Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Dolph's shoot will be very interesting once he leaves WWE. He's not a guy to hold back(nor does he have the sense to imo).

The wrestling culture has changed too much. the CM Punk AOW podcast may be the last full on burial of a company / performers of a major WWE name: and even then you needed somebody stubborn enough in Punk to be fired on his wedding day for that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,495 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just found Hitman Hart: Wrestling with Shadows on Hulu I remember being blown away with this when I first saw it back when it came more so than Beyond The Mat which came out about a year after it.

Think I might give both of them a watch this evening.

Heard good things about Fake It So Real which I also found on Hulu might go for a night of wrestling Doc's before RAW.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Reebrock wrote: »
    The wrestling culture has changed too much. the CM Punk AOW podcast may be the last full on burial of a company / performers of a major WWE name: and even then you needed somebody stubborn enough in Punk to be fired on his wedding day for that to happen.

If he dislikes the company enough he'll have no problem shooting with the best of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

His brother hasn't really ripped on the company since he was let go in 2013 though, has he?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

His brother hasn't really ripped on the company since he was let go in 2013 though, has he?

Well he never made it out of developmental but he has been very vocal about Bill DeMott and his training methods. Also think he cryptically mentioned some of the sexual harassment stuff with some of the female talents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was reading the Twitter account and it seems they are doing tough enough live. I had assumed that the thing with the miz was live and the show wasn't but they just showed videos of Paige, the miz, and DB arriving at full sail. So that means that Paige and miz won't be on smack down for the duration of the show then ?

I was reading the Tough enough Twitter account and it seems they are doing tough enough live. I had assumed that the thing with the miz was live and the show wasn't but they just showed videos of Paige, the miz, and DB arriving at full sail. So that means that Paige and miz won't be on smack down for the duration of the show then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Getting real sick of Bray Wyatt and his shtick now, i feel damn sorry for Roman Reigns stuck in a feud with him for another 4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I'm expecting a finish similar to last year's Night of Champions for Battleground, I wouldn't be surprised if Sheamo cashes in successfully but I do see him having some part in the match followed by a three way at Summerslam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Can't see Sheamus being cashing in for long time tbh. Don't think it suits him to get involved with Lesnar or Rollins. When lesnar goes on hiatus again I think that will be the moment for Sheamus. Though I doubt he will be the champion going towards Wrestlemania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Can't see Sheamus being cashing in for long time tbh. Don't think it suits him to get involved with Lesnar or Rollins. When lesnar goes on hiatus again I think that will be the moment for Sheamus. Though I doubt he will be the champion going towards Wrestlemania.

I smell him losing the case ala Mr kennedy. Just dont see him as the top heel yet. Maybe in time

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I smell him losing the case ala Mr kennedy. Just dont see him as the top heel yet. Maybe in time

Wasn't the reason Mr Kennedy lost his case, because he got injured? and also because he shot himself in the foot with Vince McMahon. I seem to recall Kennedy was in for a huge push but for whatever reason but WWE decided not to go ahead. Unfortunately he had to lose the briefcase because of it.

Sheamus on the other hand is one of Triple H's golden boys. I don't think he's going to lose it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I meant hes going to drop it via a match liek Kennedy. That is all.

Today was the 8th anniversary of Chris Benoit's death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

8 yrs ago that whole episode was surreal and just a horrible time to be a fan. 8 yrs on and now being a husband(engaged but close enough) and a father I have nothing but contempt for Chris Benoit. Whether he was a world class wrestler or a factory worker what he did has no excuse. He is scum and death was too good for him.

If ppl remain fans of him good for them but personally I try not to watch any matches featuring him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

LeeJM wrote: »
    8 yrs ago that whole episode was surreal and just a horrible time to be a fan. 8 yrs on and now being a husband(engaged but close enough) and a father I have nothing but contempt for Chris Benoit. Whether he was a world class wrestler or a factory worker what he did has no excuse. He is scum and death was too good for him.

If ppl remain fans of him good for them but personally I try not to watch any matches featuring him.

I'm the same, I was watching wrestlemania 20 on the network and it got to the triple threat match tried to watch it but had to turn it off felt uncomfortable watching him

Well he never made it out of developmental but he has been very vocal about Bill DeMott and his training methods. Also think he cryptically mentioned some of the sexual harassment stuff with some of the female talents
    Perhaps he's been keeping his cards somewhat close to his chest out of concern that if he were to become more talkative on things it would have an effect on Dolph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

sky88 wrote: »
    I'm the same, I was watching wrestlemania 20 on the network and it got to the triple threat match tried to watch it but had to turn it off felt uncomfortable watching him

I have not watched any match of his since what he done. Just can't bring myself to do it knowing what he done.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

I try to separate Benoit the man and Benoit wrestler in my head. However I'm currently working my way through all the WCW Nitros/Clashes/PPVs in order on the network and I find myself watching his matches, but not remembering a single thing about them afterwards besides his flying headbutts or other dodgy bumps he takes purely in hindsight. Awful blight on pro wrestling history.

I can still see the strange reaction that regal gave on the tribute show they did before they knew the full story. Everyone else was upset and regal praised his in ring work but not him the person. If everyone else was that way it wouldn't have stood out to me.

Also I've watched his matches on the network and it's not the most comfortable thing to do. I try to concentrate on the other guys in the ring and the commentary other than Benoit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I've no problem watching him to be honest what happened , Happened it doesn't take away from his career for me , obviously that's just my opinion and i can understand why others wouldn't feel the same

Probably stems from him being one of my favourites at the time , I still remember when the ECW title match with Punk was cancelled I was so annoyed two of my favourites finally meeting , Of course i didn't know why till afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭briany

Will Kane be taking Noble's place in the Authority for the time being?

JK Security, anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

briany wrote: »
    Will Kane be taking Noble's place in the Authority for the time being?

JK Security, anyone?

https://twitter.com/WWEKidman/status/613422133226508288

Seriously and this isn't an original thought but I think Brock will take out Joey next week on Raw and then Kane the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

rovert wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/WWEKidman/status/613422133226508288

Seriously and this isn't an original thought but I think Brock will take out Joey next week on Raw and then Kane the week after.

Yeah I can see that happening, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if that was the plan even without the Noble incident. But I could see Lesnar going through the authority to get to Rollins, similar to how Randy Orton went through Nexus to get to CM Punk.

That's all well and good provided they don't sidetrack him into some sort of nothing feud coming out of Battleground. He needs to be portrayed as the prize fighter whenever he appears.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I really wish they'd drop the Divas title, and reintroduce the Women's title. The Divas belt is the second worst looking title in the company at the minute (imo), only better than the Tag titles.

Vince: So Dave we need a new tag team belt. I had an idea, you know that 5c coin in Ireland?

Dave: Say no more Vinnie Mac!

g529.jpg
    latest?cb=20120109064905

How can HBK make a cameo appearance and hit someone with a Superkick and expect us to believe it's effective when people like Ziggler, The Usos and The Young Bucks to name a few use it like it's a nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

How can HBK make a cameo appearance and hit someone with a Superkick and expect us to believe it's effective when people like Ziggler, The Usos and The Young Bucks to name a few use it like it's a nothing?

Why does Cena do a springboard stunner as a mid match move when Austin used a regular stunner as his finishing move ?

Why does one punch from Big Show equal a KO punch ? But other big guys like Kane can't KO someone with a punch ?

It all depends on how a move is presented

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement