Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

James74 wrote: »
    Person of Interest & The Good Wife.... get in there! :D

According to Deadline.com, it's a 13 episode order for Person of Interest, so it may be going the way of The Mentalist, and getting a bit of a raw deal IMO. The way this last season ended, it could conceivably go on for quite a while longer, without going crap like Revenge did.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Didn't realise PoI was so far down the ratings. It is 25th on CBS' list (and shows like CSI Cyber and Stalker are/were doing bigger numbers).

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/71467

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Mr E wrote: »
    Didn't realise PoI was so far down the ratings. It is 25th on CBS' list (and shows like CSI Cyber and Stalker are/were doing bigger numbers).

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/71467
    The 13 episode order isn't great news about the show continuing beyond season 5.1 on CBS and, given WBTV isn't likely to be in a position to shop it to another network, I don't have a good feeling about the long-term survival of the show.

It is doing well in a bad time/day slot, but the NCIS intro is skewing numbers up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

POI isn't a CBS show they buy it from WB I think. I recall the POI show runners saying they had a five season arc planned. Maybe this is just the inevitable conclusion of that? It has been a great show.

The fact that CBS don't produce means that it might find a home on another network. Or WB drop the price to make it an easier decision for CBS to buy.

Another possibility is that POI could really benefit from 13 episode seasons. Maybe the producers requested it?
    The original show runners of Revenge did similar, ABC declined, they left and revenge became pants.

Turtwig wrote: »
    POI isn't a CBS show they buy it from WB I think. I recall the POI show runners saying they had a five season arc planned. Maybe this is just the inevitable conclusion of that? It has been a great show.

The fact that CBS don't produce means that it might find a home on another network. Or WB drop the price to make it an easier decision for CBS to buy.

Another possibility is that POI could really benefit from 13 episode seasons. Maybe the producers requested it?
    The original show runners of Revenge did similar, ABC declined, they left and revenge became pants.
    CBS TV Studios has a very odd intermingled relationship with WBTV; they basically jointly run the CW Network. Given the lack of a real WB Network for some years WBTV doesn't have an outlet themselves which I presume necessitated the relationship with CBS.

Nothing is impossible, but I would be shocked if WBTV shopped this to another network. I also don't think Bad Robot has a strong relationship with either ABC or FOX, and PoI doesn't fit into NBC's schedule. It would have to be Amazon/Hulu IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Dig cancelled after one season
    While ratings weren’t terrible they weren’t good enough for the network to justify a second season, and it has now billed the series as a ‘one-and-done’ ten-part limited event.

http://renewcanceltv.com/dig-cancelled-after-one-season-by-usa-network/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Turtwig wrote: »

jonathan nolan is gonnabe doing westworld over on HBO, due out later in the year, so id prefer he finnish up POI and then move onto westworld, instead of splitting his time,

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

don ramo wrote: »
    jonathan nolan is gonnabe doing westworld over on HBO, due out later in the year, so id prefer he finnish up POI and then move onto westworld, instead of splitting his time,

Westworld has already been filmed Nolan has been on that for the best part of the last year.

On POI always better to go out on a high than doing a CSi or Criminal minds and staying on to long.

Westworld has already been filmed Nolan has been on that for the best part of the last year.
    only the pilot was filmed last year, the show still doesnt have a release date, just 2015, so probably october/november, so filming will probably start in the next month or so, they'd never film a year in advance, and sure it was only officially ordered to series last november,

• Advertisement

Amazon orders two more Ripper Street seasons
    Amazon rode to the rescue of Ripper Street in early 2014, shortly after the BBC had decided not to move beyond Season 2. Season 3 of the period drama launched on the UK’s Amazon Prime Instant Video in November last year and was streamed more than any other TV show, attracting larger viewing audiences than some major U.S. series. Amazon has now committed to two further seasons for Prime Instant in the UK.

Filming is to begin immediately with launch dates still to be set.

http://deadline.com/2015/05/amazon-orders-ripper-street-two-seasons-1201425813/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Thrill wrote: »

This makes up for the loss of Forever. Apart from being a class show, it's good for local employment as well.

Thrill wrote: »
    Very good news of the Irish Film/TV industry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

That reminds me that I need to start watching Ripper Street

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CBS is sending CSI off into the sunset in style.
    The network confirmed on Wednesday that the former juggernaut will end its 15-year run with a special movie event to air on Sunday, Sept. 27. Original cast members including William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger are among the CSI MVPS set to return for the swan song.

Source TV Line

The Mindy Project officially renewed by Hulu, for a 26 episode 4th season:)

http://tvline.com/2015/05/15/mindy-project-renewed-hulu-season-4/

The Expanse Renewed For Season 2 By Syfy
    Syfy’s The Expanse has received a super early Season 2 renewal.

Creator James S.A. Coreyhas confirmed that he’s been given the greenlight to start work on writing the second season in June, ahead of the series premiere this December.

http://seriable.com/the-expanse-renewed-for-season-2-by-syfy/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    CBS is sending CSI off into the sunset in style.
    The network confirmed on Wednesday that the former juggernaut will end its 15-year run with a special movie event to air on Sunday, Sept. 27. Original cast members including William Petersen and Marg Helgenberger are among the CSI MVPS set to return for the swan song.

Source TV Line

Was guessing/hoping that would happen. Fair play to the network to do it.

Finding Carter Renewed For 12 More Episodes By MTV

http://deadline.com/2015/05/mtv-finding-carter-renewed-mtv-1201429300/

Bates Motel has been renewed for Season 4, according to exec producer Kerry Ehrin.
    While A&E has yet to make it official, Ehrin confirmed on Twitter that she was informed two months ago that the Psycho drama will return for Season 4, bringing the series one step closer to its five season plan.

http://renewcanceltv.com/bates-motel-renewed-for-4th-season-by-ae/

• Advertisement

No surprise Katey Sagal confirmed for female lead

Stephen Moyer, Matthew Rhys, Timothy V. Murphy and Sam Spruell also in cast

http://tvline.com/2015/02/24/the-bastard-executioner-stephen-moyer-cast-fx-kurt-sutter/

Fx orders to series
    Source

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

Fx orders to series
    Source

Seen a Tweet tonight by Timothy Murphy looks like its being filmed in Wales

Never Mind the Buzzcocks

Never Mind the Buzzcocks has been cancelled after 18 years on BBC Two

A BBC spokeswoman said: "After 28 series we've decided not to bring Never Mind the Buzzcocks back to the BBC. This will create space for new entertainment formats in the future.

"We'd like to thank the team at Talkback, Rhod Gilbert, all the brilliant hosts over the years and of course Noel and Phill for the years of enjoyment they've given BBC Two viewers."

The pop music panel quiz first aired in November 1996, and has run for over 260 episodes over 28 series.

t was hosted by Mark Lamarr for its first 17 series. Guest presenters took over for the 18th run, before Simon Amstell took over hosting duties for four series.

The show returned to having guest hosts for series 23 to 27 and Rhod Gilbert took the role permanently for series 28.

Phill Jupitus has been a team captain since the start of the show, and was joined by Sean Hughes for the first ten series.

Bill Bailey was a captain for series 11 to 21. After joining for the last three episodes of series 21 when Bailey left, Noel Fielding became a permanent captain in series 23.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a649257/never-mind-the-buzzcocks-has-been-cancelled-after-18-years-on-bbc-two.html#~pdO6Gp0PZrv5TL

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Was never the same after Simon Amstell left

I thought Rhod did quite well last series tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Never like Noel Fielding and there neve seemed to be the same connectivity as thee was between Jupitus,, Hughes and Lamar,

The Following was not picked up for a 4th season Source

Season 3 was fine up until about half way and then just fell into the toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Excellent news. We will need Dolly Parton to at least guest star and we'll have a full reunion. Working 9 to 5....I'm wokin' 9 to 5.....:pac:

• Advertisement

Excellent news. We will need Dolly Parton to at least guest star and we'll have a full reunion. Working 9 to 5....I'm wokin' 9 to 5.....:pac:

And Dr. Phil lookalike Dabney Coleman :p

Advertisement