Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daredevil [Netflix/Disney - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just on Episode 7, Insanity Acquittal rates in New York 0.12% has science behind it!!!! :D

Science paper: http://www.jaapl.org/content/23/3/399.full.pdf

Episode 8!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Just finished, fantastic series, even better than the first imo. Bernthal was outstanding and some of his conversations with DD were highlights of the season for me.

Multiple plot-lines set up for S3, which is great!
    Finished it this morning myself and it wasn't there either.

It's somewhere in the series as it already on YouTube with cam versions.

Someone uploaded to the Luke Cage thread

Weird, it was there for me.

Just finished! Really good show!
    Slydice wrote: »
    Episode 8!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I wasn't wrong there. If you're at 8, buckle in! :)

Thought one weakness was:
    Grown up Elektra in fights. Kid Elektra underscored this. I felt that if the kid was put to fight the grown up, then the kid would've won. I'm guessing they might have decided to not show as strong a character overall to suit where the plot was gonna take her and allow for the love arc with Karen to get back on track.

Proper version of the Luke Cage bit on youtube:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Only three episodes but i'm just not getting the love for the Punisher character. Compared to Fisk or even Kilgrave he's just so boring and one dimensional. I think the actor is doing his best- I really liked his portrayal of Shane in the Walking dead. Fight cinematography is excellent as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Finished it there - overall very strong. Personally I enjoyed it more than Season 1, but I'm guessing many will be disappointed that Fisk didn't have a bigger role this season. I enjoyed seeing Punisher and Elektra done right and delighted ample time was given for their respective stories.

If anything, this season stumbled at the final hurdle, as I felt the final 2 episodes lost momentum a bit, but that said it was still a very good season.

I'm guessing many will be disappointed that Fisk didn't have a bigger role this season

I don't understand this. I'm sure you're right and people will feel this way but, for me, I'd have been really annoyed if Fisk had had a big role this season. He's been beaten and put away and I wanted the next villain, which I got thankfully! I really liked the angle of
    Fisk biding his time in jail and playing the long game to return stronger than ever. I think that'll really give weight to his return down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I don't understand this. I'm sure you're right and people will feel this way but, for me, I'd have been really annoyed if Fisk had had a big role this season. He's been beaten and put away and I wanted the next villain, which I got thankfully! I really liked the angle of
    Fisk biding his time in jail and playing the long game to return stronger than ever. I think that'll really give weight to his return down the line

Yeah I completely agree with you, but I had heard from early reviews that people seemed disappointed that he wasn't the big bad yet again this season, which obviously is not how comic book/superhero shows work, but I was really happy to have new characters introduced and to see them evolve and come into their own - Bernthal as I already mentioned is great as Punisher and I loved getting his origins story throughout the season. Obviously
    Fisk will get out at some point and be a huge threat once again, but I think just having him in it for the couple of episodes and seeing how he's getting on inside, was just the right amount of Fisk for this particular season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

If I had a euro for every time I said 'Oh, fúck!' during that season ...

Beranthal was amazing.

If I understand it correctly
    The Colonel was the Blacksmith and he had offered Frank a role in his drug ring. Was the murder of his family just a coincidence or did the Blacksmith organise the meet in the park knowing the Castles would be there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Enjoyed it but feel the second half was weak. Too much going on, felt convoluted and cluttered. 2 love interests, 2 villain arcs...Karen's character gets way to much time imo.

Punisher didn't seem to tie in at the end and that annoyed me. Still, as I said I enjoyed it. Will watch next series.

Jessica Jones was pretty crap really so hopefully Cage makes up for that on his lonesome

Moviebob review of it:
    Contains spoilers...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haven't started watching, and like before have no intention to binge this, but can anyone tell me how the violence stacks up compared with last season? Seems like season 1 was pretty aggressively punctuated by moments of extreme violence; am wondering if this is still the case. I presume so given The Punishers CV

pixelburp wrote: »
    Haven't started watching, and like before have no intention to binge this, but can anyone tell me how the violence stacks up compared with last season? Seems like season 1 was pretty aggressively punctuated by moments of extreme violence; am wondering if this is still the case. I presume so given The Punishers CV

yup. Tbh, the violence is a liiiittle more sparse than S1 but, at times, a good bit more brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I find the violence way more brutal this season, episode 4 contained a lot... I'm really happy though that the Irish had proper Irish accents or the actors were Irish themselves not that horrible one the Americans always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,918 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If you mean the main Irish honcho in Episode 4, the actor, Tony Curran is actually Scottish. He put in a great performance in Doctor Who a few years ago as Vincent van Gogh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

flazio wrote: »
    If you mean the main Irish honcho in Episode 4, the actor, Tony Curran is actually Scottish. He put in a great performance in Doctor Who a few years ago as Vincent van Gogh.

Ya the accent was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

He's done the accent before in Boardwalk Empire which also starred Charlie Cox who did an impressive Irish accent himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Ninjas. Endless Ninjas.

Have to say even though it was very good I preferred Season 1.

Even though there was more action in Season 2 the fight scenes all seemed very similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

11 episodes in and I had to give it a break for the night.

So far, I could've honestly done without Elektra, I think it would've been a lot stronger if it had focused solely on Frank. It feels like I'm watching 2 different shows at times, one much more serious and dark in tone, and the other more outrageous with ninjas and assassins and other weird goings on, the shift in tone can be jarring at times. Maybe it's just that I'm a fan of the Punisher, every time there were scenes with Elektra, I kept wanting to get back to Frank. Perhaps they should've kept her for season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Thought it was superb. In my opinion these Netflix superhero shows put the others like Arrow, flash etc to shame.

That's how you do action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Thinking back on it a little, they kind of threw Karen's issue with murdering someone under the rug a little. It was the last thing commented upon in the first series, then absolutely nothing in S2. I assume they're waiting for when Fisk comes back into the fray, but still.

sheep? wrote:
    Thinking back on it a little, they kind of threw Karen's issue with murdering someone under the rug a little. It was the last thing commented upon in the first series, then absolutely nothing in S2. I assume they're waiting for when Fisk comes back into the fray, but still.

It wasn't addressed directly but I think it was obvious she saw herself in Frank, hence if she could justify his actions she could justify her own. I don't think she'll face any threat from the police but Fisk will definitely have something to say. It will also be interesting to see what happens when Matt finds out.

Very good point, I didn't think of that.

I do remember her face when frank butchered those lads in the diner. I thought something may have been brought up around then, but perhaps I'm being a little lazy in what I expect the writers to give me. :)

It'll certainly make for some interesting conversations with Matt!

sheep? wrote: »
    Very good point, I didn't think of that.

I do remember her face when frank butchered those lads in the diner. I thought something may have been brought up around then, but perhaps I'm being a little lazy in what I expect the writers to give me. :)

It'll certainly make for some interesting conversations with Matt!

Personally I was worried we might get some sort of weird Daredevil-How To Get Away With Murder mashup with Karen trying to cover up a new bit of evidence every other episode, so I'm glad they were more subtle, like the conversation she had with Matt in his apartment after their date when she tried to defend Frank.

Thanks for that. I'd forgotten about her Killing Fisks assistant Wesley. Helps with my understanding of her story in season 2 now.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Personally I was worried we might get some sort of weird Daredevil-How To Get Away With Murder mashup with Karen trying to cover up a new bit of evidence every other episode, so I'm glad they were more subtle, like the conversation she had with Matt in his apartment after their date when she tried to defend Frank.

If this is the intention of the writers, I'm quite impressed by them.

I initially saw it as an attempt to heighten the tension between the conflicting ideologies of Matt and Frank, which as a by-product, just made Karen's opinions (and character) a plot tool in my eyes.

BUT

As you said, very subtle. It would also explain why despite her obvious disgust at physically seeing Frank's murders, she still seemed happy when she spotted him on the rooftop at the end.

Certainly a good excuse for me to re-watch it in the near future with this in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Excellent love fisk- "may we do this again sometime"

luke cage trailer was at the end for me

Sorry if this has been asked before , it's been driving me mad. Is this meant to have a grainy aesthetic to it at 1080p or am I getting a sub par picture :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

That was awesome. Surprised by the level of violence. That scene of the punisher in the jail was more violent than what you would find in Game Of Thrones

Advertisement