Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daredevil [Netflix/Disney - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

It's only 15s. Probably because they never say "fuk". They don't need to though, really, since if they had them frequently saying fuk it'd be weird to possibly do crossovers with movies or even network shows and suddenly have them not even say " sh!t".

Also, is the 'Netflix budget' considered bad? They're putting $300m into the entire four seasons + defenders mini series AFAIK which means this season of DD probably received ~$50m. That's not exactly low budget lol, it actually feels much higher budget than all other superhero shows I've checked out, especially since it doesn't have that cheap soap show appearance they all seem to have.

Netflix also invested around $90m in Marco Polo season one which is far more than any Game of Thrones seasons so far, so they're pretty comfortable backing their content up with money and not skimping out. I'm sure they were cautious with this season to not go overboard to get a feel of the reception a superhero show like this would receive for them but since it's been a huge success so far they'll probably be a lot more confident in the follow up series.

The struggle with the darkness may be your TV if it has bad black levels. Mines pretty good and I had no issues with that, but it would be even better to watch on a plasma display.

I also missed Claire. She made out that she doesn't want to be near him because of what he does but I expected that to go like Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy lol, especially when she helped him with the guy on the roof.

Like I said I am nit picking - I love the show and have been enthralled in it since Friday.

I am surprised that it is 15s that "death" In episode 3 I think WTF!

I am really hoping that Netflix will announce series 2 tomorrow morning after a stellar opening weekend for the show but I doubt it. More please netflix ������

Yeah surprised she's really gone as I thought they might have been building her up as some sort of Night Nurse charater that could have passed into AKA Jessica Jones Luke Cage and the Iron Fist netflix series

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

At times there is a real Batman Begins off this show ( the scenes around the docks etc.Not a bad thing). I'm at episode 8 at the minute

I'd never really gotten into DareDevil before, are the comics worth a go ?
    They have 50% sale atm until 11pm est on DareDevil

https://www.comixology.eu/Daredevil-by-Mark-Waid-Sale/page/6161?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Love the way wilson fisk's character is written.Damaged and at times very unsure of himself. Kinda like an only child thats been left alone for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Just finished the series last night. Loved it. Hopefully Netflix/Marvel can keep it up with their other programmes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I've never taken to the concept of binge-watching, so I'm happy to slowly watch the episodes in something resembling a steadier, more traditional pace.

Caught episode 1 and first impressions are positive: it's better written with better / stronger character depth than Marvel's other TV projects. Heck its own films don't have as much depth going on. It felt like Arrow, only good.

That said, it was also fairly grim and the notion that this is the same universe as The Avengers felt jarring at times. I get the intention is to make a more 'adult' themed superhero show and that's laudable, but human trafficking in the world of Ultron and Guardians of the Galaxy feels weird.

• Advertisement

Just finished watching, it was interesting, not great, its like one very long episode. Wanted to know more about the Wilson/Wesley relationship. I liked the Fisk character and how flawed it was. But i would have liked to have seen how smart he was also. I felt the scales balanced a bit more on the flawed side of things.

Needs more Rosario Dawson

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Just finished watching, it was interesting, not great, its like one very long episode. Wanted to know more about the Wilson/Wesley relationship. I liked the Fisk character and how flawed it was. But i would have liked to have seen how smart he was also. I felt the scales balanced a bit more on the flawed side of things.

Needs more Rosario Dawson

This was the character's origins. I wouldn't doubt that he'll be back as The Kingpin in a future series involving DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the corridor fight was filmed in one scene in the second episode, as an homage to Old Boy

This was the character's origins. I wouldn't doubt that he'll be back as The Kingpin in a future series involving DD.

I know that, but how did he get himself into that position. He was still very very powerful with people such as Wesley hanging on every word. But no story as to why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 everpresent

Bingeing show is not for me. I was enjoying the show at the start but by the end the show was mere background noise.

Guess the next show Marvel/Netflix does, I will watch it one episode a week

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Skerries wrote: »
    the corridor fight was filmed in one scene in the second episode, as an homage to Old Boy

They had only two days to plan the choreography and positioning of the camera as well, compared to the couple of weeks movies with long shots usually take. It must have been the most satisfying scene to have shot perfectly for everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I sort of agree with this. Throughout the show people around Disk were complaining about how he had lost focus and become emotional, and in the first few episodes he was this nameless menace, I wanted more of that as towards the end even before he went public that visage quickly faded.

Another slight issue I had was that it was very difficult to tell how much time was going by. Have the show makers said what sort of time span we're looking at.

Few spoilery questions not sure or Ive spoilered them right on my phone.
    do we know what the hell Black Sky is!? Or who Stick was talking to at the end of that episode? I presume it will all tie up with The Defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

FunLover18 wrote: »
    do we know what the hell Black Sky is!? Or who Stick was talking to at the end of that episode? I presume it will all tie up with The Defenders
    from what I read it could be to do with Iron Fist and the land that he came from and also Madame Gao, K'un Lun. so maybe in season 2 or in The Defenders. The guy (Stone) is another member of Stick's group called The Chaste who fight Nobu's group The Hand

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bingeing show is not for me. I was enjoying the show at the start but by the end the show was mere background noise.

Guess the next show Marvel/Netflix does, I will watch it one episode a week

An episode or two a night does me, though that can trun into 4 or 5 if a series gets really good :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭pah

I was also unsure of the time frame here. 13 episodes with a lot of them running directly into each other, It didn't feel like more than a month at most from start to end

pah wrote:
    I was also unsure of the time frame here. 13 episodes with a lot of them running directly into each other, It didn't feel like more than a month at most from start to end

Yeh it was, but considering some of the injuries Matt got (especially from Nobu) I kind of thought it was a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

@DeborahAnnWoll is doing a twitter Q & A at 7pm using the #AskKarenPage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Anyone know exactly what Ben Urich found out about Karen's past that was dodgy, as he put it iirc ??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Anyone know exactly what Ben Urich found out about Karen's past that was dodgy, as he put it iirc ??

Think it was hinted that she shot someone before.
    When she [Episodes 10 onwards spoiler]
    was held hostage by Wesley.

One thing I didn't like about Ben
    Episode 12 spoiler
    was his death. In all his experience he knew that Fisk would come after him eventually. Why didn't hidden cameras? He could have had a webcam set up on his computer to record the death. I was really hoping that would be the way Fisk was outed. Strangling a man to death live on the internet.

Speaking on Ben Urich was anybody else thinking "Holy ****, it's black Dominic West!"

... Just me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Private Pyle makes a damn good Kingpin.

Philip Silvera the fight coordinator on that one fight in the second episode.

Spoiler link

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I am sick to death of the relentless bombardement of Daredevil trailers that are pushed on me on Youtube... enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

I am sick to death of the relentless bombardement of Daredevil trailers that are pushed on me on Youtube... enough already.

Then get Adblock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Only 2 episodes in, apart from the fight scenes which in fairness are very good its a bit meh. Some of the acting and dialogue is awful though, especially any scenes that have Foggy and Karen in them, I find those two actors particularly weak. Ill stick with it though

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,136 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Finished it last night, really enjoyed it overall but I thought the finale was by far the weakest episode of the whole show. The suit looked a bit naff imo and
    Fisk was taken down far too quickly and easily considering how untouchable he was for the rest of the series

Still thought it was a really good series overall and I'm intrigued by the
    mystical and fantasy stuff that was teased throughout which will hopefully be followed through on in future seasons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

really enjoying this!!

particularly enamored with Private Piles performance.......

the people behind Banshee anything to do with this?? the theme music is very Banshee

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Finished it tonight. Very enjoyable overall. The episode I liked best was Nelson v. Murdoch - probably the least action packed of the lot, but I really enjoyed the Foggy/Matt backstory...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

That was brilliant. Has it been renewed yet?

Advertisement