Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2015 Intake - Who got THE call?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AA1234

Got THE CALL today. Hotel GV awaits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

AA1234 wrote: »

Congratulations :) don't celebrate too hard ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Awesome!! Good to hear calls coming again! What rough AC score did you have?

Catdog33 wrote: »
    Awesome!! Good to hear calls coming again! What rough AC score did you have?

73-75 category. Can't wait to get cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Congrats :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Haha!!!!! Well done!!!! Love it when I'm right :D

Rumour has it calls were made yesterday too so possibly it for this batch.

Looks like the wait continues...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

AA1234 wrote: »

Well done! Welcome to the 'Soon to be entering hotel GV club' haha!

Maybe start a new thread for yourself and all your intakes mates to share the good news on the forums!

Awk midget :( thought you would be a cert. stay positive it could still come in the next few days if your vetting clears :)

They used to be Mon-Wed or Wed-Fri. Still tomorrow my lovely. Settle xx

• Advertisement

Keep the head up mate, still tomorrow.

Remember the last batch went out and I never got a call until the following Thursday, that was a LONG ass day Friday afternoon, was for throwing the rope up on Friday and come Monday had resigned myself to this intake.

Fingers crossed for you, I think you WILL get the call this batch!

Cheers you lot! Your a top bunch ;-)

And KevBo, I mind that Friday well!! Lol. I'm nowhere near as stressed - not even close thankfully - but just still how should I put it....

...unsettled lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tino77

Well done AA. Passed medical this week so in theory good to go, likely the smt may mean I just miss out this round, have a score in 80s so fingers crossed it turns round in time!

Always nice sharing good news but genuine thanks to folk for letting us know when the calls go out, would be utterly torturous otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

tino77 wrote: »
    Well done AA. Passed medical this week so in theory good to go, likely the smt may mean I just miss out this round, have a score in 80s so fingers crossed it turns round in time!

Always nice sharing good news but genuine thanks to folk for letting us know when the calls go out, would be utterly torturous otherwise!

Congrats again AA, appreciate the updates people. I'm second batch, medical last week and will also spend tomorrow feeling a bit unsettled! Fingers crossed there's more calls for boardies (however as mop says you should start a new thread, waiting people have hijacked this one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jackrabbit09

Well done AA. Great news!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

Congrats!! Brilliant news. Do you mind me asking if they give you an estimated start date on the call?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Ruffle

Congrats!! Brilliant news. Do you mind me asking if they give you an estimated start date on the call?

Ruffle wrote: »

They'll give you the induction weekend, usually 2 weeks away and the actual start dat, 5 weeks approx from the call.

Ruffle wrote: »

Yes they did. Approx 6 weeks from today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaylu

Congratulations to all those who got the call!

Can any that did advise if they also email you / send a letter? I ask as I'm off out of the country for a couple of weeks and won't be able to take calls.

Many thanks

• Advertisement

jaylu wrote: »
    Congratulations to all those who got the call!

Can any that did advise if they also email you / send a letter? I ask as I'm off out of the country for a couple of weeks and won't be able to take calls.

Many thanks

You get an induction pack and must also attend an induction weekend 1-2 weeks after the call, it is a MUST and if you do not attend you can't enter the student officer training program. You can always defer your place until the next batch of calls... Given that there will be a next batch!

So if I miss the call then when I get home there'll be an induction pack? Surely they don't send this out without speaking with you

I was under the impression they'd leave a voicemail

I really hope so, would hate to miss out over a missed call!? that would be gutting

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm also hoping that's the case as my signal is poor at work

.S. wrote: »
    Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm also hoping that's the case as my signal is poor at work

Yes I'm pretty certain others have said they leave a voicemail if you miss them so you can call them back

So if I miss the call then when I get home there'll be an induction pack? Surely they don't send this out without speaking with you

If you miss the call they usually leave a voice mail, sorry should of said that. It is not unheard of for them to send out the induction pack anyway.

You mentioned your out of the country for a few weeks? If they called today you'd need an induction next weekend or the one after, are you able?

You have a reply slip to send back confirming your taking up the position within a certain amount of time BEFORE the induction weekend.

Yea well I'm really anticipating the call in the next batch at the very soonest, which is when I'm away, but I will be back shortly after (the predicted) date. That's IF the call even comes.

Yea well I'm really anticipating the call in the next batch at the very soonest, which is when I'm away, but I will be back shortly after (the predicted) date. That's IF the call even comes.

Am I right in thinking you are around the 72 mark? Depends how many are above you still waiting on calls that have vetting cleared. You may get this time or you may not!

• Advertisement

Haha yeah its hard to plan around the dates you think a call might or might not be coming. Best to do what you are and just get on with your life.

If a call comes say Thursday and your back in the country Monday you can always ring them up and say you will accept a place, they will send the induction pack out or you could drive up and collect it. I know a few people have done that. Don't stress just yet.... waiting game!

Advertisement