Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[EVENT] Tri-Athy News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Vincepl

Nanoc wrote: »
    It says on the race info pack handlebar plugs are part of the bike check? Would you be refused without them and if so how come? Line fell off recently

I lost one on the way to the Bo Peep last year and the marshal taped it up and sent me on my way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Nanoc wrote: »
    Ah no I've ordered proper ones from CRC but if they don't arrive today I'll pop into halfords...or rob the ones off the missus bike

just put some tape over the end of it.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Vincepl wrote: »
    I lost one on the way to the Bo Peep last year and the marshal taped it up and sent me on my way.

Tape isnt ideal tbh, and dont rely on marshals being that nice all the time. :) Also check your brakes, the number of people who rock up with their brakes released is mad :)

Oryx wrote: »
    Tape isnt ideal tbh, and dont rely on marshals being that nice all the time. :) Also check your brakes, the number of people who rock up with their brakes released is mad :)

very true, but done bike check at an NS race and was handed a roll of tape at the start to fix the missing bar ends:)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Anybody knows anything about water temperature at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

iAcesHigh wrote: »

Was in it last night , no idea of the temp but I wasn't cold at all ...

didn't you just race on sunday? you're expecting a difference in a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Vincepl wrote: »

Marshal won't have time to tape bar ends in the morning, over 1,000 people to get in to transition in the morning and again in the afternoon.

Oh and ignore the clown on the mic, he hasn't a clue;)

Its fine, trilogy were in the barrow last night and said it was grand !

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭shansey

Its fine, trilogy were in the barrow last night and said it was grand !

Grand eh?.. shockin weather for June Bank Hol..

I booked this when I heard everyone talking about how glorious the weather was every year!!

• Advertisement

shansey wrote: »

I booked this when I heard everyone talking about how glorious the weather was every year!!

This will be my 6th year involved with Triathy and i've seen worse weather and better.

The weather is the weather, just get out and enjoy the event:)

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭engol

This will be my 6th year involved with Triathy and i've seen worse weather and better.

The weather is the weather, just get out and enjoy the event:)

At least the weather is going to be the same for everyone. Well, everyone that starts early that is. That front is moving quicker and quicker every time a model runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

The weather in this country sucks. Always expect bad weather then you will never be disappointed. This morning honestly with the wind chill must have been 5 degrees. Nice February weather.

engol wrote: »
    At least the weather is going to be the same for everyone. Well, everyone that starts early that is. That front is moving quicker and quicker every time a model runs.

Wouldnt fancy doing the sprint in the pissing rain tomo :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

You racing tomorrow Bryan?

Yep olympic for me. U M?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yep olympic for me. U M?

Double. Maybe. We'll see what the weather is like in the morning. :D

If I'm feeling the cold i'll just need to go faster.. does anyone use arm warmers??

If I'm feeling the cold i'll just need to go faster.. does anyone use arm warmers??

Ya pussies;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Many people do use them. Given the forcast I would bring them.
    Ya pussies;):D

Cold on the course than in a DJ booth under layers and layers of clothing.

• Advertisement

A gilet is handy to cut the chill. If its less than warm I have to, I dont tolerate cold well.

Oryx wrote: »
    A gilet is handy to cut the chill. If its less than warm I have to, I dont tolerate cold well.

Toe warmers too

tunney wrote: »
    Toe warmers too
    I havent taken them off my shoes since last year!

Toe warmers too

its the feet that suffer on a cold course.. feels like I'm running the first few k on stumps

mossym wrote: »
    didn't you just race on sunday? you're expecting a difference in a week?

Lake and river aren't nearly the same thing, at least not where I'm coming from :) But I will assimilate!!! :pac::pac::pac:

Just saw the prizes for the olympic. Wow 700 partaking and 6 prizes in total for 1st,2nd & 3rd. They are bound to be whoppers!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Many people do use them. Given the forcast I would bring them.
    I've never worn them for a tri, do ya wear them under the westuit yeah? How do they hold up to the removing of the wetsuit in transition? Would imagine they'll just slide down the arm with the wetsuit no?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've never worn them for a tri, do ya wear them under the westuit yeah? How do they hold up to the removing of the wetsuit in transition? Would imagine they'll just slide down the arm with the wetsuit no?

Nope, stuffed somewhere in T1 and then put on while riding at speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Shedite27 wrote: »

Slide them onto the aerobars for storage and when settled on the bike slip them up your arms.

• Advertisement

Wow, just read race brief and this one is actually the biggest tri in Ireland? Didn't know that, nice :)

On the other hand, they seem to be quite strict with procedures, I'm especially concerned with:
    You may place items you need for transition alongside your bike, including racing equipment and small towels, etc. Please note, however, that large boxes and large bags are not permitted in transition on safety grounds and may be removed

So you guys won't use any box, just put your stuff on ground by the bike? Also, when you leave your stuff in transition you would take some nutrition and swimsuit+goggles+swimcap to briefing and then just wait for your wave (it's gonna be way more then an hour for me) already dressed up for swim? If so that's probably gonna be a drag, but happy to try...

I'm actually quite pumped for the race now so see you in Athy! :cool:

Advertisement