Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

god's toy wrote: »
    That app needs an update as the stena is gone from Dun Laoghaire.

What time did it sail? I'll have missed it now!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ha! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

duploelabs wrote: »
    Wasn't tiny flashlight involved in having Malware integral to the program?

Nope.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2ifqx1/in_defense_of_flashlight_apps/%20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Those flashlight apps are a bit pointless now though IMO, since Lollipop has a built in quick tile on the drop down notification shade for turning on LED. Then again, I dont know what % of users are on lollipop yet.

Tinie wrote: »
    Those flashlight apps are a bit pointless now though IMO, since Lollipop has a built in quick tile on the drop down notification shade for turning on LED. Then again, I dont know what % of users are on lollipop yet.

I'm on Lollipop and she ain't got no "built in quick tile on the drop down notification shade for turning on LED" on her.

Depending on phone, Lollipop versions you will have will vary like the wind.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I'm on Lollipop and she ain't got no "built in quick tile on the drop down notification shade for turning on LED" on her.

Really? Not along the wifi/bluetooth etc. quick tiles? Odd, the 4 lollipop devices I have all have it,.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭corkie

Some toggles will disappear from the panel if there not used regularly!

To get the Flash Light/Torch toggle back open your camera app and it will reappear in the drop-down!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

corkie wrote: »

To get the Flash Light/Torch toggle back open your camera app and it will reappear in the drop-down!

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

corkie wrote: »

Never had any of mine go, on AOSP so it must be a third party ROM thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭corkie

Nope.

I just tested on my Nexus 9, may be try playing with the flash settings from within your camera app. Turning the flash from automatic to off for example!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

You should be able to edit the drop down notifications and add it. I just did. I'd wondered where the flashlight was gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

You should be able to edit the drop down notifications and add it. I just did. I'd wondered where the flashlight was gone!

I'm same as tombstone, don't have it on my Samsung S4. went into the settings to check and not there either on 5.0.1.

Can add a widget for it though to the homescreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,886 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Amalgam wrote: »
    Osmand.gif

OsmAnd+ Maps & Navigation OsmAnd

Paid/Support (€6.49): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.osmand.plus&hl=en

Free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.osmand&hl=en

---

Having a proper, full, offline country map is a Godsend. I'm partial to the vector style of map display that OsmAnd offer, very reminiscent of road maps supplied by Ordnance Survey Ireland. (osi.ie)

Vector mapping that to me, beats the likes of Google and Bing, from the point of view of aesthetics.

I haven't tried the free version, but the paid app allows the download of any country that you care to view, Ireland is a vector map download of about 150MB, give or take.

A crowd sourced manner of mapping, evolves thanks to, possibly, *your* input.

There are issues with the UI, having to enter a full address to 'go to', can be tiresome, if you're looking for wildcard searches, Google/Bing will provide a more instant experience, but for offline use, it works great.

---

Osm_And01boards.gif

Osm_And02boards.gif

Osm_And03boards.gif
    Exactly what I was looking for thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,175 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

eoferrall wrote: »
    I'm same as tombstone, don't have it on my Samsung S4. went into the settings to check and not there either on 5.0.1.

Can add a widget for it though to the homescreen.

Same as with an S5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Lads Samsung Touchwiz may as well not be android at all. They butcher it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

User tombstone is wrong, the flashlight is there on my S5 and friends s6.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Missing on my note 4. Hardly on the 5.1 update is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,175 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Digitalism wrote: »
    User tombstone is wrong, the flashlight is there on my S5 and friends s6.

Is your s5 rooted?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I had it on 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.1 and 5.1.1, its the same 8 all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Tis on my 1+1. Best phone I ever owned :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

I had an app on my phone that a allowed you to place photos in magazine covers for fun. It had lots of templates and you could put any picture in them. Does anybody know which one i am talking about. i can find it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭droidman123

paska wrote: »
    I had an app on my phone that a allowed you to place photos in magazine covers for fun. It had lots of templates and you could put any picture in them. Does anybody know which one i am talking about. i can find it

Photolab or photofunia

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Yip photofunia I think good app..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭droidman123

Yeah both good craic,the photolab one is best for the magazine covers

• Registered Users Posts: 44 summonerm

Farm Heroes Saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Please don't use King games. They really are the most awful of publishers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Please don't use King games. They really are the most awful of publishers :(

I am full of self loathing for the fact that I got totally addicted to Bubble Witch Saga :-(

The secret is to have a stern talking to yourself about never being that person who either pays for in-game content or logs into any game with facebook account.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Better half has random ads / apps on Google Play pushed up while using her phone... she tried using AirPush Detector (which I saw recommended elsewhere) but it crashed, and told her something about her phone didn't need it! :confused:

She also tried MalwareBytes and AVG.. no luck.

There also seems to be one or two apps installed which she can't uninstall... so I suspect they're the problem.

Anyone have any idea of a suitable app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

nedd wrote: »
    The secret is to have a stern talking to yourself about never being that person who either pays for in-game content

I'm ok with paying for ingame content provided it adds content and isn't just 'pay to skip this artificial waiting period!' type microtransactions. TBH though, I'd usually just buy games that cost a nominal fee to make sure I'm not supporting the freemium model where possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

King games are OK. I usually get to level 60 or 70 in most before they get too hard to continue (without paying for powerups).

Then I delete them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement