Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jimmii wrote: »
    Me neither but hey what can you do! I guess you could on strike and refuse to use all three that would show em!!

Would it? Hmmmm. I'll do it!

Thanks!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Trilla wrote: »
    Would it? Hmmmm. I'll do it!

Thanks!!!!!!!

100% it would. I think you should do it for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,749 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'll have my Terry Wogan boxers on at 11:30 every Saturday too

There'll be no stopping me!

Trilla wrote: »

I'll have my Terry Wogan boxers on at 11:30 every Saturday too

There'll be no stopping me!
    Ah man where did you get those from I would love a pair of them. Saturdays at your place sounds out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Gomez now in the FPL database.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Gomez @ 4.5 is very interesting if he can continue his quest to get in the team.

Bamford at 6.0

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    Gomez @ 4.5 is very interesting if he can continue his quest to get in the team.

Bamford at 6.0

Newcastle cf in at £6.5 which looks.very reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Bamford 6!!! SIX! AH lads I was expecting 5.5 at most. I was hoping he was already at Chelsea and priced at 5.0 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Ramsey or Walcott lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Ramsey or Walcott lads?

Walcott seemed in great form when he was actually fit, so go with him to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Ramsey or Walcott lads?
    It's a tough one but Walcott was the first name on my team.

It's a tough one but Walcott was the first name on my team.

That doesn't sound so tough really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

That doesn't sound so tough really!
    Haha :pac: It doesn't does it. It's just I'm a big admirer of Ramsey and he's been in my team more times than not the last 2 years.

Is there anyone here who's not picking Hazard? I currently have him out of my team for Fabregas. 3 goals, 19 assists, and a third less playing time for 2.5M less, who's settling back into the PL. Could come back to bite me in the ass, but it's money I've used to upgrade my 4.5M mid to Milner, which is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Is there anyone here who's not picking Hazard? I currently have him out of my team for Fabregas. 3 goals, 19 assists, and a third less playing time for 2.5M less, who's settling back into the PL. Could come back to bite me in the ass, but it's money I've used to upgrade my 4.5M mid to Milner, which is crazy.

I'm scared of going without Hazard, for GW1 at least. I expect him to be the most captained player that week and if he explodes you're facing an uphill battle already.

Haha :pac: It doesn't does it. It's just I'm a big admirer of Ramsey and he's been in my team more times than not the last 2 years.

It depends on who you have to captain. There aren't many real captain picks and he is one of those as long as you have three captainable players its fine to go without him imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm going without hazard have Costa instead. I have both Ramsey and Walcott.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Best midfielder up to and including £7.5m lads?

I still think Sigurdsson will be there or thereabouts at the top of that bracket come the end of the season and he's being overlooked IMO with only 9% ownership.

Quite manageable fixtures for the first few months too with - che, NEW, sun, MUN, wat, EVE, sou, SPURS, STO, ars, NOR, bou to play the first 12 gameweeks.

Your thoughts?

I suppose one of the Liverpool duo (Henderson/Milner) will be fancied to top score in that price range but with many going for Benteke as Liverpool attacking coverage and loads of difficult away games to start, would you risk going for two?

Paully D wrote: »
    Best midfielder up to and including £7.5m lads?

I still think Sigurdsson will be there or thereabouts at the top of that bracket come the end of the season and he's being overlooked IMO with only 9% ownership.

Quite manageable fixtures for the first few months too with - che, NEW, sun, MUN, wat, EVE, sou, SPURS, STO, ars, NOR, bou to play the first 12 gameweeks.

Your thoughts?

I suppose one of the Liverpool duo (Henderson/Milner) will be fancied to top score in that price range but with many going for Benteke as Liverpool attacking coverage and loads of difficult away games to start, would you risk going for two?

I'm going with Sigurdsson. Like Ivan, he tends to start well

I'm going to go without Haz initially I think. Its effectively Hazard and Lukaku or Fab and Costa so I'm doing the latter and probably captaining Costa (who scored 35 points v Swansea last season) GW1.

Hopefully Hazard starts slow and drops in price a wee bit in time for the wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Bamford at 6.0

I'm still getting used to your avatar. Everytime I see it the last few days I'm like "Ooh who's this?" Oh it's just him" :P

Bamford could be a cracking option but I'll adopt a wait and see how he gets on approach unless he smashes it in preseason beyond reasonable doubt. The likes of Lambert, Austin, Ings, JRod etc all had a season or more with their current teams to know how things work.

Perhaps more suitable to the watchlist thread but Rolando Aarons got 2 for Newcastle last night. He'll need to prove fitness and starting ability too though. I'm intrigued to see what McClaren does with Newcastle though. Think they could be on our radar this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Lambert likely to move to West Brom

Worth a look at 6.0 ??

I'm still getting used to your avatar. Everytime I see it the last few days I'm like "Ooh who's this?" Oh it's just him" :P

Dangermouse is on Netflix now!! Forced my kids to watch every episode. :D You should do the same**. Undoubtedly some of David Jasons finest work. ;)

** I mean as in watch it yourself, not wait till you have kids, then make them watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jaysus, No matter what way I have my team I'm finding it hard to fit in 3 decent strikers. Looking like a high-mid/high-low trio w/ Deeney or Defoe as the 5.5m one.

Would it be dodgy to go without Liverpool cover at the start of the season?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ritchie is the one being overlooked the most i think. Insane amount of goals and assists last year for a 6.0 mid, even considering it was in the Championship

manual_man wrote: »
    Ritchie is the one being overlooked the most i think. Insane amount of goals and assists last year for a 6.0 mid, even considering it was in the Championship

See Adel Taarabt

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If he had better fixtures most would be all over him.

Their fixtures are probably as good as could be hoped until the beginning of October, IMO - AVL, liv, whu, LEI, nor, SUN, sto, WAT.

4 home games and 1 away game against 5 teams almost certainly going to be in the bottom 6, 2 mid-table/top-half sides away and only 1 top side away.

They actually have one of the best starts for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

stephenl15 wrote: »
    See Adel Taarabt

Is that supposed to be proof the same fate will befall Matt Ritchie?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Lambert likely to move to West Brom

Worth a look at 6.0 ??

If he was guaranteed to start, I'd definitely give him a try. However, I'm not sure if he is nailed on so won't chance him yet.

Paully D wrote: »
    Their fixtures are probably as good as could be hoped until the beginning of October, IMO - AVL, liv, whu, LEI, nor, SUN, sto, WAT.

4 home games and 1 away game against 5 teams almost certainly going to be in the bottom 6, 2 mid-table/top-half sides away and only 1 top side away.

They actually have one of the best starts for me.

Yeah, sorry, I was reading that as Deeney (Wat) rather than Ritchie. I am forever mixing their names up!!

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Is that supposed to be proof the same fate will befall Matt Ritchie?

:D

No :P :pac:

Advertisement