Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[EVENT] Tri-Athy News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

AKW wrote: »
    If we get 17 degrees air temp people are complaining about dehydration on a run!!

Won't be anything close to that in the water, especially a fresh water river.

Racing 795 have their event in the Barrow two weeks before Athy to that will give an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just entered the Olympic. Have done the Olympic and Double Olympic there before, and loved the swim/cycle, wasn't mad about the run. This year there's a new run course, so want to see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

It says they give you a swim hat that's compulsory to wear, is this a Rubber one or a latex type one? Basically should I wear my own too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

The hats they give you are only so you know what wave you are in. They will have different colours for each wave. Generally they are a thin plastic-y type of hat. I'd nearly always wear my normal swim hat under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Own hat/goggles/race hat and that was the goggles don't get dislodged in the battle with other swimmers and your head stays nice and toasty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

AKW wrote: »
    If we get 17 degrees air temp people are complaining about dehydration on a run!!

Won't be anything close to that in the water, especially a fresh water river.

Yesterday in Carlow the Barrow was 12.4 !

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

Is there any transfers allowed for this race I know someone looking for a sprint entry .. I know it's sold out

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

noc231073 wrote: »
    Is there any transfers allowed for this race I know someone looking for a sprint entry .. I know it's sold out

Just been on the site, transfers are allowed.

http://my.triathy.ie/index.php/introduction/request-to-transfer-your-place-to-someone

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

Anyone ... Have a sprint place there not using ...????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

So, reading the race briefing for this today and realised I didn't put in an estimated swim time.
    I'm competent but don't want to be put in with the sharks. I registered on the TriAthy site instead of TI so didn't get an option to enter a swim time.
    Anyone have any idea how the waves pan out? I've no objection, to be honest, just curious

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

So, reading the race briefing for this today and realised I didn't put in an estimated swim time.
    I'm competent but don't want to be put in with the sharks. I registered on the TriAthy site instead of TI so didn't get an option to enter a swim time.
    Anyone have any idea how the waves pan out? I've no objection, to be honest, just curious

Waves are based on AG. Unless you're in for the double, in which case, you're in with everyone else.

I've been sick since Saturday and have been advised by two people to dump the race. :(
    Trying to convince myself today that I feel fine and I'll be ok...Austria is my race which is the only thing thats winning out here but I've just spent 100 quid to enter this bloody thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

I've been sick since Saturday and have been advised by two people to dump the race. :(
    Trying to convince myself today that I feel fine and I'll be ok...Austria is my race which is the only thing thats winning out here but I've just spent 100 quid to enter this bloody thing!

Sorry to hear that you have been sick. You still have a few more days to recover!
    I found this event last year to be a great confidence booster for IM. If you feel ok give it a shot but my advise would be that it is not worth long term health issues if you are still sick. A trip to the GP would set you back a hundred quid anyway.

Waves are based on AG. Unless you're in for the double, in which case, you're in with everyone else.

Cheers, hope you're feeling up to it but best not to risk it long term.
    I'm fending off a bug with little legs sneezing in my face all week but stubborness will get me through if it develops. And the post race curry

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭hamstervision

It looks like TriAthy has a numbered rack this year from the race briefing. Excellent news!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Did people get the race briefing via email?

Shedite27 wrote: »

Aye - well, a Dropbox link to the briefing anyway.

It looks like TriAthy has a numbered rack this year from the race briefing. Excellent news!! :)

Forgive my ignorance as I'm still a bit green but what was the racking plan before?
    Just curiosity but have visions of it being like Tesco with everyone parking by the door

Forgive my ignorance as I'm still a bit green but what was the racking plan before?
    Just curiosity but have visions of it being like Tesco with everyone parking by the door

:D Not far off it. Last year I arrived early and had almost the entire transition area to choose from. The problem was it was my second-ever race and I had no clue what direction I was going to be exiting transition from so I ended up changing my mind about 3 times after talking to people from my club but in the end picked spot at the end of a rack near the bike exit for T2. But yes, it was a first-come-first-served approach.

Shedite27 wrote: »

Lots on facebook got one. I got nothing. Nothing in my spam either. I got an email from them last week that other people didn't get. Sounds like their distribution list is a bit fu*ked up...

There is an option to defer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

Aye - well, a Dropbox link to the briefing anyway.

Cheers, I didn't get it either..

Race briefing has been added to the site now (via Twitter)
    http://my.triathy.ie/documents/TriAthy2015-RaceInfoPack-final.pdf

Oryx wrote: »
    There is an option to defer.

Thanks yeah checked that out, I'm too late for that unfortunately :(

Thanks yeah checked that out, I'm too late for that unfortunately :(

You may do it so!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Doing the sprint and transition isn't open until seven to collect my bike. Guess I'll have to find a high stool and a pint of Guinness whilst I wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭engol

Stevo1983 wrote: »
    Doing the sprint and transition isn't open until seven to collect my bike. Guess I'll have to find a high stool and a pint of Guinness whilst I wait.

Cocky ;) I like it. haha even I'm not that slow.

I think "open" means open to the public. I think you can get your bike and stuff once the last runner has left which is around maybe 1 hour 30 minutes at the latest, the front runners will have to wait a little while but not until 7.

I deferred but am still listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheKnockD15

I was in Athy today and the river is flowing fast, any idea if the olympic swim will go ahead as planned 605 up 895 down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I was in Athy today and the river is flowing fast, any idea if the olympic swim will go ahead as planned 605 up 895 down.

Oh dear god don't mention the war :eek:

It will be unlikely to change and I'd be of the opinion it's quite slow at the minute if we get the rain forecast over the next few days it'll be faster come Sat.

Advertisement