Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Sorry if it has been asked lads but just a question on the pre-sale process. Are the tickets themselves sold on the Ticketmaster US site and you use your pre-sale code to access them? Do you need to set up an account on Ticketmaster US separately from an account you might have on the Irish or UK sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

seadnamac wrote: »
    Sorry if it has been asked lads but just a question on the pre-sale process. Are the tickets themselves sold on the Ticketmaster US site and you use your pre-sale code to access them? Do you need to set up an account on Ticketmaster US separately from an account you might have on the Irish or UK sites?

If I remember correctly I set up a Tickermaster US account for 189 and used my code on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Ok, so I am going to go to my FIRST live UFC event. Bought my hotel and plane tix for UFC 194, waiting on the Fight club resale. I am concerned about getting seats where I won't be able to see ANYTHING. My concern is that on the floor I will have a hard time seeing anything, and that if I'm too far back I won't be able to see anything and would have been better off at home watching PPV. Also, I don't have $3000 to spend on tix, I'm a poor school teacher with 4 kids, I'm actually surprised my wife had given me the green light on this(going alone). So, anyone who has been to the MGM , thoughts?

I was around mid-level for 189 and the seats were great for me. The MGM is a brilliant arena and I imagine no matter where you're seated then you'll get a good view of the action. I know even with my seats it was a natural tendency to look at the big screens but it most certainly never detracted from the experience. Those are the tickets I'll try for again as preference. Prices were around $370ish

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Hiw many tickets can be purchased on a fight club pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

Nice I assumed it might be 4. One pass will easily do us so.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Finally signed up to Fight Club and read through the whole 'UFC 194 Vegas' thread, the amount of tools on there is astounding.

And they have made me paranoid about how awful the Irish fans are. Well, I know we are a bunch of ***** but is it really that bad?

For example, they talk about throwing pints at UFC 189 for about 3 pages on the thread. Surely pints were only thrown after McGregor won and the event was over anyway? Or do morons be throwing pints through the whole main card?

tbf, I'm glad I'm not going to to the Q&A as I know I won't be able to hear anything the fighters say anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Finally signed up to Fight Club and read through the whole 'UFC 194 Vegas' thread, the amount of tools on there is astounding.

And they have made me paranoid about how awful the Irish fans are. Well, I know we are a bunch of ***** but is it really that bad?

For example, they talk about throwing pints at UFC 189 for about 3 pages on the thread. Surely pints were only thrown after McGregor won and the event was over anyway? Or do morons be throwing pints through the whole main card?

tbf, I'm glad I'm not going to to the Q&A as I know I won't be able to hear anything the fighters say anyway.

Pints only went in the air at the end in a few areas and I think that was more from relief than anything, I didn't see any of that at the last two of his fights.

You've a completely wrong idea of the press conference. 189 was in the Ka arena and wasn't close to full. There was little noise from the crowd too aside from the odd cheer/boo/laugh so you could hear the fighters perfectly.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Pints only went in the air at the end in a few areas and I think that was more from relief than anything, I didn't see any of that at the last two of his fights.

You've a completely wrong idea of the press conference. 189 was in the Ka arena and wasn't close to full. There was little noise from the crowd too aside from the odd cheer/boo/laugh so you could hear the fighters perfectly.

Awesome, I shouldn't believe everything I read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I think the end of my Absolute 7 went somewhere however it wasn't meant and certainly wasn't any messing like that in 350 dollar odd seats in my area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

There were multiple reports of fellas pi$$ing outside the bogs in the arena because the queues were too long, and one instance where some prick went into the ladies, pushed open a stall door and slashed in the corner/all over the poor woman in there.

Plenty of ar$eholes doing their bit to give the Irish a bad name for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

DrPhilG wrote: »
    There were multiple reports of fellas pi$$ing outside the bogs in the arena because the queues were too long, and one instance where some prick went into the ladies, pushed open a stall door and slashed in the corner/all over the poor woman in there.

****ing idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Pints only went in the air at the end in a few areas and I think that was more from relief than anything,

Relief? It's scumbags being scumbags. They didn't care if they got thrown out at that stage, so they threw drinks. It's the only way morons like that are able to express their excitement that someone they don't know won in a sport they have never played and don't appreciate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Clive wrote: »
    Relief? It's scumbags being scumbags. They didn't care if they got thrown out at that stage, so they threw drinks. It's the only way morons like that are able to express their excitement that someone they don't know won in a sport they have never played and don't appreciate.

You don't need to personally know the person competing or have personally participated in a sport to appreciate it.

I know nobody who competes in olympic style rings and have certainly never done it myself, but can appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

You don't need to personally know the person competing or have personally participated in a sport to appreciate it.

I know nobody who competes in olympic style rings and have certainly never done it myself, but can appreciate it.

You have to be McGregors sparring partner to be considered a "real fan", around these parts.

It's sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Either way firing pints in the air is being a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

DrPhilG wrote: »

Assholes are assholes wherever they come from. Plenty of American, brazilian, Chinese etc. assholes to go along with ours.

There's always going to be a certain percentage of assholes everywhere, that's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Swarlez wrote: »
    Assholes are assholes wherever they come from. Plenty of American, brazilian, Chinese etc. assholes to go along with ours.

There's always going to be a certain percentage of assholes everywhere, that's life.

I've been to a lot of UFC events and the only time I've seen mass beer tossing was Dublin and UFC 189.

189 was the only time I've had reports of people pissing everywhere too.

I know every country has idiots. But there's no doubt that 189 brought out a lot of people who were there for the spectacle/McGregor and the excuse for a booze up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Saipanne wrote: »
    You have to be McGregors sparring partner to be considered a "real fan", around these parts.

It's sad.

Conor McGregor fan or MMA fan.

Not a knock on anyone, but I know which one I'd rather be (and am).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Unsure if mentioned but the TUF 22 Finale is on in Vegas on December 11th. A nice warm up for what's ahead the next day.

Lauzon v Dunham and LaFlare v Mike Pierce confirmed.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Conor McGregor fan or MMA fan.

Not a knock on anyone, but I know which one I'd rather be (and am).

Either/or. You either train seven days a week and watched/attended the very first ufc, or you haven't a clue.

Thems the rules.

Paully D wrote: »
    Unsure if mentioned but the TUF 22 Finale is on in Vegas on December 11th. A nice warm up for what's ahead the next day.

Lauzon v Dunham and LaFlare v Mike Pierce confirmed.

Will this be cheap? I'm not overly worried about getting a ticket and will probably be happy to watch from a hotel bar or whatever but if they are cheap then I'll be tempted.

Also is there no chance of Faber being on the card? I'd like to see him get smashed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Will this be cheap? I'm not overly worried about getting a ticket and will probably be happy to watch from a hotel bar or whatever but if they are cheap then I'll be tempted.

Also is there no chance of Faber being on the card? I'd like to see him get smashed. :)

Wonder could they book Edgar vs. Faber, so when Aldo pulls out, Frankie will still be in fight mode and raring to go against Conor.

Faber can be the special gust referee. :)

And do you turn up to rings events and start lobbing beer around? Of course not. If you appreciate the sport you're there to see it, enjoy it, savour the atmosphere in the company of like minded fans.

If someone is the kind of moron who throws drink around at an MMA event, I feel safe enough in saying they don't appreciate the sport.

It's sad.

There are many people on this forum who have never trained a day, who are bigger and better fans of MMA and/or the UFC than I will ever be. Sorry if that doesn't fit your view.

Clive wrote: »
    There are many people on this forum who have never trained a day, who are bigger and better fans of MMA and/or the UFC than I will ever be. Sorry if that doesn't fit your view.

Thank you for your apology.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Either/or. You either train seven days a week and watched/attended the very first ufc, or you haven't a clue.

Thems the rules.

You're worse for actually giving people like that the time of day.

I did some boxing when I was younger, but other than that I have never trained for a minute in mma. Yet I love the sport dearly. I'll have my own opinion on fighters and fights, and couldn't give a toss what anyone else thinks of those opinions.

You're worse for actually giving people like that the time of day.

I did some boxing when I was younger, but other than that I have never trained for a minute in mma. Yet I love the sport dearly. I'll have my own opinion on fighters and fights, and couldn't give a toss what anyone else thinks of those opinions.

You're right, but I just can't resist! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

Ariel Helwani just tweeted that the TUF finale will be on the friday night before 194!

Lauzon vs. Dunham and LaFlare vs. Pierce already on the card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,170 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

martyos121 wrote: »
    Wonder could they book Edgar vs. Faber, so when Aldo pulls out, Frankie will still be in fight mode and raring to go against Conor.

Faber can be the special gust referee. :)
    They fought in May

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement