Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

Carnacalla wrote: »
    There's a 4th 757 due? What will it operate?

there a 5th to come as well! in 2019. unless of course EI move on the A321NeoLR in the mean time and the order changes. I assume they want the 757's to open up thinner routes and give EI more scope in terms of wides bodys. They hope to have 9 A350's eventually.4

page 20 http://corporate.aerlingus.com/investorrelations/regulatorynews/2014pressreleases/AerLingus_september_analyst_presentation.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I assume that the 4th will be based in DUB?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

zone 1 wrote: »
    more boeings.....fleet becoming old

And this will affect you how?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭zone 1

your right it wont affect me in anyway? i was just saying having 20 plus year old planes cost lot to run . i see there getting 767 20 plus years old . just wondering...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

your right it wont affect me in anyway? i was just saying having 20 plus year old planes cost lot to run . i see there getting 767 20 plus years old . just wondering...

Well the B757's are on a 4-5 year damp lease operation. So EI pay a flat rate and Air Contractors are dealing with the running costs of the B757's.
    And there really is no alternative to the B757's......B767/A330 is larger and thus harder to fill, A320/B737 dont have the range to compete with it...........
    .....at least until Airbus get the A321LR into the air.

The Omni B767 is a 12 week lease. So EI aren't 'running it' either.

I do get your point about older aircraft. The travelling public do look at aircraft age, not realising that this is less important with aviation than with ground transport. But if the alternative is leasing higher priced newer aircraft which mean higher tickets then the short term older aircraft are a good choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭zone 1

cheers tenger

Where's the capacity coming from for this short haul expansion? Or is or already left over capacity from the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Where's the capacity coming from for this short haul expansion? Or is or already left over capacity from the summer?

2 320's from the now terminated Virgin contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

Little Red ops I suppose? They have another due back, and the Agadir (summer only before?) and Liverpool routes are opening this winter, that should cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Snow Leopard

There's a general obsession nowadays with having the newest of everything.

Aircraft manufactured in 97-98 are not old aircraft. Certainly middle-aged, but not old. The vast majority of BA's long-haul frames for example were manufactured between 1990 and 2000, and the majority of these will continue operating well into the 2020s.

A rigorous maintenance programme combined with a cabin refurb every 8-10 years keep aircraft in excellent shape. Anyone who has flown the EI B757s will testify to this. And as mentioned above, there is simply no replacement for the B757 currently available. Without these aircraft the SNN operation would be long gone and it's highly unlikely that YYZ would ever operate over the winter. The A321neoLR will be a fantastic replacement though.

• Advertisement

Without these aircraft the SNN operation would be long gone

May I pick you out on a point there, I disagree with that. The SNN operation would not be operating at the current frequency and for JAN-MAR but it would still be operating!

Of course the 757 is a great aircraft and has helped make the SNN service more sustainable, but that particular statement is incorrect to a point.

May I pick you out on a point there, I disagree with that. The SNN operation would not be operating at the current frequency and for JAN-MAR but it would still be operating!

Of course the 757 is a great aircraft and has helped make the SNN service more sustainable, but that particular statement is incorrect to a point.

Probably best if SNN is discussed on a separate thread as it risks derailing this one.

Probably best if SNN is discussed on a separate thread as it risks derailing this one.

Would you like to discuss it in "Shannon Airport Thread 2014/15"?

I doubt there's much to discuss anyway.

Would you like to discuss it in "Shannon Airport Thread 2014/15"?

I doubt there's much to discuss anyway.

I suspect our opinions on this particular issue are irreconcilable, so let's leave it for today!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,939 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Out of interest, any of you dudes in the know aware as to what airframe will operate the EI544 tomorrow ? Cheers.

Strumms wrote: »
    Out of interest, any of you dudes in the know aware as to what airframe will operate the EI544 tomorrow ? Cheers.

I had a look at Flightradar to see if I could find a pattern, but no. Everyday is a mixture of A320's and A321's all with different reg's

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

According to the website, tomorrow will be an A320.

According to the website, tomorrow will be an A320.

I asked for the airframe not aircraft type.

I asked for the airframe not aircraft type.

EI-DEA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭olive20

more boeings.....fleet becoming old

No 4th 757 as of today I should say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

EI-CVA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Jack1985 wrote: »
    EI-CVA.

We have two different answers, now it gets interesting! :pac:

There will be a prize for whoever is right.. :p

Btw did CVA get repainted in the last week or two.. ? i noticed her as i was driving past as she was parked up in one of the hangers last week and she looked rather nice and shiny.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

olive20 wrote: »
    No 4th 757 as of today I should say

EI current plans will continue. So if the deal is done on the 4th B757 to add EI expanding capacity/routes then no reason for IAG to interfere.
    Of course the plans are always flexible so who knows what will happen in 6 months with EI.

I just made it up!

I just made it up!

Yes.. yes you did :p you unreliable .#^#^#^$ ;)

Pushing back on CVA now.. good man billie1b

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Yes.. yes you did :p you unreliable .#^#^#^$ ;)

Pushing back on CVA now.. good man billie1b

Excuse me where's my prize? :D
    Btw did CVA get repainted in the last week or two.. ? i noticed her as i was driving past as she was parked up in one of the hangers last week and she looked rather nice and shiny.

No idea, she'll need more than a new lick of paint to make her feel young again the old hag.

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Excuse me where's my prize? :D

No idea, she'll need more than a new lick of paint to make her feel young again the old hag.

Sorry Jack.. it was you not billie1b with the info.. thats what happens when you end up drinking Guinness at 8.30 in the morning waiting for your flight :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭billie1b

Sorry Jack.. it was you not billie1b with the info.. thats what happens when you end up drinking Guinness at 8.30 in the morning waiting for your flight :p

Dammit! And there's me thinking you were thanking me for such an awesome pushback :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

billie1b wrote: »
    Dammit! And there's me thinking you were thanking me for such an awesome pushback :D

This did go through my mind also in my confusion...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement