Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/Routes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭A319er

Some plan ! A summer of mayhem on the way it's amazing how those bonus payments get paid and let's not go there with no pre order meals
    Until July ! Me thinks IAG could make serious money with EI

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭knockon

JCTO wrote: »
    Long time lurker of this forum. I recently flew on the Omni 767-300 from Boston on Saturday and they are old. No screens on the back of seats and the interior is old. Seats rattle a lot and the interior is in need of a good makeover. I fly a lot and it had to be the oldest interior I have seen a long time. Seats are also crammed into the plane also.

BOS - SNN is being served with a 767-200. all with individual IFE

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

A319er wrote: »
    In fact EWR and DAA are both in BOD so still short 330.....

Overrun on the re configure of flat bed seats

Ah, I see. I thought -DAA had been down and back already.
    That would explain the problem. I thought the 7th currently required had been refitted. (With EWR needed from this weekend)

(I had heard that the company in BOD had problems with the first 2 refits, which has caused the knock on delays...hope EI have a compensation clause0

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Lockheed

JCTO wrote: »
    Long time lurker of this forum. I recently flew on the Omni 767-300 from Boston on Saturday and they are old. No screens on the back of seats and the interior is old. Seats rattle a lot and the interior is in need of a good makeover. I fly a lot and it had to be the oldest interior I have seen a long time. Seats are also crammed into the plane also.

the omni airs are generally used to get troops in/out of places, probably explains it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,111 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lockheed wrote: »
    the omni airs are generally used to get troops in/out of places, probably explains it

No, not like they are leased elsewhere as well, in Ireland and the U.S.A.

• Advertisement

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Flew Paris to dublin on one of the ex virgin Atlantic a320s during the week. Still in virgins colours

Saw it posted elsewhere that she flew to SNN for repainting today

EI DAA back today, good news now that IAD starts tomorrow!

EI DAA back today, good news now that IAD starts tomorrow!

IAD starts tomorrow? My god I lost track of time!

Tenger wrote: »
    Saw it posted elsewhere that she flew to SNN for repainting today

Do a Twitter search for #greenspirit @aerlingus tweeted a picture of new livery to be applied.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Do a Twitter search for #greenspirit @aerlingus tweeted a picture of new livery to be applied.

That's excellent! And there was a flypast at the Aviva too?

https://twitter.com/AerLingus/status/593792293947219969

CD2mLQRXIAAF6Cv.jpg:large

Imagine that bringing the lads to England in September for RWC :)

Edit: Nevermind, no flypast. Just a joke on Big Devin Toner :pac:

https://twitter.com/AerLingus/status/593830727088807936

• Advertisement

Is that A320 an addition to the fleet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Carnacalla wrote: »

It's one of the ex Little Red 320s, DEO IIRC

Carnacalla wrote: »

EI-DEO coming back from the Little Red lease.

I understand (and already knew :) ) that, but will it be an addition to the mainline EI fleet?

I presume so. I remember reading that it was due to enter service later in the month.

What will happen with the ones that will come out of the virgin contract in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,820 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I don't think anyone has mentioned here that they know for sure unless some more info has come to light, one of the other three aircraft was leased from the EI fleet directly EI-DEI.. So one might assume that like DEO will rejoin the fleet. The other two were brought in specially for the Little Red contract so who knows. September is heading into the off peak season so unless there is much heavy maintenance scheduled throughout the system I wouldn't imagine EI will require the extra airframes so who know... Maybe someone ? Anyone ? :p

Strumms wrote: »
    .... one of the other three aircraft was leased from the EI fleet directly EI-DEI.. So one might assume that like DEO will rejoin the fleet. The other two were brought in specially for the Little Red contract so who knows. ...Maybe someone ? Anyone ? :p
    I too would expect EI to return the other 2 to the leasor (with Virgin picking up any early return fee's)

I hope the 320's are kept and this then hastens the exit of the 319!x4,,I think EI is just too small to have three types of 320 , causes considerable disruption at times when one type is subbed for another due WX maintenance, disruption

I hope the 320's are kept and this then hastens the exit of the 319!x4,,I think EI is just too small to have three types of 320 , causes considerable disruption at times when one type is subbed for another due WX maintenance, disruption

Other carriers manage with a 20%/60%/20% split i their fleet. I haven't heard for too much problems with this in EI. The A319's are mainly in BFS and SNN,with the A321 in DUB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

-DEO

SNN-DUB 2130L Sat 9th

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

b757 wrote: »
    -DEO

SNN-DUB 2130L Sat 9th

Alway under the cover of darkness, the bastards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 2015LC1

Will the current seating on DEO be changed for EI service since the seats weren't the normal shade?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

2015LC1 wrote: »
    Will the current seating on DEO be changed for EI service since the seats weren't the normal shade?

Considering the 2? 4? 319s and 2 320s still with Iberia seats, I'd suspect not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Who cares about the seats, do we get to keep the Virgin mood lighting?

L1011 wrote: »
    Considering the 2? 4? 319s and 2 320s still with Iberia seats, I'd suspect not.

I believe they changed the 2 A320 (-EDS, -EDP) after about a year......no chnages so far on the A319 however.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Was done weeks ago in Dublin,cabin lighting also changed to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Razor44

I believe they changed the 2 A320 (-EDS, -EDP) after about a year......no chnages so far on the A319 however.

having been on EDP back from FAO last summer (late late flight hence the 319), i wouldn't want to repeat it. i found the seat very uncomfortable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Was on one of the 320s in March, same seats just spaced properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

All short-haul aircraft will undergo a cabin refit this coming winter, allowing for installation of WiFi and enhanced Business product offering on popular routes LHR/LGW/AMS/CDG/ZRH/GVA. Unfortunately the mood lighting was removed from DEO when the standard cabin was re-installed, but who knows maybe moodlighting will make an appearance during the winter re-fits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement