Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank League 2015-2016 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I would imagine clubs would be starting pre-season this week, anyone know of any player movement? will be interesting to see if the points system causes less movement of players this season as opposed to previous years.
    Plenty have started already.. A few sides have been back in one form or another for a fortnight
    Hard to find places that are showing player moves at this time of year unless clubs themselves put player moves up on websites etc

Limerick Charity Cup Draw has been made

Connacht Senior League fixtures made
    15/8
    Sligo v Galwegians
    Buccs v Corinthians home/away ??
    22/8
    Buccaneers v Galwegians
    Sligo v Corinthians home/away ??
    29/8
    Galwegians v Corinthians
    Sligo v Buccs home/away ???

All Leinster Senior League Cup/Shield fixtures available now
    Cup
    A: Old Wesley, UCD, Clontarf, Skerries
    B: Old Belvedere, Barnhall, Lansdowne, Blackrock
    C: Terenure, Naas, St Marys, Trinity
    Shield
    A: Boyne, Navan, Bective, Greystones
    B: Seapoint, Wanderers, Dundalk, Tullamore

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Malmedicine

Hi guys anyone have the fixture weekends for next year. Don't need the specific fixtures just the weekends the AIL is in play. Time to negociate with work colleagues unfortunately !!!

Hi guys anyone have the fixture weekends for next year. Don't need the specific fixtures just the weekends the AIL is in play. Time to negociate with work colleagues unfortunately !!!
    These are the dates for first half of the season AFAIK
    September 12th/19th/26th
    October 3rd/17th/31st
    November 7th/28th
    December 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭madlad88

These are the dates for first half of the season AFAIK
    September 12th/19th/26th
    October 3rd/17th/31st
    November 7th/28th
    December 5th

Thats 7 weeks of consecutive matches if this is true, between Leinster cup/shield and the AIL without a weekend off.

• Advertisement

madlad88 wrote: »
    Thats 7 weeks of consecutive matches if this is true, between Leinster cup/shield and the AIL without a weekend off.
    Well its the same as last season for division 1A/B clubs. The division 2 clubs don't have a break of a week unlike last season

Ulster Senior League now has been split into two sections

Section 1 consisting of the following teams:
    Malone, Ballymena, City Of Derry, Armagh, Ballynahinch

Section 2 consists of:
    Rainey OB, Dungannon, Banbridge, Queens, Belfast Harlequins

First Trust Senior Cup Draw :
    Rainey v Queens, City Of Derry v Armagh, Ballymena v Banbridge, Belfast Harlequins v Dungannon
    Ballynahinch v Bye
    Malone v Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭garryowenman

There was an ad in yesterday's examiner and the limerick leader for a Limerick Ail club looking for a new coach !

I wonder who it could be?

I know Garryowen, Snn and Bohs and Richmond have their coaches in places

That leaves Old Crescent,Thomond , Bruff and Young Munsters.

I know Young Munsters appointed an Aussie but he hasn't arrived yet!

Interesting to see who it could be !

There was an ad in yesterday's examiner and the limerick leader for a Limerick Ail club looking for a new coach!

I wonder who it could be?

I know Garryowen, Snn and Bohs and Richmond have their coaches in places

That leaves Old Crescent, Thomond, Bruff and Young Munsters.

I know Young Munsters appointed an Aussie but he hasn't arrived yet!

Interesting to see who it could be!
    Will be interesting to see
    Richmond aren't AIL anymore.....
    Doubt its Munsters considering the aussie....
    Who do you think it is who're looking for the coach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭turtleshead

Will be interesting to see
    Richmond aren't AIL anymore.....
    Doubt its Munsters considering the aussie....
    Who do you think it is who're looking for the coach
    I saw on Limerick rugby that there was talks of Brendan Guilfoyle Moving to old crescent was he coaching Thomond last year

http://limerickrugby.ie/limerick-ail-club-players-on-the-move/

Tony Mathison is due in Limerick soon, his team were involved in the playoffs in Brisbane but beaten last weekend so expecting him to arrive next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 tonyyayo

Does anyone know when the fixtures are released?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

tonyyayo wrote: »

Not sure why the hold up once pro 12 & B&I fixtures are released then they should be out straight away so hopefully this week

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

GavMan wrote: »
    Charlie Butterworth is at Ulster from Lansdowne

Did he not move to Championship side Jersey in England?

Yeah he has moved there from Ulster

tonyyayo wrote: »
    Within next two weeks.

Interesting to see Cork Charity Cup has been drawn and will be played over one day and teams will play a minimum of 3 short games.

Brian McLaughlin is joining Armagh and their new coaches Willie Faloon and Alex McCloy as a coaching consultant.

Any news on pre season friendlies/transfer news?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LuimneachLad15

I believe Garryowen have done a good bit of signing this summer with a few young dublin players coming down who got Munster Academy. There number 8 last season from New Zealand is also returning, supposed to be a class act.

Young Munsters lost one of there upcoming Under 20s hooker to shannon which will be a big loss to them, very good player who played with Munster underage.

UL Bohs have signed a few players i believe to their under 20 squad which could benefit the seniors. Many coming from Rockwell senior cup winning squad this year.

I believe Garryowen have done a good bit of signing this summer with a few young dublin players coming down who got Munster Academy. There number 8 last season from New Zealand is also returning, supposed to be a class act.

Young Munsters lost one of there upcoming Under 20s hooker to shannon which will be a big loss to them, very good player who played with Munster underage.

UL Bohs have signed a few players i believe to their under 20 squad which could benefit the seniors. Many coming from Rockwell senior cup winning squad this year.
    So Conor Oliver has signed w/ Garryowen. He's only Dub in Academy

Bohs always have loads joining their 20s..... and it wont benefit their seniors that much if i'm being honest.
    Any news other than under 20s who most likely wont be involved in AIL week in week out...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 LuimneachLad15

Jordan Coughlan also coming to garryowen i believe. Garryowen also have a hooker joining there side from Shannon and one from Old Crescent to try replace Eddie Rossiter, Any idea what club he joined?

So Conor Oliver has signed w/ Garryowen. He's only Dub in Academy

Bohs always have loads joining their 20s..... and it wont benefit their seniors that much if i'm being honest.
    Any news other than under 20s who most likely wont be involved in AIL week in week out...
    I think JP Phelan is going to Munster academy as well any news on where he is going to play, a good prospect would have him ahead of Heffernan in Leinster

• Advertisement

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    I think JP Phelan is going to Munster academy as well any news on where he is going to play, a good prospect would have him ahead of Heffernan in Leinster
    Ah yeah Phelan. Isnt a Dub but....

Armchair thoughts on how Cork Charity Cup being played over one day w/ short 40 minute games. Will be interesting to see how It goes.

Armchair thoughts on how Cork Charity Cup being played over one day w/ short 40 minute games. Will be interesting to see how It goes.

Personally I think coaches would prefer a few more proper full length games for their preparation in the run up to the league and replicate match conditions, most teams fitness work will have been ongoing for nearly 2 months at the time of play but in saying that it will most likely be a fun day out for the players and a good event. With AIL staring early again this year it is hard to get the right format, senior Leinster clubs will have 3 cup games and 4 league games a run of 7 games in a row to start of the season which is not ideal either a training week before the start of the AIL would be preferred by most

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    Personally I think coaches would prefer a few more proper full length games for their preparation in the run up to the league and replicate match conditions, most teams fitness work will have been ongoing for nearly 2 months at the time of play but in saying that it will most likely be a fun day out for the players and a good event. With AIL staring early again this year it is hard to get the right format, senior Leinster clubs will have 3 cup games and 4 league games a run of 7 games in a row to start of the season which is not ideal either a training week before the start of the AIL would be preferred by most
    I would disagree. Clubs playing in Charity Cup can look at wider variety of players over the day. They will still have plenty of time for pre season friendlies and this maintains the charity cup and will probably see more people attending and therefore it will see the most money raised for charity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Jordan Coughlan also coming to garryowen i believe. Garryowen also have a hooker joining there side from Shannon and one from Old Crescent to try replace Eddie Rossiter, Any idea what club he joined?

Rossiter has joined Old Belvedere

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Leinster5

Noel McNamara is the new UCD Head Coach which should improve their chances a lot in the AIL. Should know more about transfers in a week or two I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭garryowenman

Is Noel Mc the former coach of Clongowes? He is a quality coach and should climb up the ladder fairly quick !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

It's bad news for fringe platers or young players trying to break into senior squads as the charity cup is always used like a development league. Nice for a young lad to be involved 3 or 4 weeks in a season.

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Noel McNamara is the new UCD Head Coach which should improve their chances a lot in the AIL. Should know more about transfers in a week or two I'd imagine.

Don't know too much about him but wouldn't say that is a given. Bobby Byrne is a very decent coach and Killian Keane who is highly rated has been involved with UCD for the last few years although admittedly not last season.

Has McNamara any experience of coaching at senior level before?

Don't think so most underage with Clongowes & Irish and Leinster Schools which he is continuing to do as well which might cause a bit of upset amongst other clubs similar to what went on with Ruddock when with Irish 20s

• Advertisement

Leinster5 wrote: »

Willie Staunton has signed for Old Belvedere apparently

Advertisement