Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daredevil [Netflix/Disney - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so finally finished this, why did he wear a hat pulled down over his head, did it never cause anybody to wonder 'how can he see through that' and the new suit the horns while a good idea, were a it much.

why would all those people blind themselves? was it really that advantageous to have blind couriors if they have fancy cars pick them up in the middle of the city, what was the higher purpose of the old asian woman, some mystical crap that i uess we have to wait for season two to find out about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Watched this all in the one day and loved it. I'm a massive fan of daredevil comics and taught it was perfect. can't wait for season two. The old Asian lady (Lady Gao) will be in the other netflix series if the comics are anything to go by. The costume wasn't great but I still nerded out when I saw it in the end

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I'm half way through it. Rather enjoying it. The conflicted nature of the supporting cast and villains, the gritty action and consequences which are a change from the normal Marvel universe, and the faith & demons of the title character. Overall this is excellent TV and looking forward to a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,010 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Onto the 6th episode really enjoying it so far

It's hard to believe it's the same universe as the avengers, guardians of the galaxy, ant man etc. In episode 5 when all the places were blown up where were all your super humans then. ??

New York seems to have rebuilt itself quite fast since avengers assemble too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Onto the 6th episode really enjoying it so far

It's hard to believe it's the same universe as the avengers, guardians of the galaxy, ant man etc. In episode 5 when all the places were blown up where were all your super humans then. ??

New York seems to have rebuilt itself quite fast since avengers assemble too.

I know it's DC Comics but it serves a nice illustration.

There are about 7 billion people on this planet.

Assuming only .001% of them are in peril leaves you with 7,000,000
    If Superman could rescue each of these in a second. It would still take him a 2 and half months to rescue everybody. Obviously that's not attainable. Superheroes despite their superpowers cannot feasibly be everywhere on Earth to save everyone. There's just too many darn people.
    Superman has to choose who he rescues and who he lets die. Obviously he's going to address the higher proportion threats e.g World Invasion. Over mob crime in an area the size of Hell's Kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Just finished this with a mini marathon to get through the last 3 yesterday. Really really enjoyed this show and I'm itching for season 2.

The only thing that bugged me in the finale was
    letting Karen off the hook for Ben's death thanks to the little "no one ever told Ben to do something he didn't want to" line from the wife. Well, she lied to Ben to get him into a car to look at a nursing home, tricked him into meeting Fisk's mother and then haranged him into writing the story when he didn't want to. All of these actions put Ben directly in Fisk's cross-hairs and led to his death. Nothing good came from it either, Ben died for nothing. They took down Fisk by finding the cop. Hopefully this ghost will haunt her next season cos I got the feeling from the conversation with the wife that that she was absolved from her part in Ben's death.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I'm up to episode 12 at this point.

The difference between this and House of Cards is that this allows its characters space to breathe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Nessun dorma? I'm down with that.

I thought the finale brought things to a level I'd expect from network show, tbh. Namely,
    the execution of justice and the escape attempt, but hey.

Jason Statham rumoured to be in line to star in season 2 although marvel quickly quashed the rumour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Jason Statham rumoured to be in line to star in season 2 although marvel quickly quashed the rumour

yeah he was in heavy negotiation for it but the leak killed it.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=121393

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Jon Bernthal(Shane in walking dead, wolf of wall Street, fury) cast as Frank Castle, the Punisher for season 2. Excellent casting and great addition to the story. Get hyped!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

More of a Thomas Jane type Punisher than Dolph Lundgren or Titus Pullo/Ray Stevenson, should be awesome in the role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Had to read an article headline twice there, thought I read Jay Baruchel at first. :o

Great casting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I didn't love it but I liked it. Charlie Cox is great as Murdock, and I think Vincent Donofrio also did a stellar job.

Just didn't like the supporting cast - I felt Ben, Foggy, Karen were just a little too underwhelming in presence. I never felt a genuine depth to the relationship between the three and Murdock.

The one scene that made me particularly feel like the entire show was hitting off target was the 'avacados at law' flashback. I really enjoyed that - the show needed more of it.

Wesley was a good character that could have been much more.

All in all a decent watch and the next season sounds great.

The second season is being described by showrunner Marco Ramirez as “Daredevil vs. the Punisher.”.:eek::eek::D:D

http://deadline.com/2015/06/daredevil-season-2-is-daredevil-vs-punisher-1201458825/

Probably fan made but looks great.

11391752_10153001182178995_2987183218786604641_n.jpg?oh=e7faed8bb4615c6eb7f3daeefe24d9d3&oe=562D4D34

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Probably fan made but looks great.
    snap... just saw it on facebook - was done by a fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A new TV series in which there's not at least one pointless sex scene in every single episode :eek: What is going on? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I just finished the first season. Brilliant.

I watched the Arrow, Gotham (I could only stomach the first 6 episodes) and Agents of Shield and thought I had reached my level of comic book tv shows, but then on a suggestion I gave Daredevil a shot, great first episode, incredible second episode that had me hooked and the rest of the season consistently brilliant.

Looking forward to the second season, great casting...

Here are first pictures of the Punisher. I dont know what it is but Studios are always very nervous about putting the skull on his chest, which is basically his costume. I really hope they dont wimp on out that.

https://twitter.com/JustJared/status/630139441407881216/photo/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I don't know why people are being weird about the lack of skull t-shirt. This is the first time we're seeing Frank Castle in this universe. It stands to reason that they'll do some sort of origin story and have it pay off with him donning the t-shirt at some point.

Is it just me or is anyone else not looking forward to the punisher. Personally I just think it's too soon, I get they want to move on the story but I'd have preferred a out and out villain with the punisher coming along later. I guess punisher might be one of the season 2 series?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is it just me or is anyone else not looking forward to the punisher. Personally I just think it's too soon, I get they want to move on the story but I'd have preferred a out and out villain with the punisher coming along later. I guess punisher might be one of the season 2 series?

I think it's interesting that instead of going with an out and out villain they're going with an anti-hero who wants the same as DD but who has a different method (that's my understanding at least, I'm not a comic reader). I do worry that they'll struggle to stretch that conflict our for 13 episodes but they may have someone for them to team up against but haven't revealed it yet.

• Advertisement

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I think it's interesting that instead of going with an out and out villain they're going with an anti-hero who wants the same as DD but who has a different method (that's my understanding at least, I'm not a comic reader). I do worry that they'll struggle to stretch that conflict our for 13 episodes but they may have someone for them to team up against but haven't revealed it yet.

Traditionally daredevil and the punisher are fighting the same goal but daredevil doesn't approve of his methods, just feel he's been shoehorned into the series, would prefer his own series first and build up his character. Could use plenty of daredevils rogue gallery without going too comic booky, hopefully they will do bullseye properly when they get to him but its gonna be hard to do while keeping the grittiness

Advertisement