Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

I am not surprised CSI is gone. Not been the best the last few years. CSI NEW YORK would I been better if it stayed.

Also forever in cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

cena wrote: »
    I am not surprised CSI is gone. Not been the best the last few years. CSI NEW YORK would I been better if it stayed.

Also forever in cancelled
    anything that welsh lad is in gets cancelled lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

don ramo wrote: »
    CSI Cyber renewed for a second season

http://renewcanceltv.com/csi-cyber-renewed-for-season-2-by-cbs-report/

kinda strange, it wasnt doing much better than the original CSI which is apparently canceled, funny how the Miami and NY shows were getting better number when they were canceled

CSI had huge syndication deals but even then the cost of staff salaries would eventually trump that if ratings dwindled lowe enough. Neither Miami or NY could muster the same values in syndication. CBS also had to find slots to fit them in compared to other shows that arguably were doing more successful.

CSI Cyber is considerably cheaper than all the above to produce. It likely won't last very long. I'd wager though that CBS is gonna give a shot for a season or more to see if some of the loyal CSI audience now watches it as its their only CSI left.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Turtwig wrote: »
    CSI Cyber is considerably cheaper than all the above to produce. It likely won't last very long. I'd wager though that CBS is gonna give a shot for a season or more to see if some of the loyal CSI audience now watches it as its their only CSI left.

With CSI Cyber CBS can afford to give it 5 seasons even if the ratings aren't great so it hits the 100 episode mark so they can send it into syndication with the rest of the CSI family

Oh yeah I'd forgot about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

13 episodes per season, so it'll take more than 5 years. Plus it's pretty terrible. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

With CSI Cyber CBS can afford to give it 5 seasons even if the ratings aren't great so it hits the 100 episode mark so they can send it into syndication with the rest of the CSI family
    The magic syndication number is 88 episodes. Four seasons of 22 episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Fox cancels The Following

NBC cancels State of Affairs, Marry Me and Constantine

Source TV Line

Not surprised to see Constantine cancelled. It was quite poor.

I was surprised to see Meet the Goldbergs renewed. I know it's only one season in but I think it's dreadful. Anytime it comes on E4 and I catch a few minutes of it, it's unbearable. Anybody managing to see the appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

YurOK2 wrote: »
    Not surprised to see Constantine cancelled. It was quite poor.

I was surprised to see Meet the Goldbergs renewed. I know it's only one season in but I think it's dreadful. Anytime it comes on E4 and I catch a few minutes of it, it's unbearable. Anybody managing to see the appeal?

It's 2 seasons in now isn't it? I picked it up when it started on E4 and I love it, the Grandpa and Barry in particular are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭YurOK2

phasers wrote: »
    It's 2 seasons in now isn't it? I picked it up when it started on E4 and I love it, the Grandpa and Barry in particular are great.

Sorry, I thought it was still in the first season. Yeah, I just can't warm to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

don ramo wrote: »
    CSI Cyber renewed for a second season

http://renewcanceltv.com/csi-cyber-renewed-for-season-2-by-cbs-report/

kinda strange, it wasnt doing much better than the original CSI which is apparently canceled, funny how the Miami and NY shows were getting better number when they were canceled

Just WOW! I've watched 3-4 episodes so far and I think it really needed to be culled after 6 episodes. That being said, I work in IT so the stupid visualisations they employ to illustrate terms are jarring and annoying. Arquette is awful in this also. I'm surprised JVDB signed up for this. I'd have thought he'd better options.

In other news...

Happy to see more Hayley! Agent Carter was a great series.

Forever :(. It really deserved a reprieve. Great show. I'm so sad it's gone. I'd love someone like Amazon/Netflix to pick it up but it's really more of a network product so won't happen.

Hart Of Dixie, I'm not surprised. It's gone downhill to the point of being stupid. It's almost like nobody is really trying anymore

Revenge: 3 seasons too late INHO. Would have been an epic 1 season show. Now it'll be soon forgotten. I gave up 3 episodes into season 4

Constantine: awful show. Not even Stephen Amell promising a cameo could have saved this turkey

Mystery so Of Laura: Although it's improved since the awful pilot it's still pretty dreadful TV. It makes Blue Bloods look like The Wire. She'd keep IA busy 24/7. I'm not sure who the viewers are but they're obviously there.

Happy to see Nashville continuing but I was really suspecting a cancellation. I've a sense they've told their story already but I'm looking forward to seeing where they'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

phasers wrote: »

Yeah, Season 2 finale is this week in the US. It's my favourite US sitcom at the moment since Parks & Recreation ended. I love the 80s though, so that certainly increases my enjoyment.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I liked CSI with Ted Danson

Any word yet on Person of Interest renewal?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Is Person of Interest not one of those completely nailed on certainties?

James74 wrote: »
    Is Person of Interest not one of those completely nailed on certainties?

I hope it is for CBS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

American Idol Renewed For Final Season
    It’s an end of an era. One of the most successful reality series ever, American Idol, will end its run after one final season. Fox has renewed the venerable music competition series for a 15th season, which will be its last.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/american-idol-renewed-final-season-15-1201424278/

Fox has confirmed that a new season of the real-time drama is in the early stages of development.

Chairman and CEO Gary Newman told TVLine that there is "nothing immediate" on the horizon, but added: "We have been developing another version of 24, but it's still very early in the process.

"There's nothing we could tell you at this time other than we are working on something."

http://tvline.com/2015/05/11/empire-season-2-18-episodes/

homer-simpson-woop-o.gif

• Advertisement

CSI: Cyber, The Odd Couple, Person of Interest, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, Hawaii Five-0, Criminal Minds, Elementary, The Good Wife Blue Bloods Survivor, The Amazing Race and Undercover Boss all renewed by CBS.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/csi-cyber-odd-couple-poi-hawaii-good-wife-ncis-renewed-cbs-1201424574/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Fox has confirmed that a new season of the real-time drama is in the early stages of development.

http://tvline.com/2015/05/11/empire-season-2-18-episodes/

Wonder what they mean by "version". Original format with different cast?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

The Odd Couple

Perry got a renewal!?!?!?!

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wonder what they mean by "version". Original format with different cast?

There was talk last year of having a spin off around Yvonne Strahovksi’s Kate

FunLover18 wrote: »

It my guilty pleasure this season it's not great but has it's moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Person of Interest & The Good Wife.... get in there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Its good ratings are down to airing after The Big Bang Theory.

CSI could be back for a small shortened final 16th season and tv movie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There was talk last year of having a spin off around Yvonne Strahovksi’s Kate

Wouldn't be about her being assigned to protect a nerd who downloaded the entire CTU database into his brain?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wouldn't be about her being assigned to protect a nerd who downloaded the entire CTU database into his brain?

No I think would be about 24 hours in Argentina while being stalked by a lumberjack.

Advertisement