Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,997 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Does Milner not take away from Henderson? Surely Milner will be the more attacking of the 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CSF wrote: »
    Does Milner not take away from Henderson? Surely Milner will be the more attacking of the 2?

both seemed to get forward equally watching the match earlier (Hendo almost scored too but for a finger-tip save) - Lucas was the shield allowing them both to do that (probably Can when he's back). Hendo having more of a look-in on set pieces sways it for me

manual_man wrote: »
    both seemed to get forward equally watching the match earlier (Hendo almost scored too but for a finger-tip save) - Lucas was the shield allowing them both to do that (probably Can when he's back). Hendo having more of a look-in on set pieces sways it for me

I think I'll wait to see if he actually does first. When everyone's available that might not be the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

Is anyone here not going to bother with Aquero , at 10.5 million and if he stays as the focal point of Uniteds attack I think Rooney could be the bargain of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Oliver Daly ‏@OliverJDaly 9m9 minutes ago
    Before signing a new contract Bellerin was given assurances about his game time, and will start the season as 1st choice right back. #AFC

He'd be my top choice in the Arsenal back line if nailed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I reckon I'll be going without Liverpool attacking coverage for the first few weeks. Their opening fixtures are tricky and it remains to be seen if Benteke will suit Liverpool's style of play.

I'll probably have Sakho in defence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is anyone here not going to bother with Aquero , at 10.5 million and if he stays as the focal point of Uniteds attack I think Rooney could be the bargain of the season

Don't think you can ever shun Aguero. I currently have Costa and Rooney up front because he isn't fit to start first game. Once he's fit though he'll be going in for either striker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

What will west broms back 4 be?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

United's first-half XI (first choice?) v Club America last night:

Johnstone (De Gea injured), Darmian, Shaw, Jones, Blind - Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mata, Young - Depay, Rooney. Mata set up the only goal for Schneiderlin.

United's first-half XI (first choice?) v Club America last night:

Johnstone (De Gea injured), Darmian, Shaw, Jones, Blind - Carrick, Schneiderlin, Mata, Young - Depay, Rooney. Mata set up the only goal for Schneiderlin.
    I just watched the first half there. Darmian was excellent, getting forward quite a lot. If you're investing in Utd defence, he looks like the best option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Depay was played up front.

Lucas Hood wrote:
    Depay was played up front.

Not really. He was playing at 10 just behind Rooney.

Just posted as regards potential changes to the qualifying process for FSA League 2 in the qualifying thread, would like to get as many opinions on it as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    Just posted as regards potential changes to the qualifying process for FSA League 2 in the qualifying thread, would like to get as many opinions on it as possible.

So basically there would be two Q leagues one classic with the top 2 going to League 2 and one H2H league with 1 promotion spot is that correct?

If the top of the H2H league is one of the top two in the Q league does it go to 3rd in the classic or 2nd in the H2H? Or are the two leagues going to be a completely different set of teams? Also if extra places open up due to people dropping out which league gets priority?

I don't see anything wrong with it would have happy to be part of it last year but maybe that was because I came 2nd! It is dam tough to get out of the Q league whoever gets through will have definitely earnt it.

jimmii wrote: »
    So basically there would be two Q leagues one classic with the top 2 going to League 2 and one H2H league with 1 promotion spot is that correct?

If the top of the H2H league is one of the top two in the Q league does it go to 3rd in the classic or 2nd in the H2H? Or are the two leagues going to be a completely different set of teams? Also if extra places open up due to people dropping out which league gets priority?

I don't see anything wrong with it would have happy to be part of it last year but maybe that was because I came 2nd! It is dam tough to get out of the Q league whoever gets through will have definitely earnt it.

The specifics I haven't solidified in my head just yet. For now it's just an idea that I'm putting out there for people to help flesh out. My own preference would be that it would go to 2nd in the H2H (since all the attrition would come from the other one).

Probably best to discuss in the Qualifying thread so we don't derail the usual transfer etc chat

Are people picking their team based on longevity, or just for the first 6/10 fixtures and then possibly playing wildcard? What's the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Theo goal in the Asia trophy

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Theo goal in the Asia trophy

get in my team Theo

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Are people picking their team based on longevity, or just for the first 6/10 fixtures and then possibly playing wildcard? What's the best option?

The core of the team is long term players (Hazard, Kosc etc) and then use players with good fixtures to fill in the gaps especially for defensive rotation. I look to roll transfers over so if the team needs a mini overhaul I can make three changes for -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

sheroman01 wrote: »

I never look past the next 6 at the most

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

km79 wrote: »
    get in my team Theo

in my team for sure starting off, though of course there's the doubt when everyone is available if he'll start or not. tempting captain option for GW1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Invincible

Cazorla makes it 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I never look past the next 6 at the most

I'd agree with this planning 6 weeks ahead is the max I'd do

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Really tempted to go Fab over Hazard as before Xmas Fab was awesome last season. It could be a pre wildcard gamble if using it in GW4

Allows funds to upgrade the 3rd striker from Deeney/Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I think yaya is good value at 8.5m especially if aguero is out for GW1. He underperformed last year but still didn't have that bad an overall score. Get the feeling that he'll be rejuvenated this year after being a bit sulky last year. Not one I'd normally go for either, never owned him last year and was very very late to the party the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Kane is flying well under the radar around here, and that's a dangerous place for him to be. Spurs have a quite good start after Utd game... STO, lei, EVE, sun, CPL.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Kane is flying well under the radar around here, and that's a dangerous place for him to be. Spurs have a quite good start after Utd game... STO, lei, EVE, sun, CPL.

Any thoughts?

I have him in my draft now with GW2 captaincy in mind. And unless Rooney lights the place on fire he would be the one to make way for Aguero in GW4 and I'd keep Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Anyone notice Vlaar has disappeared from Villa on the FPL site!

Hasn't appeared at Southampton yet though!! :)

Any thoughts?

I have him in both games currently.

• Advertisement

Any thoughts?

Really? I've seen him in a lot of people's teams and he's the 4th most selected player in the game. Not in my team at the moment, I see Rooney and Aguero/Costa as being better shouts than him but..I didn't realize how good their opening fixtures are! Either way looks like I need Spurs cover!

Advertisement