Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,476 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Ranch

Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson Reunite for Netflix Comedy The Ranch
    Netflix is giving That ’70s Show fans the Kelso-Hyde reunion of their dreams.
    Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson are set to co-star in The Ranch, a multi-cam comedy about a semi-professional football star (Kutcher) who returns home to help his brother (Masterson) run their family’s Colorado ranch, our sister site Deadline reports.

The Ranch, which has reportedly been given a straight-to-series order, hails from Two and a Half Men showrunners Don Reo and Jim Patterson.
    Unlike previous Netflix comedies, however, The Ranch‘s 20-episode season is reportedly being released in two separate installments of 10 episodes.

The series is expected to debut sometime in 2016.

http://tvline.com/2015/06/17/ashton-kutcher-danny-masterson-that-70s-show-reunion-netflix-ranch/

Tennison

‘Prime Suspect’ Sequel ‘Tennison’ Greenlit by ITV.
    LONDON — U.K. broadcaster ITV has greenlit a prequel to multi Emmy-winning crime series “Prime Suspect,” which starred Helen Mirren and ran for seven seasons. The new series “Tennison” will be written by “Prime Suspect” scribe Lynda La Plante, and will air next year to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the debut of “Prime Suspect.”

“Tennison,” which will comprise six hour-long episodes, portrays the young Jane Tennison beginning her career and reveals why she became such a complex and formidable character in London’s police force. It’s set in East London in the 1970s, when women police officers are being uneasily “integrated” into the force. Twenty-two year-old Tennison is a probationary officer in a world where high-ranking police officers were notoriously chauvinistic, and the rules and regulations often bent.

Single-minded and ambitious, if a touch naive, Tennison’s dedicated and instinctive approach to her career is evident from the start. Starting as an officer on the beat, she is thrown in at the deep end, drawn into a brutal murder inquiry, and experiences first hand London’s violent criminal ganglands. She works alongside senior investigating officer Bradfield, and in her first murder case, sees the devastating effects violent crime has on the victim’s family, as well as experiencing tragic ramifications herself. The series has a strong sense of style and a 70s musical backdrop to the narrative, ITV said.

“Tennison,” which was commissioned for ITV by director of drama Steve November and controller of drama Victoria Fea, will be co-produced by La Plante Global and Noho Film and Television. La Plante has written and produced more than 170 hours of television drama, including “Trial and Retribution,” “The Commander” and “Above Suspicion,” through her company. Noho was set up in 2012 by Robert Wulff-Cochrane and Camilla Campbell, who previously headed up the drama department at Channel 4. Campbell and Wulff-Cochrane will executive produce “Tennison” for Noho with La Plante also executive producing.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/global/prime-suspect-sequel-tennison-greenlit-by-u-k-broadcaster-itv-1201522861/

Lady Dynamite

Netflix Orders Maria Bamford Comedy Series From Mitch Hurwitz & Pam Brady
    A single-camera comedy starring actress-comedian Maria Bamford. It is executive produced by Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurwitz who has a deal at Netflix

Co-written by Hurwitz and South Park alumna Pam Brady and produced by Netflix, Lady Dynamite, which had received 13-episode order, “is based on what Bamford has accepted to be ‘her life.’ The occasionally surreal episodes, refracted across multiple periods inspired by the actor/comedian’s life, tell the story of a woman who loses – and then finds – her s**t.”

http://deadline.com/2015/06/maria-bamford-comedy-series-lady-dynamite-netflix-mitch-hurwitz-pam-brady-1201449061/

NBC have cancelled Hannibal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Wow! The first show from their network to come close to the TV big league of HBO and Showtime etc and they cancel it. Madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Someone will surely pick this up.. Surely????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

Costs would be an issue I reckon. Love the show but not surprised. First 2 episodes were rubbish. 3Rd was only OK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Wow! The first show from their network to come close to the TV big league of HBO and Showtime etc and they cancel it. Madness
    The latest two episodes have got less than 2 million viewers, and only a 0.5 18-49 rating, which are record lows for the show. Doesn't seem like madness to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Loved the first two episodes of Hannibal this season. Astounded that both of those were part of a TV show, let alone a network show. Hope it finds a home somewhere else to complete the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,732 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Lizzie Borden Chronicles not returning for season 2 on Lifetime

Aquarius renewed for season 2 on NBC

Transparent renewed for season 3 on Amazon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Loved the first two episodes of Hannibal this season. Astounded that both of those were part of a TV show, let alone a network show. Hope it finds a home somewhere else to complete the story.

This season i'm finding a bit boring really still surprised it's cancelled.

Anyone else hate the music? It's loud and irritating imo, reminds me of child whinging for attention when you're trying to do something important!
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Lizzie Borden Chronicles not returning for season 2 on Lifetime

Aquarius renewed for season 2 on NBC

Transparent renewed for season 3 on Amazon

Be interesing to see where Aquarius goes, not surprised it was renewed, the whole thing was just very sleek from start to finish.

To Live And Die In L.A.

‘To Live And Die In L.A.’ Series From William Friedkin & Bobby Moresco In Works At WGN America
    To Live And Die In L.A., the cult 1985 MGM movie written and friedkin22006 Writers Guild Awards - Arrivalsdirected by William Friedkin, is headed to the small screen. In a competitive situation, WGN America has landed a drama series adaptation of the action thriller, with Oscar winner Friedkin directing and executive producing. Friedkin has created the TV adaptation with another Oscar winner, Bobby Moresco (Crash). Moresco will write the script and will executive produce. I hear the project, from MGM Television (Fargo) and Tribute Studios, has received a script-to-series commitment and is expected to go straight to series upon script approval.

To Live And Die In L.A. is a reimagining of Friedkin’s influential film, which helped launch the careers of its principal cast of then-unknowns, Willem Dafoe, William Petersen, John Pankow, Jane Leeves and John Turturro.

The TV adaptation is based on the novel by former U.S. Secret Service agent Gerald Petievich and centers on a fearless Secret Service agent who will stop at nothing to bring down the counterfeiter who killed his partner. The series is described as an intense immersion into the inner workings of the Secret Service and a cat-and-mouse chase through the dark underbelly of the City of Angels.

http://deadline.com/2015/06/to-live-and-die-in-la-tv-series-william-friedkin-wgn-america-1201456085/

One of my fav's from the 80's it would be great if the original cast were involved some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I can't believe Hannibal is cancelled. And they let rubbish like Big Bang and 2 and a half Eejits go on forever.

SyFy picks up Bitten for season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Mr E wrote: »
    :mad:

Watching on BBC 2, does it reach satisfactory conclusion or should I bale now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

Was just about to start watching it now but going to hold off until I hear answer to your question

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I finished it yesterday, there is a set up for season 2 at the end (which obviously is redundant now) but overall I thought season 1 finished satisfactorily. I had guessed a while back that it probably wasn't getting renewed but I stuck with it and wasn't annoyed at the end so that might tell you enough - others may/will differ though naturally!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

irishchris wrote: »
    Was just about to start watching it now but going to hold off until I hear answer to your question
    I'd only recommend that someone stick with it if they have already started watching it, I wouldn't say it's worth watching as a one season standalone thing. Again, as above, just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah it's worth watching and the season finale has a couple of good payoffs to make it worthwhile.

Thrill wrote: »

I nominate AnnaLynne McCord as the bunny boiler

• Registered Users Posts: 8,834 ✭✭✭squonk

:confused: I thought it'd be nearing the end of it's run at this stage. I think there should be some award for showrunners who manage to stretch a 1-2 season premise show into 5+ Seasons. Covert Affairs had more future potential than Suits and it's gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I can't believe Hannibal is cancelled. And they let rubbish like Big Bang and 2 and a half Eejits go on forever.
    Any show that made even a fraction of what either BBT or 2.5 Men makes wouldn't have been cancelled.

*Yes, makes, 2.5 Men is still making a killing in sales somehow... and I think it's probably one of the worst shows that ever aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Both Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are in syndication so it doesn't really matter what the quality or the audience share of the current seasons are as they are making a fortune from the old shows anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I nominate AnnaLynne McCord as the bunny boiler

you basing that on her role in Excision, yeah could be a good call alright

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

ElNino wrote: »
    Both Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men are in syndication so it doesn't really matter what the quality or the audience share of the current seasons are as they are making a fortune from the old shows anyway.
    That was sort of my point. They don't get to syndication without numbers or making money - they did both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

That was sort of my point. They don't get to syndication without numbers or making money - they did both.
    they both made a absolute ton of money, charlie sheen was on 1.6 million an episode, and 3 of the cast on TBBT are getting 1 million an episode now, if their making that how much are the creators making, and how much is the network making, i think chuck lorre is worth something like 600million, not bad for making some of the most basic tv shows ever,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Guardians of the Galaxy cartoon series premiering on Disney XD on September 26th

http://tvline.com/2015/07/06/guardians-of-the-galaxy-series-gets-premiere-date-poster-disney-xd/

guardians-of-the-galaxy-full.jpg?w=620&h=953

Advertisement