Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

August 2015 Intake - Who got THE call?

124

Comments



  • Got THE CALL today. Hotel GV awaits!!




  • AA1234 wrote: »
    Got THE CALL today. Hotel GV awaits!!

    Congratulations :) don't celebrate too hard ;)




  • Awesome!! Good to hear calls coming again! What rough AC score did you have?




  • Catdog33 wrote: »
    Awesome!! Good to hear calls coming again! What rough AC score did you have?

    73-75 category. Can't wait to get cracking.




  • Congrats :-)


  • Advertisement


  • Haha!!!!! Well done!!!! Love it when I'm right :D




  • Rumour has it calls were made yesterday too so possibly it for this batch.

    Looks like the wait continues...




  • AA1234 wrote: »
    Got THE CALL today. Hotel GV awaits!!

    Well done! Welcome to the 'Soon to be entering hotel GV club' haha!

    Maybe start a new thread for yourself and all your intakes mates to share the good news on the forums!




  • Rumour has it calls were made yesterday too so possibly it for this batch.

    Looks like the wait continues...

    Awk midget :( thought you would be a cert. stay positive it could still come in the next few days if your vetting clears :)




  • Rumour has it calls were made yesterday too so possibly it for this batch.

    Looks like the wait continues...

    They used to be Mon-Wed or Wed-Fri. Still tomorrow my lovely. Settle xx


  • Advertisement


  • Rumour has it calls were made yesterday too so possibly it for this batch.

    Looks like the wait continues...

    Keep the head up mate, still tomorrow.

    Remember the last batch went out and I never got a call until the following Thursday, that was a LONG ass day Friday afternoon, was for throwing the rope up on Friday and come Monday had resigned myself to this intake.

    Fingers crossed for you, I think you WILL get the call this batch!




  • Cheers you lot! Your a top bunch ;-)

    And KevBo, I mind that Friday well!! Lol. I'm nowhere near as stressed - not even close thankfully - but just still how should I put it....

    ...unsettled lol




  • Well done AA. Passed medical this week so in theory good to go, likely the smt may mean I just miss out this round, have a score in 80s so fingers crossed it turns round in time!

    Always nice sharing good news but genuine thanks to folk for letting us know when the calls go out, would be utterly torturous otherwise!




  • tino77 wrote: »
    Well done AA. Passed medical this week so in theory good to go, likely the smt may mean I just miss out this round, have a score in 80s so fingers crossed it turns round in time!

    Always nice sharing good news but genuine thanks to folk for letting us know when the calls go out, would be utterly torturous otherwise!

    Congrats again AA, appreciate the updates people. I'm second batch, medical last week and will also spend tomorrow feeling a bit unsettled! Fingers crossed there's more calls for boardies (however as mop says you should start a new thread, waiting people have hijacked this one lol




  • Well done AA. Great news!




  • Congrats!! Brilliant news. Do you mind me asking if they give you an estimated start date on the call?




  • Congrats!! Brilliant news. Do you mind me asking if they give you an estimated start date on the call?




  • Ruffle wrote: »
    Congrats!! Brilliant news. Do you mind me asking if they give you an estimated start date on the call?

    They'll give you the induction weekend, usually 2 weeks away and the actual start dat, 5 weeks approx from the call.




  • Ruffle wrote: »
    Congrats!! Brilliant news. Do you mind me asking if they give you an estimated start date on the call?

    Yes they did. Approx 6 weeks from today.




  • Congratulations to all those who got the call!

    Can any that did advise if they also email you / send a letter? I ask as I'm off out of the country for a couple of weeks and won't be able to take calls.

    Many thanks


  • Advertisement


  • jaylu wrote: »
    Congratulations to all those who got the call!

    Can any that did advise if they also email you / send a letter? I ask as I'm off out of the country for a couple of weeks and won't be able to take calls.

    Many thanks

    You get an induction pack and must also attend an induction weekend 1-2 weeks after the call, it is a MUST and if you do not attend you can't enter the student officer training program. You can always defer your place until the next batch of calls... Given that there will be a next batch!




  • So if I miss the call then when I get home there'll be an induction pack? Surely they don't send this out without speaking with you




  • I was under the impression they'd leave a voicemail




  • I really hope so, would hate to miss out over a missed call!? that would be gutting




  • Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm also hoping that's the case as my signal is poor at work




  • .S. wrote: »
    Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm also hoping that's the case as my signal is poor at work

    Yes I'm pretty certain others have said they leave a voicemail if you miss them so you can call them back




  • jaylu wrote: »
    So if I miss the call then when I get home there'll be an induction pack? Surely they don't send this out without speaking with you

    If you miss the call they usually leave a voice mail, sorry should of said that. It is not unheard of for them to send out the induction pack anyway.

    You mentioned your out of the country for a few weeks? If they called today you'd need an induction next weekend or the one after, are you able?

    You have a reply slip to send back confirming your taking up the position within a certain amount of time BEFORE the induction weekend.




  • Yea well I'm really anticipating the call in the next batch at the very soonest, which is when I'm away, but I will be back shortly after (the predicted) date. That's IF the call even comes.




  • jaylu wrote: »
    Yea well I'm really anticipating the call in the next batch at the very soonest, which is when I'm away, but I will be back shortly after (the predicted) date. That's IF the call even comes.

    Am I right in thinking you are around the 72 mark? Depends how many are above you still waiting on calls that have vetting cleared. You may get this time or you may not!


  • Advertisement


  • Haha yeah its hard to plan around the dates you think a call might or might not be coming. Best to do what you are and just get on with your life.

    If a call comes say Thursday and your back in the country Monday you can always ring them up and say you will accept a place, they will send the induction pack out or you could drive up and collect it. I know a few people have done that. Don't stress just yet.... waiting game!


Advertisement