Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Undergod wrote: »
    I read it as "...related to this person. [This person] who needs punctuation.", so no.
    Then there shouldn't have been a full stop after person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Another pretty hateful status but it's the comments that got me...
    It started off as a serious enough one but I saw it quickly descend into what the real issue was..

My girlfriend has been applying for what very little jobs are around the place the last number of weeks and hasn't even been given a reply, she applied for social welfare payment and was refused any payment what so ever as she is living with me, her 22 year old boyfriend, apparently we're both meant to live off my wage, an apprenticeship rate which due to the amount of tax in this country, is about 500 a week, and to top it all off she received a letter this morning from the social welfare office telling her that they looked into her case and she actually owes them money?? Can you please tell me what's going on in this country to say that every forgein national receives what ever payment they apply for, and it might just be me but from what iv noticed there are more forgein people working in shops than irish, and a 22 year old apprentice is expected to not only survive off his own wages and fend for himself but he's expected to be able to feed and clothe his girlfriend as she can't even get a brown penny from social welfare and at the same time being denied the right to a medical Card even tho he has chronic asthma and regularly has to go to the doctors and pay through the nose for a doctor to simply tell him for the 1000 time, "you have asthma, u need an inhaler, that will b €50 please". This country is a disgrace and it's only worse it's getting, I'm shamed of my life to say I'm irish, this has to be without a doubt one of the worst countries to live in!

This is a taste of comments:

"Backwards it's going, they're giving it to the wrong people!"
    "I'll paint her black and she'll have it in the morning"
    "I was at the hospital the other day nd there was 2 children der with der dad dey had a medical card plus each of them had up to date phones plus wait for it n apple I pad nd all of them had Internet while i had a ****ed up phone nd no Internet gas isn't it and they were no more than 11"
    "Were dey black?"
    "Yip"
    "That explains it."

A comment that started alright, one I would've agreed with, if she finished it a sentence early...

"They'd make up anything not give her money ! Absolute disgrace ! Blacks getting all the jobs and money then"

The comments moved on from then to... The big issue.

"Where forgetting them big issiue selling romans place is flooded with dem"

After this it's back to taking the moral high ground:

"It's bull****, when did being Irish in Ireland make us the minority."

Then a sudden realization from a frequent commentor;

"This is what started the Nazi's"

Earlier commentor returns with some words of wisdom:

"Those romian mogs has up to date cars grand house all of um live together plus they wash cars sell that stupid magazine nd rob the eye outta ur head"

Someone with a little more cop on comments but does little to turn the tide;

"That's actually scandalous the right for them now us shame them alive go on the radio with it but to be fair it's not the blacks fault or any other foreigner it's this **** hole of a country !"

Then we have the winner, a passer by sees a post that strikes her interest and leaves this;

"I don't know u but I know *mutual friend* well,the polls blacks browns lits lats and not forgetting the thieving Romanians I'm in same boat I can't work cause of a personal problem,but they haunt me weekly.it's a disgrace!"

Apologies for length, tried to make it easier to read.
    Looking past the spelling mistakes, I think we understand there's a bigger issue here, but I honestly didn't think racism was such an issue. These are people openly talking about it on a public site and worse, a lot of the 'worse' comments were grown adults.
    As someone studying sociology, I find it both interesting and deeply disturbing that I was so ignorant to the fact, but I suppose to get a reaction, you have to cause a stir...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Bleedin fordiners coming over here taking the jobs we don't want!

valoren wrote: »
    I guess it's an expression thing. Think someone saying they want a 'Hododdy' but really it's Hot Toddy.

God-Help-Us
    Got-elp-us
    Got-elp-is
    t-elp-is

I've just figured out wanna using your method.

Want to
    Wantto
    Wantta
    Wanta
    Wana
    Wanna

Another pretty hateful status but it's the comments that got me...
    It started off as a serious enough one but I saw it quickly descend into what the real issue was..

My girlfriend has been applying for what very little jobs are around the place the last number of weeks and hasn't even been given a reply, she applied for social welfare payment and was refused any payment what so ever as she is living with me, her 22 year old boyfriend, apparently we're both meant to live off my wage, an apprenticeship rate which due to the amount of tax in this country, is about 500 a week, and to top it all off she received a letter this morning from the social welfare office telling her that they looked into her case and she actually owes them money?? Can you please tell me what's going on in this country to say that every forgein national receives what ever payment they apply for, and it might just be me but from what iv noticed there are more forgein people working in shops than irish, and a 22 year old apprentice is expected to not only survive off his own wages and fend for himself but he's expected to be able to feed and clothe his girlfriend as she can't even get a brown penny from social welfare and at the same time being denied the right to a medical Card even tho he has chronic asthma and regularly has to go to the doctors and pay through the nose for a doctor to simply tell him for the 1000 time, "you have asthma, u need an inhaler, that will b €50 please". This country is a disgrace and it's only worse it's getting, I'm shamed of my life to say I'm irish, this has to be without a doubt one of the worst countries to live in!

This is a taste of comments:

"Backwards it's going, they're giving it to the wrong people!"
    "I'll paint her black and she'll have it in the morning"
    "I was at the hospital the other day nd there was 2 children der with der dad dey had a medical card plus each of them had up to date phones plus wait for it n apple I pad nd all of them had Internet while i had a ****ed up phone nd no Internet gas isn't it and they were no more than 11"
    "Were dey black?"
    "Yip"
    "That explains it."

A comment that started alright, one I would've agreed with, if she finished it a sentence early...

"They'd make up anything not give her money ! Absolute disgrace ! Blacks getting all the jobs and money then"

The comments moved on from then to... The big issue.

"Where forgetting them big issiue selling romans place is flooded with dem"

After this it's back to taking the moral high ground:

"It's bull****, when did being Irish in Ireland make us the minority."

Then a sudden realization from a frequent commentor;

"This is what started the Nazi's"

Earlier commentor returns with some words of wisdom:

"Those romian mogs has up to date cars grand house all of um live together plus they wash cars sell that stupid magazine nd rob the eye outta ur head"

Someone with a little more cop on comments but does little to turn the tide;

"That's actually scandalous the right for them now us shame them alive go on the radio with it but to be fair it's not the blacks fault or any other foreigner it's this **** hole of a country !"

Then we have the winner, a passer by sees a post that strikes her interest and leaves this;

"I don't know u but I know *mutual friend* well,the polls blacks browns lits lats and not forgetting the thieving Romanians I'm in same boat I can't work cause of a personal problem,but they haunt me weekly.it's a disgrace!"

Apologies for length, tried to make it easier to read.
    Looking past the spelling mistakes, I think we understand there's a bigger issue here, but I honestly didn't think racism was such an issue. These are people openly talking about it on a public site and worse, a lot of the 'worse' comments were grown adults.
    As someone studying sociology, I find it both interesting and deeply disturbing that I was so ignorant to the fact, but I suppose to get a reaction, you have to cause a stir...

Reminds me of people I know who made up one of those "a black man tried to force our kid into his van" a few years back.

Their Facebook page was flooded with messages about "black bxxxxxds". I think I was the only one who wanted to put my hand up and point out that surely the main issue in their entirely made up story was his implied paedophilia, not the colour of his skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

apparently we're both meant to live off my wage, an apprenticeship rate which due to the amount of tax in this country, is about 500 a week

€2,000 a month after tax at 22 years of age is pretty decent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Just your bog standard plea for attention and 'you ok hun' type replies, mega lame.

Hate bein sick feel like crap

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭spud82

"Am feeling crazy Tanx to ****** who left me a chicken curry from last night in da fridge it made a lovely brekky lol lol"

Than she liked her own status AAAGGHHHHHHHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

spud82 wrote: »
    "Am feeling crazy Tanx to ****** who left me a chicken curry from last night in da fridge it made a lovely brekky lol lol"

Than she liked her own status AAAGGHHHHHHHHHH

She'll have a curry arse later on :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Whatcha looking at bro?
    (The Leaf Monkey)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

She'll have a curry arse later on :pac:

Can't wait for the curry arse selfie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭lizzyman

valoren wrote: »
    I guess it's an expression thing. Think someone saying they want a 'Hododdy' but really it's Hot Toddy.

Hodor!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Fame and Demise

rawn wrote: »

"I have a strong feeling that all of you fine people do not like me because I am very attractive. I find this quite humorous. I sense that you are all envious of my possessions. The life that I am living has been good to me, I can promise you that because I and the fine gent, Tuggie eat at the Golden Corral establishment four nights out of the week. We also have bank accounts, and Tuggie received a rather handsome compensatory sum after he was struck by a bus piloted by an inebriated driver. Tuggie received one and a half million dollars, and therefore we have no cause to venture beyond our doorstep, where we enjoy liqueur and only the finest cigars. We are grateful to have our health and well-being, and I invite all of you to reflect on this"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

rawn wrote: »
    Oh my god! She has invented a new language. It has no syntax. I couldn't even begin....

