Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    And Dr. Phil lookalike Dabney Coleman :p

....he may still be tied up;).

• Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Talented Mr Ripley

Patricia Highsmith's 'Ripley' Book Series Headed to TV
    Television 360, Endemol Shine Studios and publisher Diogenes are teaming to bring the late author's five-book series to television, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Television 360's Guymon Casady (Game of Thrones) and Ben Forkner (Good People) will executive produce. Philipp Keel of Diogenes, the late Highsmith's Zurich-based publisher and agency, is also on board as an EP. Endemol Shine Studios exec vp Jeremy Gold will oversee the project for Endemol Shine Studios — the scripted division of Endemol Shine North America. Producers hope to put the property together with a writer — or major filmmaker — as well as an actor before shopping it to premium cable networks or streaming services.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/patricia-highsmiths-ripley-book-series-797465

Fox has confirmed that a new season of the real-time drama is in the early stages of development.

http://tvline.com/2015/05/11/empire-season-2-18-episodes/

Kiefer Sutherland may make guest appearances in 24 spinoff with new male lead
    While there are no current plans for Kiefer Sutherland’s Jack to appear, it’s entirely possible his iconic character could pop in and out on a guest-star basis.

The project would find the new male antihero working alongside an older, more seasoned female agent (not Yvonne Strahovski’s Kate Morgan, although she also may also appear). It would also launch as a limited series, similar to last year’s acclaimed 24: Live Another Day, but I’m told the offshoot could easily become a long-term property for Fox.

http://tvline.com/2015/06/01/24-spinoff-fox-new-character-2016-kiefer-sutherland/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Kiefer Sutherland may make guest appearances in 24 spinoff with new male lead

http://tvline.com/2015/06/01/24-spinoff-fox-new-character-2016-kiefer-sutherland/
    im surprised their not gonna follow the kate morgan route, really seemed like they were planning on pushing that as a future for the show,

i dunno how they could have jack pop in and out without having at least a mini series to fill out what happened after the least series,

basically their planning a reboot, probably not a bad idea, its a good concept for a show, it kinda lost ventured into farfetched territory at times, but it was a pretty solid show,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

don ramo wrote: »
    im surprised their not gonna follow the kate morgan route, really seemed like they were planning on pushing that as a future for the show,

i dunno how they could have jack pop in and out without having at least a mini series to fill out what happened after the least series,

basically their planning a reboot, probably not a bad idea, its a good concept for a show, it kinda lost ventured into farfetched territory at times, but it was a pretty solid show,

She might still be in it (I would say so) but I did not think she would be made lead this quick anyway

• Advertisement

She might still be in it (I would say so) but I did not think she would be made lead this quick anyway
    hopefully she will be, be a waste of such a good character,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I just Blue myself... Arrested Development Season 5 is on the way...

http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/06/arrested-development-season-5-netflix/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Nothing set in stone, but it seems Fox are in talks about bringing Prison Break back for a limited run...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s5/prison-break/news/a650656/prison-break-could-be-coming-back-to-fox-network-developing-limited-run-series.html#~peuMIuxG9eVQim

It would really only be worth it, if it was an entirely new cast and it just sticks to the one season. The first season of Prison Break was quality, but it gradually declined the longer it went on.

With bringing shows back from the dead becoming more and more popular, I wonder what will be next...

Nothing set in stone, but it seems Fox are in talks about bringing Prison Break back for a limited run...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s5/prison-break/news/a650656/prison-break-could-be-coming-back-to-fox-network-developing-limited-run-series.html#~peuMIuxG9eVQim

It would really only be worth it, if it was an entirely new cast and it just sticks to the one season. The first season of Prison Break was quality, but it gradually declined the longer it went on.

With bringing shows back from the dead becoming more and more popular, I wonder what will be next...
    naming a show prison break really limits what you can do with the show, i can get behind 24 getting up and running again, hell id love a lost coming back with new stories, which you can do with both shows, casting new people would be pretty easy, but i cant see how you could bring back prison break, not without remaking it, rather than continue it, some shows can evolve, and ones that cant need to be reset,

there still original shows being made, and adapted, cable networks are probably the best bet for tv shows, cause generally speaking the best show always tend to have low viewership, and build a reputation over time,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

We never actually saw
    michael die
    did we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Firefly? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

We never actually saw
    michael die
    did we?

Lets hope they do not go down that route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Lets hope they do not go down that route.

I read one report that said talks were being held with both Purcell & Miller

well purcell is gonna be in a new show DC Legends of Tomorrow next year, its a mid season show, so he might do this after that, and maybe well see it on tv next august or something,

terrible actors both of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I think they got excited when they paired up again in Flash & saw $$

They kinda reminded me of Sideshow Bob & Cecil :D
    FOX is pushing ahead with its plans for a Prison Break Season 5 limited series revival, which would reunite original stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell.

http://seriable.com/prison-break-revival-limited-series-in-development-at-fox/

Btw: I'm reminded didn't Purcell appear on Tubridy when he saved a girl from drowning in Sligo? as most of his family are living here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I don't know if this was posted:

The CW has renewed iZombie for Season 2.

I've only watched a handful, but liking it a lot, pilot was good, 2nd ep was slow, but has been ok since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,057 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

BBC 3 has renewed Cuckoo for a 3rd season

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I was going through my show list and so many cancellations of shows I want more from:
    Constantine
    Stalker
    Battle Creek
    Backstrom
    Forever
    Auction Hunters (ok, 5th season before shut down)

Instead we get the 2323482934th season of the same stuff over and over again or really poor stuff like CSI Cyber :(

Degrassi

Netflix Revives ‘Degrassi’ After Cancellation
    Long-running Canadian teen drama heads to US streaming service next year
    Degrassi Community School is back in session, thanks to Netflix.
    Long-running Canadian teen drama “Degrassi” will head to the U.S. streaming service in 2016, Netflix said on Tuesday. The show, which was previously called “Degrassi: The Next Generation,” was canceled a mere five days ago by TeenNick, where it aired stateside.
    For our neighbors to the north, “Degrassi” will be renamed “Degrassi: The Next Class” and move from MTV Canada to Family Channel for its 15th season.

http://www.thewrap.com/degrassi-to-be-revived-by-netflix-canada/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Hyperion Event Series In Development At Syfy.
    Syfy announced today it is teaming with Oscar-nominated producer Bradley Cooper (American Sniper), Oscar-winning producer Graham King (The Departed, Argo) and Todd Phillips (The Hangover, Old School) to develop Dan Simmons’ Hugo Award-winning best-selling novel Hyperion as an event series.

Set on the eve of Armageddon with the entire galaxy at war, Hyperion is the story of seven pilgrims who set forth on a voyage to seek the answers to the unsolved riddles of their lives. Each carries a desperate hope and a terrible secret — while one may hold the fate of humanity in his hands.

http://seriable.com/hyperion-event-series-in-development-at-syfy-with-producer-bradley-cooper/

• Advertisement

Starz renews Power for a 3rd season Source

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Thrill wrote: »

Great news. I loved the books so have high hopes for this one :)

The Boondock Saints

The Boondock Saints TV prequel to be made.

Original stars Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flanery are in early talks to come on board as co-executive producers.
    IM Global Television, the TV arm of feature-film financing, production and sales company IM Global, a subsidiary of Indian conglomerate Reliance ADA, has acquired rights to cult 1999 movie The Boondock Saints for a IMGTV_BlackTempTV series adaptation. Troy Duffy, writer-director of the original film and its sequel, 2009’s The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day, will write the potential series — envisioned as a prequel to the movies — and will direct the first episode. He also will executive produce along with two of the films’ producers — Don Carmody of Don Carmody Television and Lloyd Segan of Piller-Segan — and D. Matt Geller, who brought the project to IM Global.

http://deadline.com/2015/06/the-boondock-saints-prequel-series-im-global-tv-troy-duffy-1201439552/

Showtime has renewed Episodes for a 5th season

Netflix Supernatural Thriller
    In her first series-regular TV gig, Winona Ryder is set to star in Netflix’s untitled eight-episode supernatural thriller that is being billed as “a love letter to the 80s classics that captivated a generation,” TVLine has learned. (The project was previously known under the working title Montauk.)

In the ’80s-set series, a young boy vanishes into thin air. As friends, family, and local police search for answers, they are drawn into an extraordinary mystery involving top-secret government experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one very strange little girl.
    Ryder will play Joyce, a working class woman and the mother of the missing 2-year-old. In the quest to rescue her son from terrifying forces, she summons a strength she never knew she had.
    David Harbour (State of Affairs) has also been cast as the town’s chief of police.

Matt Duffer and Ross Duffer (Wayward Pines, Hidden) will write and direct all eight episodes. The duo will also serve as exec producers alongside showrunner Karl Gajdusek (Last Resort). Shawn Levy and Dan Cohen (Night at the Museum) are also EPs on the series, which will premiere in 2016.
    Ryder recently completed shooting a role in HBO’s forthcoming miniseries Show Me a Hero.

http://tvline.com/2015/06/15/winona-ryder-montauk-cast-netflix-series/

Bates Motel

Renewed at A&E for Seasons 4 and 5

http://tvline.com/2015/06/15/bates-motel-renewed-season-4-and-5/

American Gods

American Gods Greenlit at Starz.
    Cue the “That’s not in the book!” discussion in 3, 2, 1…: Starz has ordered to series an adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s popular novel American Gods.
    Bryan Fuller (Hannibal) and Michael Green (Kings)will serve as writers and showrunners of the fantasy drama, the network announced Tuesday.

Gaiman’s 2001 novel follows a lonely ex-con named Shadow who takes a job as a bodyguard for the mysterious Mr. Wednesday. As the two men travel the United States, Shadow becomes aware that a war is imminent between the country’s old gods (think: ancient mythology) and its new ones (think: modern technology) — and that his part in the proceedings has been predestined. Oh, and Mr. Wednesday is one of the old gods, no biggie.
    The series order is similar to the network’s adaptation of Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander, which has a fervent following akin to American Gods‘. In a statement, Gaiman — who will be one of the series’ executive producers — said he was “thrilled, scared, delighted, nervous and a ball of glorious anticipation” about the project, adding, “I’m relieved and confident that my baby is in good hands.”

http://tvline.com/2015/06/16/american-gods-series-order-bryan-fuller-starz/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

'American Gods' (and I'm not a fan of the book) better not take Fuller away from his superb 'Hannibal'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

ixoy wrote: »
    'American Gods' (and I'm not a fan of the book) better not take Fuller away from his superb 'Hannibal'.

That probably won't be a problem after Season 3... although I hope it is. Still, with him involved this might actually be good.

• Advertisement

The Way

Three-time Emmy winner Aaron Paul has joined the cast of Jason Katims' Faith-Based Drama The Way for Hulu.
    A 10-episode series created by Katims’ fellow Parenthood scribe Jessica Goldberg, The Way examines a family at the center of a controversial movement struggling with relationships, marriage and power.
    Paul will play Eddie Cleary, a convert to the movement with a wayward past. He’s a husband (to Sarah Cleary, played by Michelle Monaghan) and father who suffers a crisis of faith when all that he’s come to accept as truth in his life is fundamentally challenged.
    Paul will also serve as a producer on the series.
    The Way is slated to premiere in early 2016.

http://tvline.com/2015/06/17/aaron-paul-the-way-hulu-series-cast/

Advertisement