Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McGregor vs Aldo---December 12th **Main card 3am. Conor v Aldo approx 5am

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

LastLagoon wrote: »
    Given he's one of the coaches will McGregor have to show his face at TUF final? Surely not ideal given he'll be trying to recover from the cut?

How much of a distraction is tuf gonna be to him

That's why I was asking when is the filming over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 karlb123

any poker players here?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just read that the Fight Club pre-sale is on the 9th of September. I'll be using this to get my ticket but I'm not signed up yet, is there any deadline I need to join by to avail of the pre-sale, or could I sign up a couple of days beforehand?

Also, I'm only getting the one ticket myself so I could get up to five more, if anyone's interested in sharing the cost of the Fight Club membership here, PM me and we can sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just read that the Fight Club pre-sale is on the 9th of September. I'll be using this to get my ticket but I'm not signed up yet, is there any deadline I need to join by to avail of the pre-sale, or could I sign up a couple of days beforehand?

Also, I'm only getting the one ticket myself so I could get up to five more, if anyone's interested in sharing the cost of the Fight Club membership here, PM me and we can sort it.

You can purchase it with your ticket all in one transaction

You can purchase it with your ticket all in one transaction

Cool, didn't know that could be done, think I'll get it soon just to be on the safe side, but that's good to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

karlb123 wrote: »
    any poker players here?

Ya big count poster on IPB any reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just read that the Fight Club pre-sale is on the 9th of September.

That could be a fairly expensive week for people who are wanting to get tickets for the Dublin event too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

That_Guy wrote: »
    That could be a fairly expensive week for people who are wanting to get tickets for the Dublin event too.

Unfortunately so, also have the bamma event on the 19th which I still haven't picked up tickets for. Had tickets for the Andy Lee fight that night which has been cancelled so myself and pals are going to bamma instead.

It'll be a costly fortnight to say the least !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

This was on holiday guru's Facebook earlier. May be handy for some.

Las Vegas Trip to See Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo

4 Nights at the 4* MGM Grand Hotel & Flights for only €756

Get the details ► http://www.holidayguru.ie/?p=17530

This was on holiday guru's Facebook earlier. May be handy for some.

Las Vegas Trip to See Conor McGregor vs Jose Aldo

4 Nights at the 4* MGM Grand Hotel & Flights for only €756

Get the details ► http://www.holidayguru.ie/?p=17530

Seems a terrible deal to me. 2stops on both trips and plenty cheaper alternatives close to MGM grand. Flights 550 with 1 stop each way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Seems a terrible deal to me. 2stops on both trips and plenty cheaper alternatives close to MGM grand. Flights 550 with 1 stop each way

It's not great, just thought I'd pass it on.

Can't understand why a company wouldn't try a charter for this. Surely more profit to be made.

It's not great, just thought I'd pass it on.

Can't understand why a company wouldn't try a charter for this. Surely more profit to be made.

They just can't get those large planes. Getting tired now waiting for holloway fight. You'd expect better from holiday guru site. But good to be aware of all deals

Ya big count poster on IPB any reason?

any plans to play while youre at 194? assuming youre going?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone know how much the fees are on top of ticket prices?

Trying to get all the money together into one account ready for the pre-sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,128 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

maximoose wrote: »
    Anyone know how much the fees are on top of ticket prices?

Trying to get all the money together into one account ready for the pre-sale.
    It depends on the price of the ticket. Higher priced tickets, have a higher fee.
    These where the handling fees for UFC 189
    $1003 ($39.32 handling fee)
    $753 ($38.35 handling fee)
    $503 ($31.15 handling fee)
    $353 ($24.15 handling fee)
    $228 ($16.70 handling fee)
    $128 ($13.45 handling fee)

The prices for 194 are going to increase. If the fees are the same it'll look like this;
    P1 = $1250 ($39.32 handling fee) = $1289.32
    P2 = $850 ($38.35 handling fee) = $888.35
    P3 = $600 ($31.15 handling fee) = $631.15
    P4 = $400 ($24.15 handling fee) = $424.15
    P5 = $275 ($16.70 handling fee) = $291.45
    P6 = $175 ($13.45 handling fee) = $188.45

I imagine that about right, or at the very least within a few dollars.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Those fees are absolutely disgusting to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

I've nothing but good things to say about the UFC from my experience at 189. Whether it's the events they put on for the fans, the way Dana granted fans' wishes or how nice all the fighters were.

However I am disappointed that the prices, although not by much, have been put up. A lot of the people that bought tickets for the original Aldo fight didn't get to see that fight and now have to pay more to see it this time around if they can go again. That's nothing against Mendes as it still was a great fight to be at but that's not the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

karlb123 wrote: »
    any plans to play while youre at 194? assuming youre going?

Im sure I will play but no specific plans. the current plan is to stay at Caesars so I would imagine I will play a bit there. I have no real interest in any tournament that takes a day.

I am not sure of your level of knowledge in regards to poker over there but if you want more information drop me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Have the UFC released any information on when the tickets will become available? Half thinking of sneaking back over again on a 3 day in and out job! Fight Club subscription was the best investment ever last year

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Small bit of good news coming out of The Chinese economy suffering is that the Euro is strengthening against the Dollar.

Anybody travelling can get extra value on Christmas pressies.

• Advertisement

Small bit of good news coming out of The Chinese economy suffering is that the Euro is strengthening against the Dollar.

Anybody travelling can get extra value on Christmas pressies.

Hopefully it gets to $1.20 or better by the time the presale starts, would make the more expensive tickets a lot better value and would result in a bigger Irish crowd going over. Was planning on getting a P5 ticket, but P4 could be very affordable if the dollar keeps falling.

Im sure I will play but no specific plans. the current plan is to stay at Caesars so I would imagine I will play a bit there. I have no real interest in any tournament that takes a day.

I am not sure of your level of knowledge in regards to poker over there but if you want more information drop me a pm.

ive never actually been to vegas and only have around 15 months poker experience in sydney, i will make sure to shoot you a pm soon mate cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm not so sure. It'd cost about €100,000 to charter a flight to Vegas.

Ufc 189 had 11 bouts altogether so I imagine 194 will be similar, and there's 8 fights announced so far. Obviously the top 3 are amazing, but the other 5 are a bit... Meh.

If there are 3 bouts yet to be announced then I hope there's some bigger names. Really hoping for Gunni v Wonderboy.

Still hoping for Faber vs. Sterling myself, might as well have both TUF coaches on the same card. Better chance of him fighting on the TUF finale card the night before though, which is shaping up nicely already.

JDS vs Overeem is official for the following week, ufc on fox. Theres three ufc events in one week, and some of the scraps announced on the other events would have been brilliant for 194.

JDS vs Overeem
    Khabib vs Ferguson
    Diaz vs Michael Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

RDA Vs Cowboy too

Pulse8 wrote: »
    RDA Vs Cowboy too

Yeah, would hardly expect that on a card with two title fights on it already though!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭slyph

I am very tempted to make a solo trip over. Always wanted to see Vegas as I am big into poker and would love to see McGregor smash Aldo !

The atmosphere there will be amazing ! The only thing putting me off a bit is doing it all solo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

dulux99 wrote: »
    Yeah, would hardly expect that on a card with two title fights on it already though!

If they wanted to go all out & go after the PPV record that'd be a good way to do it....

I think I'd actually rather see that than Weidman v Rockhold tbh, would love to see Cowboy fight in person

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement