Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

He's The World's Largest Athlete, obviously.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

How can HBK make a cameo appearance and hit someone with a Superkick and expect us to believe it's effective when people like Ziggler, The Usos and The Young Bucks to name a few use it like it's a nothing?
    Because they never tune up the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,607 ✭✭✭✭briany

Angron wrote: »
    I really wish they'd drop the Divas title, and reintroduce the Women's title. The Divas belt is the second worst looking title in the company at the minute (imo), only better than the Tag titles.

I wish they'd get rid of the Divas/Women on the main roster if they're going to be presented
    inthe way they are. Everyone jokes that the Divas match is the pi** break, and the frustration about their position within the company is enough that it's been vocalised a few times on screen. They get no storylines hardly, little time on any main show and are just treated like window dressing.

My favourite woman on the main roster at the moment is actually Tamina. Even though I understand she's not thought of very well in terms of her in ring ability, she's got a great look and her facial expressions are good. She has more of an aura of a person, and a bit of a badass than the others who are still in that catty, temperamental fighting model thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

How can HBK make a cameo appearance and hit someone with a Superkick and expect us to believe it's effective when people like Ziggler, The Usos and The Young Bucks to name a few use it like it's a nothing?

It's pretty standard wrestling logic that when a move is defined as your finisher it's magically way more effective than if someone else were to do it.

Also if your version has a unique name - same deal.

Once that band's tuned up it's not just a superkick, it's Sweet Chin Music and that puts lads out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Re the Divas on the main roster. I would actually be in favour of them overhauling the entire division. Get bleeding rid of Rosa! How she still has a job o don't know. Cameron and Tamina and Layla can go too. With The Bellas, Paige, Emma, Summer, Naomi, Alicia and Nattie you could have a tight little division there. When the NXT divas are ready call them up with an actual purpose or reason. Maybe like a female Nexus and have them destroy all the other divas and taking them out at various unexpected times. Like you never know when they Are going to attack.

With the belt I echo other sentiments. Ugly as f**k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Get bleeding rid of Rosa! How she still has a job o don't know.

michael-hayes.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reebrock wrote: »
    michael-hayes.jpg

What's this about ?

Is free bird slipping Rosa one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,460 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ricero wrote: »
    What's this about ?

Is free bird slipping Rosa one ?

According to former WWE creative team member Court Bauer, senior road agent Michael Hayes has been suspended by WWE for being spotted drinking with Rosa Mendes in a bar, despite her problems with alcohol being well known by him

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2013/10/9/4821974/wwe-suspends-michael-hayes-for-getting-rosa-mendes-back-on-the-booze

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Wow Michael Hayes must have a lot of pull behind the scenes. How many times has this guy been in the doghouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Great wrestler. Probably a good agent. Piece of **** human.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

leggo wrote: »
    Great wrestler. Probably a good agent. Piece of **** human.

Seem to remember stories basically saying she was kept on largely because of his say so and he was..making the most of that hold over her future shall we say.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

I recall them too. Was it Orton that said it somewhere in an interview?

Still, 10 years in the WWE and still unable to work a decent match. She must be doing someone, I mean something, right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

What's everyone's opinion of Chris Jericho's entrance at Survivor Series 2002, Yay or Nay?
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqhhwt_elimination-chamber-1er-match-survivor-series-2002_sport

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

What's everyone's opinion of Chris Jericho's entrance at Survivor Series 2002, Yay or Nay?
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqhhwt_elimination-chamber-1er-match-survivor-series-2002_sport

I like it. Unusual definitely, but a theme performed live always adds to the occasion, makes it feel more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,607 ✭✭✭✭briany

I like it. Unusual definitely, but a theme performed live always adds to the occasion, makes it feel more important.
    That's usually the case, unless the there are problems. The DX Band sounds pretty ragged here. Sounds like somebody forget to turn on the overdrive on the guitar.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6jwd9_the-rock-vs-triple-h-summerslam-199_sport

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Really like the idea, don't like the song. Would like WWE to try it again if for some reason they were having two events in different places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Off of memory.. nay.

Live performances rarely work unless it's live at Wrestlemania and the act is sober. Can't view the link but was that the one with the gig from WWF New York? If so, that was awful.

Ageyev wrote: »
    Off of memory.. nay.

Live performances rarely work unless it's live at Wrestlemania and the act is sober. Can't view the link but was that the one with the gig from WWF New York? If so, that was awful.
    Yep, King of my World by Saliva in WWE New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Been watching some WCW on the network, what in the hell were they thinking doing the dungeon of doom.

It's so hilariously bad and cheesy just what kind of drugs were they on when they thought of some of the skits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Joe.ie posted a clip of the Undertaker-Mankind hell-in-a-cell match for the 17th anniversary.

It's funny the amount of people in the comments who point out that wrestling is set up or scripted, as if they are the only ones who know. Some of the responses from people pretending it's real are hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Also funny how angry some people get that Joe.ie would dare post something related to wrestling. Like Joe.ie (apparently a high-brow site in these people's minds, as opposed to a fun website aimed at men) are compromising their integrity by doing so.

For example:

Stephen Garland JOE.ie it is disappointing when you perpetuate such utter ****e!
    Like · Reply ·

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Can only imagine that people decrying it as fake there have never actually seen that match.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,460 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Joe.ie probably gets 3/4 of it's stories from Boards I'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anyone watch the Harper/Cesaro matches on Superstars and Main Event last week? Forgot how good their chemistry was. They had a big feud in CHIKARA:

I wonder when/if Chris Jericho is going to come back for a run on TV. Remember the time he put over Fandango at Wrestlemania and WWE kinda dropped the ball?

I haven't watched Raw in a while so I could be way off. :p If WWE are pushing this Japanese show would it not be a good time and way to put over certain NXT talent? Both by selling tickets and for crowd reaction to show TV viewers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Well it's just Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens on the bill Saturday from NXT. Kevin Owens has been on the last couple of pay per views and Finn Balor is very well known in Japan for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭HeathenWolf

Joe.ie posted a clip of the Undertaker-Mankind hell-in-a-cell match for the 17th anniversary.

It's funny the amount of people in the comments who point out that wrestling is set up or scripted, as if they are the only ones who know. Some of the responses from people pretending it's real are hilarious.

I assume they're the same MMA snobs that kiss Conor McGregor's ass. I'd like to see that "tough guy" take the same bump Mick Foley took in that match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

I wonder when/if Chris Jericho is going to come back for a run on TV. Remember the time he put over Fandango at Wrestlemania and WWE kinda dropped the ball?

Fandango got hurt the month after, in his absence, his push was given to Curtis Axel but fans were never given a real reason to believe in Axel other than he was with Paul Heyman.

Once Fandango returned, interest in his push had cooled - and they were hesitant to give him the same push then due to it not working with Axel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement