Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,402 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I think it's play music subscription only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Does it stop the in app ads though?
    Would like to know this also. RTE News Now and Indepedent.ie apps have loads of those annoying ads and would like to block them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

toby2111 wrote: »
    Would like to know this also. RTE News Now and Indepedent.ie apps have loads of those annoying ads and would like to block them.

Just use your browser. I recommend Dolphin HD browser as it's like a fully fledged browser, has add-ons including adblock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

I installed adblock plus on my z3 phone but still getting those annoying pop up ads on independent. ie app. Might try that dolphin Hd browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

toby2111 wrote: »
    I installed adblock plus on my z3 phone but still getting those annoying pop up ads on independent. ie app. Might try that dolphin Hd browser.

I find most adblockers work rather poorly with many Irish sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Folks, is their a way to make google play ask for a password for every app, not just the payable ones?;

My kids have my heart broke with stupid princess games, unicorns, nail salons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Folks, is their a way to make google play ask for a password for every app, not just the payable ones?;

My kids have my heart broke with stupid princess games, unicorns, nail salons etc.

In play store settings go to parental controls. Option there for every purchase

GBX wrote: »
    In play store settings go to parental controls. Option there for every purchase

Yeah, that's my current setting. Unfortunately it only covers apps that aren't free.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah, that's my current setting. Unfortunately it only covers apps that aren't free.

Maybe just hide the play store app!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Maybe just hide the play store app!

You'd think what I'm asking for would be a standard feature to be fair.

Yeah, gonna have to resort to that, still an unbelievably standard feature you'd expect to be there is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ExcaliburRisen

I'm using Firefox with the Adblock Plus addon and it's blocking ads on any website I've used including rte.ie and independent.ie

I'm using Firefox with the Adblock Plus addon and it's blocking ads on any website I've used including rte.ie and independent.ie

There not many ads on browser version. It's the apps we're talking about.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ExcaliburRisen

There not many ads on browser version. It's the apps we're talking about.

Ah, I see. I don't use those apps as I find the mobile websites ok (plus no ads = bonus) :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

have you tried CM Security it has an app locker you can lock play store and all other apps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Free fanstasy football app is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Pheonix10 wrote: »

Linky McLink?

Pheonix10 wrote: »

You don't need an app, their new mobile website is great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

You don't need an app, their new mobile website is great
    I had to use the mobile this weekend and it was painful. It is awfully cumbersome. Especially when making transfers. Great wouldn't be how I describe it but it would end with a t.

dakid wrote: »
    I had to use the mobile this weekend and it was painful. It is awfully cumbersome. Especially when making transfers. Great wouldn't be how I describe it but it would end with a t.

It may be cumbersome for transfers compared to the desktop site but show me an app that handles it any better.

Just an update on this.

app locker sorted me out, it's simply asking for a password for chosen apps.

Slick app, I like it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.domobile.applock

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Picked up so many tips from this thread over the last while, but i've one quick question!

I've quiet time set on my oneplus one for during the night when i'm asleep, but damn Whatsapp messages wake me up the odd time! Any recommendations on how to set silent notifications between certain times? I think I tried Tasker on my old rooted S3, but with no luck. Tried IFTTT and a few other apps with no success either. I'm not sure it's easily possible?

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Picked up so many tips from this thread over the last while, but i've one quick question!

I've quiet time set on my oneplus one for during the night when i'm asleep, but damn Whatsapp messages wake me up the odd time! Any recommendations on how to set silent notifications between certain times? I think I tried Tasker on my old rooted S3, but with no luck. Tried IFTTT and a few other apps with no success either. I'm not sure it's easily possible?

Just put your phone on silent when you're asleep?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

yeah! you try doing that without waking up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Turn off flipping Data when you're asleep.

yeah! you try doing that without waking up!

Huh?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Put a phone on silent on lollipop? If only it was that easy!

Download power toggles, should sort you out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement