Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

August 2015 Intake - Who got THE call?

• 03-07-2015 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Got the call today! They are happening!

Mod Edit: Congratulations to everyone who got the call, and fingers crossed for those still waiting. I'll change the name of this thread when appropriate. Until then, let us know that you got THE call! Thanks. Shield.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Well done brilliant! What time? On the edge of my seat here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

congrats, good to see movement!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Red_bull wrote: »
    Got the call today! They are happening!

Brilliant dude...congrats!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Congratulations!!!!! Just a week ahead of when I thought. Hope there's many more of you guys and girls put out of your misery today and if the call doesn't come this time, don't panic, it WILL happen xx

• Registered Users Posts: 49 geezoh

Yeah in tooo absolutely buzzing didnt think this would happen for me

• Advertisement

Congrats red bull...kev it will come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Here well done folks, more will come, some may even come on Monday, if everyone has passed everything that they know of, you'll get a call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Copper_kettle

Got the call about 2 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 spark296

Also got the call at about half 11....buzzing!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,643 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

FYI: All posts from The Wait thread from people who received THE call today have been merged into this new thread.

Keep the good news flowing in people!

-Shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 LovelyHorse

I'm in! Would have posted earlier but i've been celebrating all day and it took me a while to get online! Congrats to everyone else on Squad 1!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LovelyHorse

Mop a top wrote: »
    Congratulations!!!!! Just a week ahead of when I thought. Hope there's many more of you guys and girls put out of your misery today and if the call doesn't come this time, don't panic, it WILL happen xx

Dear Mop, thank you for all your encouragement. I rarely post on this forum, but i visit it frequently and have always been impressed by your tenacity and ability to encourage others, even when discouraged yourself.

I felt gutted for you when you missed out this time. When you picked yourself up and got back on the boards, encouraging others and cheering the rest of us on, i was amazed. Your mother hen-liness has always shone through, along with your grit and determination; i'm sure others feel the same way!

I really hope that a new campaign opens soon and that you find yourself in a position to apply again. I'm sure that thought is far away right now, but i hope that when the time comes you feel ready to go for it again.

I would love to have someone like you as a colleague some day and hope we someday meet on the other side of GV. In the meantime, best wishes and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Midgetgem84

Just would like to say massive congratulations to all those that got the call yesterday. Over the moon for you all. Geezoh, redbull, lovelyhorse, copperkettle, spark...I applaud youse!! Best of luck in GV!

Have to say I'm rather jealous tho lol

Anyone left in the same boat as me...waiting for the call n checking their phone religiously but nothing came?

I'm in the same boat waiting and checking and it never came. Hoping to make the next squad, or a tiny chance of a call Monday but I'd doubt it.

Good luck everyone who got the call I'm sure your all over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Knightwing1

congrats to everyone

Dear Mop, thank you for all your encouragement. I rarely post on this forum, but i visit it frequently and have always been impressed by your tenacity and ability to encourage others, even when discouraged yourself.

I felt gutted for you when you missed out this time. When you picked yourself up and got back on the boards, encouraging others and cheering the rest of us on, i was amazed. Your mother hen-liness has always shone through, along with your grit and determination; i'm sure others feel the same way!

I really hope that a new campaign opens soon and that you find yourself in a position to apply again. I'm sure that thought is far away right now, but i hope that when the time comes you feel ready to go for it again.

I would love to have someone like you as a colleague some day and hope we someday meet on the other side of GV. In the meantime, best wishes and thank you.

Lol you nearly made me cry!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write that, that was very sweet and hugely appreciated. Don't panic I'm getting in.......eventually lol. I'll be applying next time round just so I can torture everyone on here a little longer :D

Good luck my lovely and stay safe x

Im sure there will be more calls on Monday. ..gem and kev..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Red_bull

All quiet today. I'm curious how big the intake was as of the small amount in batch one it was looking like those who made medicals would all be in one intake.

Received induction pack..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Red_bull

Anything need done urgently? I'm in Germany at the moment and not back until Friday.

• Advertisement

Well you have to send away your letter of acceptance..asap...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Red_bull wrote: »
    All quiet today. I'm curious how big the intake was as of the small amount in batch one it was looking like those who made medicals would all be in one intake.

As far as i know the squad sizes for the new intake are 54 per squad

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

54 is bigger than last time isn't it? No more calls since last week then? There doesn't seem to be too any boardies receiving calls!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

Also got call on Friday guys been up to my eyes sorting things at work- look forward to working with you all!

Also got call on Friday guys been up to my eyes sorting things at work- look forward to working with you all!

You've no idea how pleased I am to see your name up here. Well done my lovely xx

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jalapeno peppers

:D thanks mop i cant wait to see your name in one of these when the time comes!

Congratulations!! ^.-

Well done to all those who got the calls, who may or may not be lurking on these forums!

I'll be hanging around here another 4 weeks waiting on a call anyway haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭The keyboard warrior

Big congrats jalapeno!! Chuffed for you

Same to the rest who got the call. Hope training goes well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Congratulations!! ^.-

Well done to all those who got the calls, who may or may not be lurking on these forums!

I'll be hanging around here another 4 weeks waiting on a call anyway haha!

Kev what was your AC score? I would have thought you were a cert for a call!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

i doubt this is a squad of 54 if there are people on here in the first batch without a call. There were still a right few failing the PCA from the sounds of it

Advertisement