Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Why is he out and for how long? I though he just scored the winning penalty in the Copa America shootout. Did he get injured in the celebrations or what???

“He will be back on August 3 and it usually takes three weeks to be competitive,” the manager said. “He will miss certainly the first game of the season but with Alexis, it takes a little bit les"

Sounds like he doesn't need as much recovery as most but seems likely he will miss at least the opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

"Wayne Hennessey on the brink of £3.5m transfer to West Bromwich Albion"

Pulisball looks to be up and running if this is finally looks to be happening. Myhill and Hennessey for 8.5 is too good to refuse even with those first 3 fixtures.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/14/wayne-hennessey-west-brom-crystal-palace-transfer?CMP=share_btn_tw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Rumours of Myhill going to Reading and Hennessey to WBA; I'd be all over him at 4m until Foster's return if true.

Hennessey on brink of transfer to WBA

Hello 4m starter (at least until October)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

"Wayne Hennessey on the brink of £3.5m transfer to West Bromwich Albion"

Pulisball looks to be up and running if this is finally looks to be happening. Myhill and Hennessey for 8.5 is too good to refuse even with those first 3 fixtures.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/14/wayne-hennessey-west-brom-crystal-palace-transfer?CMP=share_btn_tw

Is it ever a good idea to have two keepers from the same club? I know it guarantees you a starting goalkeeper but you're putting a lot of faith into one clubs defensive ability. Mind you, if there's going to be one club (apart from Chelsea) who will park the bus to get a clean sheet away from home it's going to be Pulis's WBA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is it ever a good idea to have two keepers from the same club? I know it guarantees you a starting goalkeeper but you're putting a lot of faith into one clubs defensive ability. Mind you, if there's going to be one club (apart from Chelsea) who will park the bus to get a clean sheet away from home it's going to be Pulis's WBA.

Plenty if people go with a one keeper strategy, and if so the sub keeper from that club (if they are 4.0m) is a good option. There's even a theory that you should start the reserve as if the No 1 gets sent off you won't lose the points and your keeper gets a chance to save a penalty. If the no. 1 plays 90 you get auto sub.

Very few would rotate a premium keeper from Chelsea, arsenal etc. And a lot round here favour cheap keepers and defs to the point of being willing to go for a single keeper strategy with a 4.5m keeper.

Dunno what to do about keepers yet, west hams home fixtures are so good Adrian is tempting me actually.

• Advertisement

Hennessey on brink of transfer to WBA

Hello 4m starter (at least until October)

Weirdly, tinkering around last night I set my keepers as Myhill and a random 4.0....Hennessy!!

Do yous reckon Hennessy would start ahead of Boaz the Hero!?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

RE: Hennessy.

Pulis paid £3m for him at Palace and never played him. Now he's going to get West Brom to pay £3.5m and never play him once Foster is back in October.

Strange if you ask me, I wonder if there's some link with agents there?

I've always thought he was pretty poor myself, but for £4m in FPL I won't complain. I actually already had Myhill and Hennessy as my 2 GK's. Given Pulis has spent money on him and failed to start him before, it's probably worth being covered with Myhill for the time-being. The extra £0.5m if he was guaranteed a start until Foster is back by going with 2 £4m's could come in very handy though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭Nom De Guerre

Is there any major changes this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Is there any major changes this year?

No same as last year :rolleyes:

Edit: In case I sounded like a dick, yes there are - see chips http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

I'm see that Valencia is down as a defender, he could be good for a few assists. As far as I recall he was playing in the majority of games for Utd last season, do ye think it will be the same this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Boots234 wrote: »
    I'm see that Valencia is down as a defender, he could be good for a few assists. As far as I recall he was playing in the majority of games for Utd last season, do ye think it will be the same this season?

Darmian

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Is there any way to check previous winners of mini leagues you have created? Have no written record of the last couple of one of the leagues I run

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

L.S.F wrote: »
    Is there any way to check previous winners of mini leagues you have created? Have no written record of the last couple of one of the leagues I run
    You can go through and check from peoples history if the leagues are pretty small and you know who did well enough. You can use the wayback machine to see old leagues but its dam hard to find them! I screenshot everything once its all finished up thats the only real way to keep a decent history of mini league goings on unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ighalo scored twice again for Watford tonight in a 4-1 win over German lower league opposition.

5 in 3, albeit against low quality teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

He's at an awkward price point and doesn't have great fixtures. I'll play wait and see with him and Deeney

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

SantryRed wrote: »
    Ighalo scored twice again for Watford tonight in a 4-1 win over German lower league opposition.

5 in 3, albeit against low quality teams.

Will he be a starter for Watford? Useful 3rd striker if you're going 352 or 442 formation?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

Any possible gems in the 4.5-5.5 in the striker selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Deeney looks like the best of the bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I think Deeney would be the best suggestion in that price range.

He has scored 19, 24 and 21 in the Championship over the last 3 seasons (Austin scored 16, 25 and 17 for example) so he has consistently scored goals.

Funnily enough, the strikers making the leap up from the lower leagues that do poorly tend to be the ones who have never really had any consistency from season to season at that level, Ings being an exception. None of that guarantees Deeney will step up of course.

CSF wrote: »
    Deeney looks like the best of the bunch.

I like Wilson myself. Seems to be fast, and that will always trouble defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Paully D wrote: »
    I think Deeney would be the best suggestion in that price range.

He has scored 19, 24 and 21 in the Championship over the last 3 seasons (Austin scored 16, 25 and 17 for example) so he has consistently scored goals.

Funnily enough, the strikers making the leap up from the lower leagues that do poorly tend to be the ones who have never really had any consistency from season to season at that level, Ings being an exception. None of that guarantees Deeney will step up of course.

The other lad up front for Watford scores a lot too. Decent haul last season and scored two in their friendly today I believe. 0.5 cheaper too than Deeny. I'm considering it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Downing going to Middlesbrough
    Valdes not wanted by Van Gaal and will be sold

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Downing going to Middlesbrough
    Valdes not wanted by Van Gaal and will be sold
    Would be great if United pick up a GK who's currently 5.0

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

I just read an article about the best time to use the new chips. It seems fairly obvious that the Triple Captain and Bench Boost should have the greatest impact during a DGW but the All Out Attack is a more difficult one to figure out.

I usually choose a cheap mid (4.5-5) as my 5th midfielder and don't expect many points from, just regular 2/3 pointers. Often a defender will outscore this. I was thinking that maybe the best time to use it is when defender points look scarce. Maybe GW38 which is often quite high scoring and defender points are harder to come by might be the best time if you can hold it that long. Any better suggestions?

EDIT: Or could the rotation around Christmas also offer an opportunity to use this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Liam2012 wrote: »
    I just read an article about the best time to use the new chips. It seems fairly obvious that the Triple Captain and Bench Boost should have the greatest impact during a DGW but the All Out Attack is a more difficult one to figure out.

I usually choose a cheap mid (4.5-5) as my 5th midfielder and don't expect many points from, just regular 2/3 pointers. Often a defender will outscore this. I was thinking that maybe the best time to use it is when defender points look scarce. Maybe GW38 which is often quite high scoring and defender points are harder to come by might be the best time if you can hold it that long. Any better suggestions?

EDIT: Or could the rotation around Christmas also offer an opportunity to use this?

I'm tempted to use it game week one and set my midfield with 5 decent players.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Oranage2 wrote: »

Are you planning to WC straight after or how would you set up your defence in week 1? It just seems to be that you could have a lot of money tied up on your bench if you invest heavily to get 5 good mids and 3 good fwds.

Just an idea, but I haven't looked at it really, was gonna transfer one of the mids to a 4.5 next game week. If they all do well I'll probably play 352 next game. My overall plan is to have enough money in the bank to bring in Sanchez and aguero in around game week 3 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Oranage2 wrote: »

That's not a bad idea. I reckon I will be using it then or if not before gw 4 when I'll wildcard and revert to a 4.5 cheap mid.

That's not a bad idea. I reckon I will be using it then or if not before gw 4 when I'll wildcard and revert to a 4.5 cheap mid.

If the season started tomorrow I'd probably do it now. But still a lot of transfers and 3 weeks to go and I'll most likely stick to a solid plan. Though unless you have a defensive crisis there's very little value in the all out attack since a cheap defender has more points potential over a cheap mid.

• Advertisement

Its interesting all right, I was looking at a possible team last night with a strong 5 midfield and Callum Wilson as the third striker.

You'd have a couple of weeks to look at downgrading the 5th mid and upgrading up front for Aguero, or wildcarding.

Advertisement