Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,819 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

EICVD wrote: »
    Titan probably, their 767 positioned in to DUB not so long ago

Wondered that when i saw it but its a 767 and parked well away from the advertised gate but thanks :)

flanzer wrote: »
    EIDEK - 320

thanks Flanzer !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

flanzer wrote: »
    He's off to BOS as the 139 at 16:15

Cheers, solves that 'mystery' :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Strumms wrote: »
    Also just got an sms this morning from EI basicially telling me to buy any food and drinks at the airport as for operational reasons there will be 'little or nothing' available on board.. which i found odd so far in advance.

Could be an issue with their catering section or the suppliers. Nice to get the heads up in a text I guess, better than finding out at check-in

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Also just got an sms this morning from EI basicially telling me to buy any food and drinks at the airport as for operational reasons there will be 'little or nothing' available on board.. which i found odd so far in advance.

Common practice when there is catering issues, better to let people know in advance so they can purchase something in the airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

EICVD wrote: »
    Cheers, solves that 'mystery' :)

And G-POWD brought EIN138 back this morning.

Tenger wrote: »
    Could be an issue with their catering section or the suppliers. Nice to get the heads up in a text I guess, better than finding out at check-in

Yep, better to get the heads up indeed. Anyway I asked one of the cabin crew about it and she just laughed and said she didn't know what that was about as they had plenty of everything. The new sliders on the menu and pretty tasty btw :pac:

Yep, better to get the heads up indeed. Anyway I asked one of the cabin crew about it and she just laughed and said she didn't know what that was about as they had plenty of everything. The new sliders on the menu and pretty tasty btw :pac:

I'm just home from my flight and I got no warning of catering issues from EI or at check in and there was absolutely nothing in the form of catering on the flight ! All there was was tap water that's it! No passengers were informed prior to departure

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Did they mix up the flights?

I saw the Titan at the gates when I was passing the airport earlier, it actually looks pretty nice with that livery. Is that the one that will be filling in all summer, or has it been decided?

Locker10a wrote: »
    I'm just home from my flight ........ and there was absolutely nothing in the form of catering on the flight ! All there was was tap water that's it! No passengers were informed prior to departure
    Bad show indeed.
    .........I saw the Titan at the gates when I was passing the airport earlier, it actually looks pretty nice with that livery. Is that the one that will be filling in all summer, or has it been decided?
    No. Its been confirmed that Omni will provide the B767 operating SNN-BOS for th 12 weeks in summer.

Titan are operating some flights for EI as the cabin refit ran into some problems in Feb (I think it was?) and is behind schedule. So it seems that EI are short an aircraft at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Unfortunately, there has been plenty of issues with catering in the last few weeks. I believe this is a 'shot across the bows' so to speak toward management from the caters following the dismissals of workers only in the last few days from the catering division as EI switches to ''All Day'' catering on short to mid haul flights. This works fine in procedure terms but in practice is anything but. Anyhow I would expect these issues will continue throughout April as EI review reports of catering issues aboard flights in an attempt to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

An interesting tidbit, read in a few places EI-DEO which is in Virgin colours at the moment is going to be painted in IRFU colours following the completion of the Virgin wet lease

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, there has been plenty of issues with catering in the last few weeks. I believe this is a 'shot across the bows' so to speak toward management from the caters following the dismissals of workers only in the last few days from the catering division as EI switches to ''All Day'' catering on short to mid haul flights. This works fine in procedure terms but in practice is anything but. Anyhow I would expect these issues will continue throughout April as EI review reports of catering issues aboard flights in an attempt to sort it out.

Aw I see that explains it ! Company I work for did the same thing last winter, things have been ok so far, at times it can be annoying as you run out of things from the bar on lates but this depends on the aircraft routing of the day! There are some aircraft that do early ALC then FAO then a late night ALC ! By the end of the day during busy summer months there is sweet FA! left in the bar !! Passengers are dissatisfied, it makes crews day that little bit more difficult and results in loss of revenue ! But reduces fuel burn( weight) and turn times and that's what gets the bean counters their bonuses !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

EI-CPG returns to service this Sunday (26-04-2015), after under-going heavy maintenance and updating in H6 since 25-10-2014,........

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Snow Leopard

Nice to see CPG returning to service. The A321s continue to serve EI well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Long time since we've seen one of those in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Even longer since they've been in Shannon!

roundymac wrote: »
    Long time since we've seen one of those in Cork.

I was on one to cork at xmas !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Jack1985 wrote: »
    EI-CPG returns to service this Sunday (26-04-2015), after under-going heavy maintenance and updating in H6 since 25-10-2014,........

Wow, 6 months off the line....... Did they rebuild it? An "e" check 😄😄

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lateconnection

When is EI-EWR returning to Dublin from Bordeaux?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

duskyjoe wrote: »

It was in storage in H6 for a while and then went to Dublin Aerospace fore base maintenance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

duskyjoe wrote: »

Winter schedules don't require as many aircraft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Anyone know why the Boston Flight is a B757 today?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Presumably because the last A330 is getting the new seats fitted and being checked?

lxflyer wrote: »
    Presumably because the last A330 is getting the new seats fitted and being checked?

Plus there could be a spare 757 available for this rotation rather than hire in.

lxflyer wrote: »

This I dont get. They currently have 7 A330 in DUB. The 8th A330 (curently in BOD) is to allow the start of DUB-IAD and the additional MCO and SFO flights.....this doesn't kick it till May 1st.
    I can understand hire-ins and aircraft subs in Feb/Mar when they had 2 A330 out of service. Even the hire-ins in early April can be attributed to the overall delay in the refit (original plan was for 7 to be done by end of March)

Of course the B757 subbing could be just due to low loads and a tech issue with an A330.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

It was always rostered as a 757.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

It was always rostered as a 757.

No

In fact EWR and DAA are both in BOD so still short 330 , EWR due back this week, DAA 5 or 6 May

Overrun on the re configure of flat bed seats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 929 ✭✭✭JCTO

Long time lurker of this forum. I recently flew on the Omni 767-300 from Boston on Saturday and they are old. No screens on the back of seats and the interior is old. Seats rattle a lot and the interior is in need of a good makeover. I fly a lot and it had to be the oldest interior I have seen a long time. Seats are also crammed into the plane also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭ProfessorPlum

A319er wrote: »
    No

In fact EWR and DAA are both in BOD so still short 330 , EWR due back this week, DAA 5 or 6 May

Overrun on the re configure of flat bed seats

It was planned as long as a month ago as a 757 - hence my answer to Tenger's question that it may be due to a tech issue or low loads. So, yes. 'Always' maybe was the wrong choice of word. The refit has been behind schedule for months now, so it hasn't come as a surprise to the fleet planners. There's a huge amount of wastage atm with crews positioning around the place. It's shocking really, but I'm sure the bonuses will be paid none the less.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement