Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

redzerdrog wrote:
    Sorry might be a stupid question but what happens when you by a second hand game golf, do you set up a new account or does a specific account go with the game golf?

I bought mine second hand and all I did was sign up online, download the desktop app, plugged in and played. No problem at all. As if it was never used by anyone else
    redzerdrog wrote:
    Also in theory could the game golf be used on two separate accounts?

I think it could but it would be a bit of a pain swapping out the tags!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Can this work with an iPad? Don't currently have a laptop or pc!

etxp wrote:
    Can this work with an iPad? Don't currently have a laptop or pc!
    Email I got off game golf when I asked if it was compatible with a chrome book.
    wrote:
    In order to upload your rounds you will need to have the GAME GOLF Transfer Application software, which is only compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8 and Mac OS X 10.6+

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

http://eu.nmb.ly/sydhl

Game Golf up on Just Golf website today, reduced to €149

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Was just going to post the above. Is it worth it for that price, seems a good deal? Anyone give feedback after using it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭newport2

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Was just going to post the above. Is it worth it for that price, seems a good deal? Anyone give feedback after using it?

I'm finding it very useful. Obviously distances are great to have the facts on.

I saw a few inconsistent gaps in my irons, had them checked by my pro and sure enough the lofts were off by a few degrees in a few of them from hitting. Got the adjusted back and the distance between my irons is consistant now. Also great info if you're making a swing change or changing a club.

When it was €199 in the shops I asked for best price and got it for €180, so €149 is good but it's not exactly a steal. I'd only get it if you were going to anyway.

JIdontknow wrote:

I have mine a couple of months now. Love the confidence it gives you when taking a club out of bag I.e the water is 150yrds away my average distance for 7i is 130 so I can hit a full swing with that and be confident that it's short of water for my lay up.

I also really enjoy reviewing my rounds and seeing if there is an improvement in fairways hit and greens in regulation and putts after practise.

I use mine for practise rounds and competitions and one positive of using it for practise is that is like you have a scorecard in you pocket the whole time cause you don't wanna ruin your game golf numbers by not concentrating :)

I found it hard to remember to use it at start esp for short game and putts but I usually just keep track of round on second card ie score and no of putts and the device usually senses when you hit shot so just fill in data when I get home if I forgot to tag.

Overall I would say it's defo worth the €150 :) esp if your a numbers and figures kinda person

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I'd echo the above, but with the caveat that for a mid handicapper is takes a LOT of shots to get true distances. In reality if you're taking into account upwind, downwind, uphill, downhill and bad strikes it's going to take 50 shots before you'll arrive at a value you can trust as your median shot with a given club.
    For something like an 8 iron this might take 20 rounds or more. My club data is only beginning to settle down now after 20 rounds. For everything else though, it's excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭LarMan

One area I like is the compare feature that allows you to compare your stats against benchmarks of a similar handicap. For instance I have a current average score of 90. If I want to see how I stack up against the benchmark for someone shooting in the 85-90 range, I can compare my stats and see where I need to improve. So for me if I want to lower my handicap I need to improve my FIR and GIR and my driving distance needs to improve.

Of course these are obvious but if the benchmark is true then I know that if I increase my average driving by 9 yards and increase my FIR from 33% to 45% and get my GIR from 24% to 31% and all my other stats stay the same then I should be able to lower my score and consequently my HCAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Will it show the club swing paths too in it's data, or more so just the distances etc? Thanks for your feedback everyone, it's tempting as I enjoy seeing the numbers etc, knowing yardages etc- I'm trying to do that more now than just look and try gauge from looking what to hit.

• Advertisement

JIdontknow wrote:
    Will it show the club swing paths too in it's data, or more so just the distances etc? Thanks for your feedback everyone, it's tempting as I enjoy seeing the numbers etc, knowing yardages etc- I'm trying to do that more now than just look and try gauge from looking what to hit.

Just distances unfortunately!! But still very worth while information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

3bays swing analyser works as a top of grip insert as well. Would be interesting if game golf got same stats as they provide down the road.

Then you would get everything for a shot....how far it went, swing path, club head speed, visual image of swing etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I am putting mine up for sale. I'm just not playing enough golf! pm if interested. probably let it go for €90

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

I am putting mine up for sale. I'm just not playing enough golf! pm if interested. probably let it go for €90

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Is this still available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

jtown wrote: »
    They are brilliant in fairness. Sent out replacement driver sensor for my tag. Can't say enough about their customer service.

This is good to hear, I used mine for the first time today. 6-iron and PW tags both came loose and are now lost. Emptied my bag and turned it upside down and nowhere to be seen. At the end of the round a few others had also started to come loose. I don't understand it as they were all difficult to get in. I've emailed them, hoping they also send replacements.

Anyone have any tips for keeping the tags secure?

Senecio wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips for keeping the tags secure?

cant help you sorry mine are tight and actaually quiet difficult to remove even if you want to

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The end of my grips are convex so the tags did not sit level so I got a vice grips and wedged them on as I got the feeling they would come loose when just hand tightened, they have not budged but are starting to wear a good bit now I have a quick look at them.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Can't commend them enough on customer service. Replacement tags are already in the post. I was thinking I'll put a circle of double sided tape on the end of the grip, then screw the tag into that. That should help to keep them secure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭willabur

arrived in the post today - I was using swing by swing phone app for gps and shot tracking but I found it cumbersome for tracking shots as there is too much interaction required. This seems like a better solution.

Playing this evening so can't wait to get out there and give it a go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭benny79

Hi Lads & Ladies :D just looking for a quick update on how people are getting on with their Game Golf? Are you all still using it?

I got a short game tip booklet with a golf mag recently and it said, go out to your course with your wedges and hit 10 shots with each one with 1/2, 3/4 & full swings. Take the average for each one and do up a small chart so you can carry it with you. So in turn it gives you 9 distances. I only finished doing this actually. Takes a couple of hours surprisingly but yet to try it out. But my results were startling.

I taught I hit my wedges at less 10 yards further than I do & my 52 & SW are much the same only 4,5 yards difference & got the same distance in 3/4 swings for both.

I'm now thinking I might need to get the game golf :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

benny79 wrote: »
    Hi Lads & Ladies :D just looking for a quick update on how people are getting on with their Game Golf? Are you all still using it?

I got a short game tip booklet with a golf mag recently and it said, go out to your course with your wedges and hit 10 shots with each one with 1/2, 3/4 & full swings. Take the average for each one and do up a small chart so you can carry it with you. So in turn it gives you 9 distances. I only finished doing this actually. Takes a couple of hours surprisingly but yet to try it out. But my results were startling.

I taught I hit my wedges at less 10 yards further than I do & my 52 & SW are much the same only 4,5 yards difference & got the same distance in 3/4 swings for both.

I'm now thinking I might need to get the game golf :confused:

You already have Game Golf Lite, the free version... aka figuring it out yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭benny79

PARlance wrote: »
    You already have Game Golf Lite, the free version... aka figuring it out yourself ;)

Agree but takes a very long time plus u have to wait till your course is quite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Competitor ahoy....no need to remember to click....

http://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us/golf

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

alxmorgan wrote: »

looks interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

Not a fan of anything on my wrist while playing golf. I'm sure I'm not alone. A belt buckle sensor would work better as most golfers hold the butt of the club close to the buckle in set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Not a fan of anything on my wrist while playing golf. I'm sure I'm not alone. A belt buckle sensor would work better as most golfers hold the butt of the club close to the buckle in set up.

Just as long as you don't get a call of nature mid round :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

PARlance wrote: »
    Just as long as you don't get a call of nature mid round :)

It could lead to a brand new product golf nappies 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

I worked on a POC over a year ago which does the same.

Game golf is is a very crude solution and would recommend anyone thinking of getting one to hold off. You will see an explosion of these sorts of automatic tracking wearable apps over the next few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭bustercherry

You can't differentiate between practice and actual swings meaning you can't automatically records stats, which is what microsoft is offering. Research has found most golfers prefer a non-intrusive wearable solution that doesn't interfere with their routines unlike your game golf.

Advertisement