Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

slyph wrote: »
    I am very tempted to make a solo trip over. Always wanted to see Vegas as I am big into poker and would love to see McGregor smash Aldo !

The atmosphere there will be amazing ! The only thing putting me off a bit is doing it all solo
    Why?

Be great adventure going alone. If you can't enjoy your own company what's the point in life!?

But I know its not for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

slyph wrote: »
    I am very tempted to make a solo trip over. Always wanted to see Vegas as I am big into poker and would love to see McGregor smash Aldo !

The atmosphere there will be amazing ! The only thing putting me off a bit is doing it all solo

I'm going over solo. Never even been to the states before, but who knows if I'll get the chance again. Just go for it man, I'd be more than happy to meet up with anyone going over solo, there'll be plenty leaving the wives at home so there's loads of us in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

Paully D wrote: »
    I'm not so sure. It'd cost about €100,000 to charter a flight to Vegas.

Actually looked into this, they quoted me 250,000 - 300,000 for a plane with a max capacity of 170. They said larger planes are very hard to come by, and this one needs to stop twice. So would be about 1400 or so minimum per passenger, not worth it.

I'll be heading over alone, not too bothered by it, just a quick 4 nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭jvrk

I have everything booked flights and accommodation only thing left now is fight ticket. Going on a tight budget blew a lot in April in Vegas (worth it though), Looking at p6 would I be able to get them in the pre sale or would I be safer with fight club also Do I need a us ticketmaster a/c?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Frankie Edgar vs Chad Mendes is the tuf finale main event on the Friday.

That card is looking seriously good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

dulux99 wrote: »

Really hope Frankie gets the W in this matchup, to be honest he probably should have just bide his time for a crack at the title but then again i guess that could have meant waiting around until ufc 200

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Really hope Frankie gets the W in this matchup, to be honest he probably should have just bide his time for a crack at the title but then again i guess that could have meant waiting around until ufc 200

They probably wanted to do the winner of Holloway / Olivera v Frankie but the way that ended there's no option but to have a rematch, well that's what I'd do in that situation!

Plot twist: McGregor and Aldo both pull out of 194 and this is the new main event for the vacant featherweight championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

martyos121 wrote: »
    Plot twist: McGregor and Aldo both pull out of 194 and this is the new main event for the vacant featherweight championship.

Beltception, an interim interim champion.

Hoki wrote: »
    Beltception, an interim interim champion.

Triple Threat for the real championship at UFC 200.

(I apologise for making a pro-wrestling reference :o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭ItsAnEasyGame

Worth making another thread for TUF finale?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

ASOT wrote: »
    They probably wanted to do the winner of Holloway / Olivera v Frankie but the way that ended there's no option but to have a rematch, well that's what I'd do in that situation!

Yeah i get you, reckon Frankie is a better fighter than Mendesme but the potential is we could end up with Aldo/Medes 3 and nobody besides Aldo and Mendes want to see that fight

Yeah i get you, reckon Frankie is a better fighter than Mendesme but the potential is we could end up with Aldo/Medes 3 and nobody besides Aldo and Mendes want to see that fight

I would love to see Aldo vs. Mendes 3, number 2 was a classic.

Just not in December, somewhere down the line as a title eliminator, unless Aldo moves up to LW.

I've been checking expedia a lot, just about to book and today most of the flights I was looking at are gone, the next ones leave earlier and cost more. Did a quick check and it's cheaper to go for an extra day because the flights the day before are still plentiful and cheep. Be sure to shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Also having the 2nd and 3rd ranked Featherweights in prime condition ready to go if Aldo pulls out again is not a bad back up plan for the UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Chase3 wrote: »
    I've been checking expedia a lot, just about to book and today most of the flights I was looking at are gone, the next ones leave earlier and cost more. Did a quick check and it's cheaper to go for an extra day because the flights the day before are still plentiful and cheep. Be sure to shop around.

I got cheap flights 550 Thursday to Tuesday on united website layover in Newark and Toronto on way back by flying out of snn and back to Dublin. May suit some.

I'm looking at either the Luxor or NYNY for the 5 days from Wednesday to Monday. Luxor is cheaper, but the NYNY is nicer and closer to the arena. Such a first world problem lol. Many Irish staying in either one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I assume the weigh ins won't clash with tuf finale if I wanna go to both?

I'm looking at either the Luxor or NYNY for the 5 days from Wednesday to Monday. Luxor is cheaper, but the NYNY is nicer and closer to the arena. Such a first world problem lol. Many Irish staying in either one?
    Luxor is old an run down, New york is lovely but more expensive. Excalibur is in between both, close to MGM, maybe a little nicer than Luxor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

NYNY definitely pal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I stayed in the Luxor and I'm staying there again. Nothing but good things to say about the place. Spotlessly clean, rooms very spacious, lovely pool area and a lovely variety of food shops.

Thanks for the info people, think I'll go for the New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Thanks for the info people, think I'll go for the New York.

There's a bridge connecting NYNY to the MGM so location is great also.

I got 5 nights at the Excalibur (upgraded room for 60) and flights for 800 euro all together on Expedia. Added 100 euro to fly air lingus straight to Chicago and then on to Vegas. Wednesday to Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭babymanval

Booked via Travel Counsellors again. Seamless the last two trips:

https://www.facebook.com/HazelFogartyTravelCounsellorsIrl/posts/1037377809619158

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I really don't understand how travel agents are still in business in this day and age

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Mellor wrote: »
    I really don't understand how travel agents are still in business in this day and age

In fairness, with travel agents you have a certain peace of mind that you don't get from online booking sites. We travel quite a lot and it's very handy to be able to rely on someone who understands your needs when booking and also to have someone that you can contact if anything is wrong when you get there. That's really where travel agents come into their own I think.

For the likes of events like this , travel agents can quite often offer packages that works out a lot cheaper than booking on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

John_D80 wrote: »
    In fairness, with travel agents you have a certain peace of mind that you don't get from online booking sites.
    What do you mean?
    We travel quite a lot and it's very handy to be able to rely on someone who understands your needs when booking and also to have someone that you can contact if anything is wrong when you get there. That's really where travel agents come into their own I think.
    I travel quite a lot too. I've used an agent once or twice where I could lay-by. But I really had to spell out every little detail to the agent. They were suggesting options with 8hours stops in Dubai, flying to sydney via Melbourne etc. I had to basically get the flight up on their online booking site and say I want this flight - which makes the agent a little redundant.
    For the likes of events like this , travel agents can quite often offer packages that works out a lot cheaper than booking on your own.
    Hmmm not too sure about that anymore.
    They can't offer a discount on fight tickets, they probably can't beat online flight bookers either. Expedia will get you a hotel discount if you book it with your flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

What do you mean?

I mean Travel Agents offer better guarantees than online booking companies can. And also the peace of mind I mentioned that comes from knowing that if something goes wrong at the destination, you have someone to contact that can fix it a lot quicker than an online booking company will do. In this regard I learned my lesson by trying to contact a booking site in relation to a messed up hotel reservation a few years ago. I was home in Ireland before they even answered my emails.

Conversely, when we recently had a difficulty with a hire car, we were able to ring the travel agent and they sorted it there and then, no problem and also credited our account with them to make up for the inconvenience.

I travel quite a lot too. I've used an agent once or twice where I could lay-by. But I really had to spell out every little detail to the agent. They were suggesting options with 8hours stops in Dubai, flying to sydney via Melbourne etc. I had to basically get the flight up on their online booking site and say I want this flight - which makes the agent a little redundant.

Thats all well and good if you are booking flights only or single destination trips for a small number. But if you dealing with flights, stopovers, transfers, hire cars & accomodation, for a multi leg journey with many different destinations for different people in your group then this is where travel agents come into your own.

Try booking a trip for a special needs traveller online, with the same peace of mind you will get from a travel agent.

Hmmm not too sure about that anymore.
    They can't offer a discount on fight tickets, they probably can't beat online flight bookers either. Expedia will get you a hotel discount if you book it with your flight.

Sometimes they can, sometimes they cant. Many of the Football supporters clubs have arrangements with travel agents that dont always include match tickets, but they can save a fortune on flights and accomodation as the travel agents quite often block book flights and accomodation as soon as they become available and pass the saving on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

+1
    A complete waste of time .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement