Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Like I suggested before, at this rate would be as well to have a single Smackdown thread like there is for Impact!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I wonder will Nikki Bella lose the title at SummerSlam or will they have her hold it for a bit longer to erase AJ Lee's streak. As of today (July 9th), Nikki Bella is on 227 days while AJ's streak was 295 days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wonder will Nikki Bella lose the title at SummerSlam or will they have her hold it for a bit longer to erase AJ Lee's streak. As of today (July 9th), Nikki Bella is on 227 days while AJ's streak was 295 days.
    Perhaps it's just my cynicism, but that feels like basically the entire reason she's holding the title at the minute, just to overtake AJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Angron wrote: »
    Perhaps it's just my cynicism, but that feels like basically the entire reason she's holding the title at the minute, just to overtake AJ.

Especially cause they keep calling it Nikkis "countdown to 300 days"

Why would she be counting to 300? Would she not just be wanting to keep it forever?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Especially cause they keep calling it Nikkis "countdown to 300 days"

Why would she be counting to 300? Would she not just be wanting to keep it forever?

hqdefault.jpg

September 14th is 300 days.

According to Mike Johnson it was a work that turned into a shoot. WWE Creative started the 300 thing but now Nikki wants it too and is now pushing to keep the belt until then (and beyond) too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

The Honk O Meter was brilliant whilst it lasted. Just something fun in the midcard: wrestling slacks on stuff like that too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I think Nikki has been a perfectly fine champion to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Moneymaker wrote: »

she probably is fine in terms of other Divas champions

but when you look at how things are presented in NXT you see how good things could be

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shame Harper and Rowan's reunion had been out on hiatus, would've fancied seeing them in the title hint. Two big bad ass brawlers would've been a cool throwback.

All three Wyatts have done nothing since they split for my money. For as good as the Shield have been booked, the Wyatt family were handled terribly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That's fair enough, but I find her intensely unlikable, and have hated the way she's flip flopped between face and heel depending on who she's faced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Omackeral wrote: »
    Shame Harper and Rowan's reunion had been out on hiatus, would've fancied seeing them in the title hint. Two big bad ass brawlers would've been a cool throwback.

All three Wyatts have done nothing since they split for my money. For as good as the Shield have been booked, the Wyatt family were handled terribly.

To be fair. Bray got a decent rumble match and faced The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Angron wrote: »
    That's fair enough, but I find her intensely unlikable, and have hated the way she's flip flopped between face and heel depending on who she's faced.

Can't blame her for that.

Womens division is never going anywhere until they sort this stupid flip flop booking out.

Can't blame her for that.

Womens division is never going anywhere until they sort this stupid flip flop booking out.

Except I don't find her remotely convincing in either role. She doesn't pull off either particularly well, and that's down to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Got tickets this morning to the Revolution Pro Wrestling's Global Wars UK show. Looks like a killer lineup so I'll make the trip to England for it. If anyone has been to a Rev Pro show before and has advice it'd be much appreciated.

Nice bro, what's the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Nice bro, what's the card?

So far the only announced match is Will Ospreay vs Kazuchika Okada but scheduled to appear are Nakamura, Tanahashi, AJ Styles, Tetsuya Naito, Jushin Liger, Kushida, Kojima, Tenzan, Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows, Gedo and Tiger Hatori(!). I know some of the matches will be on NJPW World. Looking forward to it, making a weekend of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just finished watching wrestlemania 7 and that main event between hulk and slaughter must have been the easiest thing for Vince and pat to come up with. I mean the American hero hogan against the Iraqi sympathiser slaughter and the Iraqi flag draped over hogan and the come back and the blood.

Also the hogan character I've come to dislike more as I've got older And hulk himself has just made it easier to dislike him. But real American and the American flag and its easy to see why at six I was a huge fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,495 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Have been meaning to post this for a while as when I don't stay up for RAW I watch it on Hulu.

This is the Fan Vince and the WWE aim for.

That's why we as fans will 90% of the time never get what we want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,749 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What a sheep of a fan ? He said he wasn't a wrestling fan but a WWE fan. I get that but as much as Vince and Kevin Dunn want to make it out to be sports entertainment, the fact remains if you watch WWE you are a wrestling fan whether you know it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Got tickets this morning to the Revolution Pro Wrestling's Global Wars UK show. Looks like a killer lineup so I'll make the trip to England for it. If anyone has been to a Rev Pro show before and has advice it'd be much appreciated.

I havent been, and won't be able to go until maybe til next year when my little girl is older, but it looks like a killer show.

BohsJohnny was going but he's not around here anymore. :(

• Advertisement

Smackdown was on in the pub last night, the place has gone under new management and apparently wrestling is on often at night. I cringed watching Randy Orton pound the ground for the RKO knowing that everyone else watching was probably baffled watching it.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Smackdown was on in the pub last night, the place has gone under new management and apparently wrestling is on often at night. I cringed watching Randy Orton pound the ground for the RKO knowing that everyone else watching was probably baffled watching it.

What pub was that?

My local pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What pub was that?
    My local pub.

Ah I know it well, a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I got barred out of there because I brought in my own cans and had them kept under my seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I got barred out of there because I brought in my own cans and had them kept under my seat.

You needed a brown paper bag brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Reading JR's latest Q&A and he wouldn't be surprised to see McGregor appear at wrestlemania.I can definitely see it happen maybe he could do something with balor or Seamus.

Once they don't have Sinead O'Conner wailing to "sing" him in, they can do what they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Reebrock wrote: »
    You needed a brown paper bag brother!
    If only I'd known that before I brought 12 Dutch Gold and a bottle of wine to a cinema.

• Advertisement

One could argue that Cliff Compton (AKA Domino) has one of the coolest names ever and it's also his real name!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement