Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[EVENT] Tri-Athy News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mossym wrote: »
    so at 3.5 hours is longer than any other race i've done, including HIM/foreign races. Plus had to register before that, we had time to grab lunch between registration and transition opening

i'm not sure what your point is anyway. are you trying to tell me that my perception that i was waiting around all day to race is wrong? that's impressive. race organisers knowing how their customers(which is what they are after all) better than they know themselves.

i would never do the sprint in athy again as long as it is in the afternoon as it's a disaster logistically. getting your bike out of transition after 8pm with still the drive home to do doesn't appeal to me. i'd do the morning races no problem, the run isn't great, but it looks like that may be addressed, and other races are bad as well.

the late sprint starts though, no thanks.

Personally never had more than an hour wait in a race, any longer and just won't enter.

Interested to see the new run course. Wonder what the route is. Grass may not always be greener - any maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

so at 3.5 hours is longer than any other race i've done, including HIM/foreign races. Plus had to register before that, we had time to grab lunch between registration and transition opening

i'm not sure what your point is anyway. are you trying to tell me that my perception that i was waiting around all day to race is wrong? that's impressive. race organisers knowing how their customers(which is what they are after all) felt better than they know themselves.

i would never do the sprint in athy again as long as it is in the afternoon as it's a disaster logistically. getting your bike out of transition after 8pm with still the drive home to do doesn't appeal to me. i'd do the morning races no problem, the run isn't great, but it looks like that may be addressed, and other races are bad as well.

the late sprint starts though, no thanks.

I was just saying the time between transition opening and you're wave starting that's all, no more no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

shansey wrote: »
    i just tell her i'm having an affair.. much easier..

Right, I'm in for the Oly. Have to hope it's not cancelled now or I'll have to have an affair to cover up the first lie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kenn0

hi all
    anybody got any codes for race entry discount? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

anyone looking to get rid of their olympic entry for this...let me know.

Cheers

• Advertisement

anyone looking to get rid of their olympic entry for this...let me know.

Cheers

Entry still open for the Olympic on the site just now albeit up to €68.50 now?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Fiftyplus

Is there any doubt remaining re this event. I notice Trilogy are not marshalling this year, pity because they have always put on a good event in my opinion.

Fiftyplus wrote: »
    Is there any doubt remaining re this event. I notice Trilogy are not marshalling this year, pity because they have always put on a good event in my opinion.

All i can say is that i was contacted today by the organiser to confirm i'm still in place for May 30th so its full steam ahead. re Trilogy yes they are out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Half thinking of doing swim and bike of the double here as a good training day and ditching the run...or someone else has suggested cycling down and doing olympic. 4 weeks before IM...thoughts please knowledgeable ones? :)

edit 100 yoyos to enter. Ouch.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I did the whole thing before austria 2012, so the same timescale. It was fine.

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »

I'm worried about recovery time. I will say I'm going not to use it as a training day but I will race. :)
    3K swim and onto a longer bike is what is pulling me in. As it's on Saturday though, I can still get a long bike done the following day...

99.50 though...here Elvis, give us a discount code :D

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If youre worried about recovery time, dont ride the next day?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

If youre worried about recovery time, dont ride the next day?
    I'm worried about recovery time. I will say I'm going not to use it as a training day but I will race. :)
    3K swim and onto a longer bike is what is pulling me in. As it's on Saturday though, I can still get a long bike done the following day...

Half thinking of doing swim and bike of the double here as a good training day and ditching the run...or someone else has suggested cycling down and doing olympic. 4 weeks before IM...thoughts please knowledgeable ones? :)

The most important weekend of training for Austria and you want to d1ck around with an olympic......... off you go.

tunney wrote: »
    The most important weekend of training for Austria and you want to d1ck around with an olympic......... off you go.

Hence why I'm asking for thoughts :) One person recommended not doing double, cycle to athy and do olympic...I know of one other person doing Austria considering the olympic.

Elvis is dead..............;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Elvis is dead..............;)

Only very recently

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

AKW wrote: »

surely elvis has figured out to stop eating burgers at this stage..

surely elvis has figured out to stop eating burgers at this stage..

The signs are there

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

are people getting emails about this cause I haven't gotten any.. my name is up there alright..but other than that I've heard nowt..

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Let me know what you decide. Thinking of doing this before Roth as the long swim into the bike is tempting. Also it will be nice to have all those training buddies :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Stevo1983

Signed up for the sprint, I'll be waiting around a while before I get into the water it seems.
    Starts at 3:40.

shansey wrote: »
    are people getting emails about this cause I haven't gotten any.. my name is up there alright..but other than that I've heard nowt..

Have heard diddley squat myself. There was a video on Facebook today so maybe things will start moving now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Sprint race is now Sold Out according to their Facebook page

Sprint race is now Sold Out according to their Facebook page

Yes with the super sprint race on as well its limiting space this year i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

When talking about this race some are even mentioning neoprene swim cap - what water temperature can be expected for this race?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tom__jnr2

Last year was grand, around 17 degrees but was sunny and warm day so no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    When talking about this race some are even mentioning neoprene swim cap - what water temperature can be expected for this race?

You won't need one. It will be cool getting into the water at first but once you set off cold will be the last thing on your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

17 is more then decent actually - still cold as s*** but should be bearable...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

It won't be anywhere near 17C on May 30th this year - keep dreaming.

Still, OW swims aren't supposed to be easy or everyone would be doing them - just get in and suck it up or take up badminton.

• Advertisement

iAcesHigh wrote: »
    17 is more then decent actually - still cold as s*** but should be bearable...

If we get 17 degrees air temp people are complaining about dehydration on a run!!

Won't be anything close to that in the water, especially a fresh water river.

Advertisement