://m.rte.ie/news/2015/0430/697743-homeless-figures/

But don't let facts get in the way of your good rant.

You should try not taking what Ruth and Paul Murphy say as gospel.

I form my own opinions and use my own eyes. I was there just an hour ago as I am every night of the week. Utter tripe and window dressing imo. The problem is escalating.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/call-for-greater-action-on-homelessness-after-man-s-death-1.2367142

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/some-1-500-children-in-emergency-accommodation-1.2358946

I form my own opinions and use my own eyes. I was there just an hour ago as I am every night of the week. Utter tripe and window dressing imo. The problem is escalating.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/call-for-greater-action-on-homelessness-after-man-s-death-1.2367142

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/some-1-500-children-in-emergency-accommodation-1.2358946

You said people sleeping rough has increased. I just left a link to show your talking bull****. If that's You forming your own opinion You need to rethink it because your wrong.

You do realise the person who died in your first link wasn't homeless. It came out he in fact lived in Wicklow and was on a night out.

You see once someone says something about the government there is a certain section who just believe it straightaway.

Anything for a good rant.

There is work to be done with regards people in emergency accommodation.

It's not as simple building houses and putting them in.

People won't move away from an area even though they could rent outside Dublin

Anyway these modular units they are building as we speak will go a long way to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I stopped reading after "Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny".

I've never even heard of that source tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

1. you said tens of billions, thats 1.5 billion
    2. its doesn't say he chose to pay them, again FF/Green created that obligation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

I would agree the homeless situation does seem like at an all time high and when you walk around at night there seems to be more than ever sleeping rough. I'd have a hard time believing those statistics, there's always a way to massage homelessness stats. When rents increase homelessness becomes a problem. A family living in a hotel room because of lack of accomodation would they be considered homeless? And yet a distressing situation all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

I hope you know Fine Gael will be back on goverment. Labour maybe not, but FG defiantly.

All throughout this governments term I have been a SF supporter, but over gr last few months I have moved to Fine Gael.

With the exception of Irish Water, they have been a fine goverment.

That's great news. Good to see people come to their senses. I hope there's many more like you over the next few months.

Not only has the government been very impressive but also Enda, as a Taoiseach, has been a real success.

Out of interest, what shifted you away from the lunatic fringe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

ezra_pound wrote: »
    That's great news. Good to see people come to their senses. I hope there's many more like you over the next few months.

Not only has the government been very impressive but also Enda, as a Taoiseach, has been a real success.

There financial policies mostly, but also that they challenge every idea the government has. They don't agree with anything the government says, so how can they possibly agree with another party if in government.

In fairness i was 15 when the government entered office, I'm 19 now and have a bit more sense.
    • Abolish unfair taxes - the Property Tax and Water Charges.
    • Remove those on the minimum wage from the USC net.
    • Introduce a third rate of income tax on individual earnings over €100,000.
    • Introduce a tax on individual net wealth in excess of €1 million euros, excluding working farmland and business assets.
    • Increase the tax take as a percentage GDP in a fair and progressive manner.
    • Overhaul the tax system to ensure the elimination of tax avoidance, unfair reliefs and loopholes.
    • Renegotiate the deficit reductions targets to make them socially, economically and fiscally responsible.

I agree with the first one. These taxes are a bit of a farce and should be scraped.

USC should either be for everyone or know one.

I don't think a wealth tax is fair, if your successful why should you get financially punished as you're creating value to the economy with job, and corporation tax anyway.

There financial policies mostly, but also that they challenge every idea the government has. They don't agree with anything the government says, so how can they possibly agree with another party if in government.

In fairness i was 15 when the government entered office, I'm 19 now and have a bit more sense.
    • Abolish unfair taxes - the Property Tax and Water Charges.
    • Remove those on the minimum wage from the USC net.
    • Introduce a third rate of income tax on individual earnings over €100,000.
    • Introduce a tax on individual net wealth in excess of €1 million euros, excluding working farmland and business assets.
    • Increase the tax take as a percentage GDP in a fair and progressive manner.
    • Overhaul the tax system to ensure the elimination of tax avoidance, unfair reliefs and loopholes.
    • Renegotiate the deficit reductions targets to make them socially, economically and fiscally responsible.

I agree with the first one. These taxes are a bit of a farce and should be scraped.

USC should either be for everyone or know one.

I don't think a wealth tax is fair, if your successful why should you get financially punished as you're creating value to the economy with job, and corporation tax anyway.

Property tax is a wealth tax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Property tax is a wealth tax.

Yea but everyone is paying this. Wealth tax, is a tax if your net worth if over €1M

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

Yea but everyone is paying this. Wealth tax, is a tax if your net worth if over €1M

Not everyone is paying property tax. The poorest in society can't afford to buy a house nor get approved for a mortgage. The LPT therefore exempts the poorest while those with the highest value properties pay the most. It's almost a perfect wealth tax. The Irish "Left" are against it though for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Kenny is a great leader. A social and economic Admin when it comes' to Government.

The government's figures and quality of life for the working poor seldom work in tandem.
    He's a salesman and the ignorant are buying his blarney. And we've tits talking about the homeless living it up with their new houses and the spongers on the dole...

"Last week, a volunteer brought food to a desperate mother who had spent all her money on food for her baby, leaving nothing for herself."

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/starving-irish-people-pleading-for-food-from-soup-kitchen-as-last-resort-34139540.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

For Reals wrote: »
    He's a salesman and the ignorant are buying his blarney.

A lot of people will vote Fine Gael not because they "buy his blarney" but because they perceive them to be the least of several evils which is no small thing given the presence of Sinn Féin and Fianna Fail.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

A lot of people will vote Fine Gael not because they "buy his blarney" but because they perceive them to be the least of several evils which is no small thing given the presence of Sinn Féin and Fianna Fail.

That's true and why I voted for him, but its also very sad and regretful.

For Reals wrote: »
    That's true and why I voted for him, but its also very sad and regretful.

Agreed. I suspect a lot of the people who voted for the Conservatives here last May felt the same way.

H. H. Asquith

This post had been deleted.

Or Job Bridge employed?
    Living in a hostel would be homeless FYI. You'd be hard pressed to find a family choosing hostel life.
    ezra_pound wrote: »

Away?
    Permabear wrote: »

And you've stats on this or is it just blarney? For years we've been reading about child poverty on the rise, more children going to bed hungry, homelessness on the rise. It's not really news, sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

enda is a great leader

Advertisement