Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

August 2015 Intake - Who got THE call?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jaylu

Oops, not shouting at everyone, caps lock is on for work lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 .Q

.S. wrote: »
    I was under the impression they'd leave a voicemail

I thought they left a voicemail too. It wouldn't be realistic to imagine everyone can take a call at that exact moment. Plus lots of people don't answer withheld numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Guys I can confirm in no uncertain terms they will leave a voicemail asking you to call back but I don't think theybwould send the pack unless you can conform you're attending- what mobile network are you on though? My network let's me use all my UK allowances for a small daily fee! You should check!

Unfortunately I won't be able to have my mobile on me! Just the nature of this trip.

Hmm would you be able to check it in the evenings? Is there an alternate number they could use? Maybe you could phone recruitment and make them aware of the circumstances before you go? Or you could see if anyone receives a call on here and call recruitment on the day?

• Advertisement

I know it's not ideal! I'll give them a ring and see what they say.

Football shirts are obviously a no go but would we be okay wearing tops with band logos etc on them in the evenings?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

Football shirts are obviously a no go but would we be okay wearing tops with band logos etc on them in the evenings?

I'm sure your 1D tshirt will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I would say common sense here, depends on the band really. I heard the 'Wolfe Tones' were playing in Belfast at the weekend haha.... not sure how a top with their logo would go down too well.

Haha PCD!! Carrying about all my notes in a 1D schoolbag ;)
    I'll be the one wearing Justin bieber perfume ;)

Do you think they'll let me put my harry styles poster up in my room???

(Not QUITE what I had in mind :P)

• Advertisement

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    I would say common sense here, depends on the band really. I heard the 'Wolfe Tones' were playing in Belfast at the weekend haha.... not sure how a top with their logo would go down too well.

I think common sense is probably what I'll go with- to be honest I should probably get some new clothes anyway- need to stop dressing like beavis and butthead

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Potential Constable Dibble

I think common sense is probably what I'll go with- to be honest I should probably get some new clothes anyway- need to stop dressing like beavis and butthead

Haha that's probably for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FV4034_Seraph

Anyone got any clues as to what happens on the first day?

Anyone got any clues as to what happens on the first day?

Have you ever seen full metal jacket? :P

In all seriousness I have no idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I've heard things. Not sure how true it is but its in all seriousness, intense for want of a better word. Obviously you'll have introductions, tours if you hadn't had one, dorm allocation, uniform allocation apparently they teach you to iron shirts and bull boots properly, if you read the thread about starting GV there's a fair bit in that I think. I've also heard a nasty rumour that you right do your PCA or the 3mile run on the Monday, I know they used to do that but that was back in 2005 lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I'd a while hassle getting bloody kiwi polish today haha! Could have gotten a truck load of that cherry blossom stuff.

Anyone any suggestions where to get a selvyt cloth?

Sent you a pm!

Selvyt cloth I got on eBay and the kiwi polish can be bought at the tesco near GV- or any tesco I guess!

Advertisement