"I have a strong feeling that all of you fine people do not like me because I am very attractive. I find this quite humorous. I sense that you are all envious of my possessions. The life that I am living has been good to me, I can promise you that because I and the fine gent, Tuggie eat at the Golden Corral establishment four nights out of the week. We also have bank accounts, and Tuggie received a rather handsome compensatory sum after he was struck by a bus piloted by an inebriated driver. Tuggie received one and a half million dollars, and therefore we have no cause to venture beyond our doorstep, where we enjoy liqueur and only the finest cigars. We are grateful to have our health and well-being, and I invite all of you to reflect on this"
    Well done old chap, what a first rate translation.

This thread makes me want to add so many of the great unwashed on Facebook just so I can post their drivel here :)

Can neone give me a link to 1 of the things so my proiler pic can saport the equality vote lads, before 12 and lads telpis they dezerve a day out they'd give us a madd laff and all

Can neone give me a link to 1 of the things so my proiler pic can saport the equality vote lads, before 12 and lads telpis they dezerve a day out they'd give us a madd laff and all

I think I'd give them a pass for that since they're voting Yes and all.

lizzyman wrote: »
    I think I'd give them a pass for that since they're voting Yes and all.

Ya feel mean now :( Just saw it on one of the lads profiles being reposted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

No wonder there is such a high unemployment rate if this is the level of English people have.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

There seems to be a high correlation between people writing some of the dumbest sh1t imaginable and not being able to spell for tuppence.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

From the same beaut as the other day:

"I just woke up and I realised I am with X 3 years and in that time he has done noting but love me every day yes everybody has highs and lows and he would talk to the devil that's just my X but do you know what I do love the life out of him as he is going to be the father of my baby and a good one at that.
    We have a house we got our self's on track my baby girl is over to see me in a few weeks �� some mother daughter time b4 Y comes. Now just waiting on my son konnor to get his ass over here with my beautiful grandson. And also I am not forgetting Vinny one day you will know about them all what are you going to say about that bitch Vinny will always be welcome in our family and there is sweet **** all you can do about that just wounder how in 12 years from now how are you going to tell him you kept a secret from like that he has two brothers and a sister and maybe one more if I have my way KAMA bitch you will see for all your lies and and what you done to your child your not fit to be a mother well you lie bitch yeah (boyfriends ex’s name) you wonke eye parasite it will never end you **** to many people know X and only like you because him the amount of people who hate you is unreal really what the **** did he see in you 2 foot tall like a beach wale cant have kids natural blind in one eye can you blame him taking drugs and drink from what I was told when people hear your voice you would need drink and drugs well that just come out of nowhere hormones hehehehe"

niallo32 wrote: »

"I just woke up and I realised I am with X 3 years and in that time he has done noting but love me every day yes everybody has highs and lows and he would talk to the devil that's just my X but do you know what I do love the life out of him as he is going to be the father of my baby and a good one at that.
    We have a house we got our self's on track my baby girl is over to see me in a few weeks �� some mother daughter time b4 Y comes. Now just waiting on my son konnor to get his ass over here with my beautiful grandson. And also I am not forgetting Vinny one day you will know about them all what are you going to say about that bitch Vinny will always be welcome in our family and there is sweet **** all you can do about that just wounder how in 12 years from now how are you going to tell him you kept a secret from like that he has two brothers and a sister and maybe one more if I have my way KAMA bitch you will see for all your lies and and what you done to your child your not fit to be a mother well you lie bitch yeah (boyfriends ex’s name) you wonke eye parasite it will never end you **** to many people know X and only like you because him the amount of people who hate you is unreal really what the **** did he see in you 2 foot tall like a beach wale cant have kids natural blind in one eye can you blame him taking drugs and drink from what I was told when people hear your voice you would need drink and drugs well that just come out of nowhere hormones hehehehe"

Well that escalated fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Jesus.

I don't know of ANYONE on my list of fb friends who posts things like this. I never have anything to post!

She reminds me of that episode in Father Ted "Fire me?!? I made the BBC!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

wonke eye parasite

Is that an Eagle Eye Cherry tribute act?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

''2 foot tall like a beach wale, wonke eye parasite. The number of people who hate you is unreal''
    Am I wrong to assume these two people aren't necessarily soul-mates. and may have had some disagreements in the past?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Top marks :D!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement