Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Download power toggles, should sort you out.

That, or just hit the frickin button on the side.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Picked up so many tips from this thread over the last while, but i've one quick question!

I've quiet time set on my oneplus one for during the night when i'm asleep, but damn Whatsapp messages wake me up the odd time! Any recommendations on how to set silent notifications between certain times? I think I tried Tasker on my old rooted S3, but with no luck. Tried IFTTT and a few other apps with no success either. I'm not sure it's easily possible?

You should be able to set this in sound and notification. Set the phone to priority mode but also set Whatsapp as not a priority
    http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/use-androids-priority-mode-so-notifications-dont-wake-y-1681095117

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is your phone on KitKat?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Picked up so many tips from this thread over the last while, but i've one quick question!

I've quiet time set on my oneplus one for during the night when i'm asleep, but damn Whatsapp messages wake me up the odd time! Any recommendations on how to set silent notifications between certain times? I think I tried Tasker on my old rooted S3, but with no luck. Tried IFTTT and a few other apps with no success either. I'm not sure it's easily possible?

Look for AutomateIT app.

It already comes with a preset rule 'Quiet at night'

No need to actually alter the core settings in it unless the LED of whatsapp is also causing you problems. You'll probably only need to adjust the time.

Btw, I highly recommend actually getting the pro version if you find the rule limits annoying and the app useful. It's well worth the price! Only downside for some users is battery life.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=AutomateIt.mainPackage&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Just put your phone on silent when you're asleep?

That's manual work, I don't believe in manual work :P Plus I don't want it on silent. I configured certain contacts etc that I want notifications from.
    Turn off flipping Data when you're asleep.

On wifi, plus i've set the phone up to runs some programs, prepare stuff for me for the morning, while I sleep.
    You should be able to set this in sound and notification. Set the phone to priority mode but also set Whatsapp as not a priority
    http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/use-androids-priority-mode-so-notifications-dont-wake-y-1681095117

Cheers, I played around with this, but I hated Lollipop, reverted back to Cyanogen 11, plus Lollipop is an absolute disaster on Oneplus Ones!! :o
    Turtwig wrote: »
    Look for AutomateIT app.

It already comes with a preset rule 'Quiet at night'

No need to actually alter the core settings in it unless the LED of whatsapp is also causing you problems. You'll probably only need to adjust the time.

Btw, I highly recommend actually getting the pro version if you find the rule limits annoying and the app useful. It's well worth the price! Only downside for some users is battery life.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=AutomateIt.mainPackage&hl=en

Thanks, think I gave AutomateIt a go, only the free version though (think it was on my S3 as well). I'll try the Pro version and see how it goes. LED doesn't bother me and i've managed to eke 60 hrs from my battery, so I think i'd be able to take a battery hit.

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Best thread on boards! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Have you enabled the 'Do not disturb' mode, under [Sound and notifications]? Works well for me. Have set everything to 'do not disturb' with exceptions for calls and alarms. It's scheduled to turn on at 11:30pm, and off at 7:30am. Is that the same as 'quiet time' on your oneplus?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Oh God don't pay for anything until you're sure it does what you need. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Cheers, I played around with this, but I hated Lollipop, reverted back to Cyanogen 11, plus Lollipop is an absolute disaster on Oneplus Ones!! :o

Not if you install Exodus with the Xposed kernel, You get serious battery life with Xposed modules and great Lollipop ROM without issues

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Have you enabled the 'Do not disturb' mode, under [Sound and notifications]? Works well for me. Have set everything to 'do not disturb' with exceptions for calls and alarms. It's scheduled to turn on at 11:30pm, and off at 7:30am. Is that the same as 'quiet time' on your oneplus?

Yeah they're pretty much the same thing, whatsapp (and FB messenger I think, although i've never used it) are two apps that just don't behave though!
    Turtwig wrote: »
    Oh God don't pay for anything until you're sure it does what you need. :o

It's only a few euro! My sleep is worth it! :pac:

I think i've found an Xposed module that solves it though, no idea how I didn't get it before. I'll install this and see how it goes. Here's the link (I know the rules re posting dodgy .apk files etc, I presume this is ok though? Nothing illegal here!)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-whatsapp-quiet-hours-t2724346

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

While you're on the tune in radio topic guys, if anyone uses tune in to purely listen to Irish Radio stations then I'd recommend getting the Irish Radio Player App it is one of the best designed and user friendly apps that I've used.
    Also it supports wearables and the battery consumption compared to tunein is minimal.

but how do you switch it off/exit ??

its constantly playing in the background even when i go back to home page

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

spider_pig wrote: »

That link doesn't appear to be working?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

seligehgit wrote: »
    That link doesn't appear to be working?

Prob taken down. Anything ad block related eventually does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Anyone know how to integrate a voip app into dialler? It doesn't have an option to sync with the contacts list. Viber shows up ok but I want to be able to select it for some contacts. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

What good casual games are people playing?

Need something to pass the time. Just uninstalled Fallout Shelter in a fit of rage because 5 dwellers died in a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Need something to pass the time. Just uninstalled Fallout Shelter in a fit of rage because 5 dwellers died in a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,175 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

nedd wrote: »

it was mentioned here before, but Puzzle retreat is very good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I thought that was an Android feature, rather than a phone ?

Anyway, in my case (note 3) enter call mode on phone /settings/call/call rejection.

The option to automatically reject unknown numbers is the first one you I'm presented with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I use Avast, there is an option there to block all private numbers, any number you want really, sends them all to voicemail, works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Not native to the Z3 you need an app, or you can save a number then edit to divert to voice-mail. Not ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Any good app for finding wakelocks if you're not rooted?

Any good app for finding wakelocks if you're not rooted?

greenify

yes

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement