Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

otterj wrote: »
    Does snap chat work onk on thios phone? Ive had issues on previous androids

Ive been using it for 2 weeks with no issues thus far anyway.

The one thing that Im not liking about the phone is that its so feckin awkward trying to take a screen shot. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Hi Folks, picked this up on Monday and have to say it is really amazing (just like everyone has said!) One question though, I can't seem to connect it to my pc in order to transfer the pictures off it? Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,765 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi Folks, picked this up on Monday and have to say it is really amazing (just like everyone has said!) One question though, I can't seem to connect it to my pc in order to transfer the pictures off it? Any ideas?

enable mtp in storage settings

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

FrostyJim wrote: »
    enable mtp in storage settings

Perfect cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Great phone, hullomail crashing on it before it starts though, anyone else get it running or know another free voicemail app?

Edit:
    Sorted just had to restart phone, love this phone so far WAY better than the Galaxy S4 I bought last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Hit the volume button and on the pop up window click the "Priority" option. Go into the settings and see what things you do want to hear, and what you dont.

Sorry if I'm being dumb, but by 'volume button' - do you mean the up/down volume buttons above the power button? When I hit either of these, I get the on-screen indicator of volume, but I don't have any 'priority' option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jimmyboy40

Sorry - yes...

I was browsing away on it, left it for 30secs, assumed the screen had timed out but nothing I've done can wake it up. It's around 50% charged...

EDIT: It's OK everyone - it's back! Continue what you were all doing prior to this minor emergency. :rolleyes:
    I held the Power button for more than 30secs and it came back - that must've activated the "Defibrillator" setting :cool:

Weird mine did the same today except more worrying it was off for about a hour, I was holding power button all sorts, just about to get a replacement and it came back to life

I shall be monitoring most strange, but performing brilliant tonight as well, seem very fast

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

RainyDay wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm being dumb, but by 'volume button' - do you mean the up/down volume buttons above the power button? When I hit either of these, I get the on-screen indicator of volume, but I don't have any 'priority' option.

When you touch the volume buttons you should get this,then choose priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Ordered one on Tuesday, got an email at midday today to say I should receive my item within 24 hours. Just checked the status of my order online and its showing as cancelled. Anyone else have this problem?

Yet dispatch date is showing as today ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

pissed wrote: »
    Ordered one on Tuesday, got an email at midday today to say I should receive my item within 24 hours. Just checked the status of my order online and its showing as cancelled. Anyone else have this problem?

It looks like they ran out of stock.

BFdsmh0.png

• Advertisement

The Geek review is excellent, as is You tube Geekanoids check it out, the fella loves his gadgets and is very very knowledgable. Overall however , is any one else feeling the industry is fully of people on the payroll and its like they almost like they don't want the cheap mid range, lower high end to succeed?

Some of the reviews and some of the media's crap being spilled about the snapdragon 615 in particular has been ill informed and bordering on Bias, what the UK and Ireland are saying is that we want a cheap high/mid range phone, we don't care if it hasn't got the apple logo on it, or Samsung, we just want more bang for a buck. The media however seem to think we are all interested in Flagship phones

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Lads how has your battery life been? Mine seems to be dropping off a bit too quick, the battery stats aren't helpful in deciding what it could be, I've also done a factory reset on the phone and it hasn't fixed it.

Here's some screenshots in case they help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

DanC90 wrote: »
    Lads how has your battery life been? Mine seems to be dropping off a bit too quick, the battery stats aren't helpful in deciding what it could be, I've also done a factory reset on the phone and it hasn't fixed it.

Here's some screenshots in case they help.

Turn off Bluetooth, that savages the battery power.

When out and about defo turn Wifi off, bluetooth off

as someone mentioned Bluetooth can be a killer

Also if your not using it turn off location in Settings, its a bright phone, get that brightness on half way

also a killer is wifi in advanced settings, turn off scanning always available, and keep wi fi on sleep make sure that is off when clicking battery it will tell you whats eating i my top 2 are screen and Gmail, turn sync to 30 mins or more, and perhaps use a wallpaper that is not a live one, and shorten the time of sleep, mine is set to 30 secs

when I'm in a usual situation at work, using it on breaks, lunch , on 4G/3G connection and playing the odd game, you tube vid, I go to work on 100 per cent and come home with at least 80 , bare in mind its sleeping when i can't use it at work

A heavy weekend will be 100 per cent at wake and 20 per cent left by end of day and that thrashing the games, the web, you tube, general messing about

compared to my old M8 its bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 17,731 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I keep almost everything on, a decent screen brightness too, on 24% battery now since this morning with 6.5 hrs screen on time.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Turn off Bluetooth, that savages the battery power.

I have Bluetooth on for my Xiaomi Mi Band which uses Bluetooth LE and on my old moto G it didn't affect the battery a bit, plus the battery stats don't show anything about Bluetooth taking up any battery. I understand why you think it's the Bluetooth but I really don't think it is.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

So how long do you get out of a charge? And how many hours "screen on" time do you get? I can get 5 hours screen on time with tonnes ofif usage and can still barely get the battery to deplete after a days usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

I have Bluetooth on for my Xiaomi Mi Band which uses Bluetooth LE and on my old moto G it didn't affect the battery a bit, plus the battery stats don't show anything about Bluetooth taking up any battery. I understand why you think it's the Bluetooth but I really don't think it is.

Bluetooth will most likely show as "android system" or something in battery stats. Even if your fairly sure that Bluetooth is not the issue I'd go ahead and turn it off when not in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Jimmyboy40 wrote: »
    The Geek review is excellent, as is You tube Geekanoids check it out, the fella loves his gadgets and is very very knowledgable. Overall however , is any one else feeling the industry is fully of people on the payroll and its like they almost like they don't want the cheap mid range, lower high end to succeed?

Some of the reviews and some of the media's crap being spilled about the snapdragon 615 in particular has been ill informed and bordering on Bias, what the UK and Ireland are saying is that we want a cheap high/mid range phone, we don't care if it hasn't got the apple logo on it, or Samsung, we just want more bang for a buck. The media however seem to think we are all interested in Flagship phones
    To be honest part of this is down to PR & marketing spend. I used to work in PR for a smartphone company and the amount they spent on PR (not just advertising) was huge. Journalists would get each new device for a few days before launch, blogger events every month etc.

The less well known brands probably don't spend anything at all on this and hope bloggers just come across their devices, whereas Apple and Samsung will just promote their flagships and how the effect trickles down to the rest of their brand.

So how long do you get out of a charge? And how many hours "screen on" time do you get? I can get 5 hours screen on time with tonnes ofif usage and can still barely get the battery to deplete after a days usage.

Yesterday's battery stats said it was on for 20 hours with 3hrs screen on time, when I went to bed last night it had 35% left and when I woke up it had 17% so in 6 hours it dropped almost 20% on standby.

I've decided to return it today and ask for a replacement, I love the phone its a great phone its just I know it should have a better battery than that so I'm hoping it's just a straight swap and there's no issues over the network unlock.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Yesterday's battery stats said it was on for 20 hours with 3hrs screen on time, when I went to bed last night it had 35% left and when I woke up it had 17% so in 6 hours it dropped almost 20% on standby.

I've decided to return it today and ask for a replacement, I love the phone its a great phone its just I know it should have a better battery than that so I'm hoping it's just a straight swap and there's no issues over the network unlock.

That is pretty good performance during the day. I would be pretty certain that your problem with battery draining is down to an app and not the devices fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Went out to get a roll at lunchtime and ended up buying this! Bought the unlock code there as well. Hopefully I get the email quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Is this setting off?
    Wifi > Advanced > Always allow scanning

If not then it could be the culprit for your battery drain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Deneva

Ultra 6 arrived from Amazon this morning, very good buy for £125, got unlock code from EBay,put wife's sim card and and its working fine,sh absolutely loves it. I think I may take the plunge and probably buy a Moto G though, while I think the Ultra 6 is ascgood and in some ways better,it's to big for me, not easy to carry in my pocket,which is a shame. OK in her handbag though, mind you anything would fit in that ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

You should borrow it for a few days (if she'll part with it!) . You'd be surprised how quickly you'd get used to the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Got this phone today, very happy with it so far.

Now I can take panorama pics. :P
    This is just a test one.

20740487128_daf10fe72b_c.jpg

For some reason though when I plug it into my laptop, it doesn't show up. :confused:
    EDIT: Fixed. Went into settings > storage > right button and then there was an option for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Your first course of action when your phone battery drains a lot is to determine if its the phone OR an app.
    Putting the phone into safemode for 5-6 hours will tell. If it continues to drain, it's the device otherwise phone is fine, it's an app draining your battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 K.O24

Hi there,
    I have a question and i'm just wondering is there anyone here who can help me. I bought this phone in england and got it unlocked but now since I brought it home when I put the 3 sim in it the network keeps alternating between 3 and o2. It automatically chooses o2 which I don't understand and then says that my data roaming is turned off because I am abroad when I am not. Hope someone can help me out. K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Couple of queries..... has anyone paired this 128gb sd card as yet? Saw a sandisk one on amazon for £51 earlier I might pick up.

Also I have 64gb sd card loaded with music and a few movies if I bang that into the phone is it likely to freeze it up for hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

pissed wrote: »

Despite the cancellation notice the phone arrived this morning, still waiting on the unlock code which was ordered at noon :(

Advertisement