Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

denis o brien takes out yet another high court action, this time against RTE/Pravda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,766 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

FalconGirl wrote: »
    I'm concerned that social media will be silenced soon. Labours Lorraine Higgins bill for example to silence 'trolls' when she is one of the biggest trolls on twitter herself.

It already happens... have a look at the news reports on this on breakingnews.ie and thejournal.ie - comments sections on both disabled.

I'm actually surprised this thread has run as long as it has TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

don't buy the sun indo, topaz, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Don't drink water

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

I'm concerned that social media will be silenced soon. Labours Lorraine Higgins bill for example to silence 'trolls' when she is one of the biggest trolls on twitter herself.

Exactly, that tool pat rabbitte and poor old lorraine higgins are bringing it forward. Id say not many people are aware of that bill and its repercussions..

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    It already happens... have a look at the news reports on this on breakingnews.ie and thejournal.ie - comments sections on both disabled.

Yeah anything to do with denis o'brien on those news websites the comments are always disabled, its not a headline story on the independents website..well I wonder why! The power that sc*mbag has is sickening..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

How normal is it for court judgements to be redacted?

Very suspicious

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    Don't drink water

... but don't forget to vote FG next year!! :rolleyes:

Of course given the recent opinion polls it's likely that they'll win next time around anyway... if that does happen, between them and "Uncle Denis" who knows where this country will be in 5 years!

"But, but... the Recovery" I hear FG supporters say - you mean the one that has more to do with FDI policies that are around a lot longer than the current Government? The one created by the private sector thanks to a bit of an upswing in the global economy?.. although I'll grant ye that it's easy to get confused given how Enda and senior cabinet ministers are wheeled out to claim credit for the opening of every postage stamp!

That few quid they (generously!) gave you in the Budget? Don't expect that to last long when the IW subsidy/capping expires, when the new Broadcast Tax goes in and they introduce mandatory Health Insurance

The only thing FG/LAB have really done is prove themselves to be just as bad as their predecessors.. and that's no small achievement! The only reason we haven't seen more of their own brand of cronyism, corruption and incompetence is because they only get elected when FF need a hiding!

We've had a fresh reminder again today though of what they stand for but just as I'm not surprised with today's verdict, nor will I be surprised when they form the next Government.

So yep.. vote FG for 5 more years of Jobs for the Boys, Enda hiding from debate or shouting at SF like a schoolchild, and more erosion of our rights, press freedom, and public services.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

See what you can do when you have a Government in your back pocket!

Enda Kenny you ****ing coward!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Fair play to Dennis o Brien on winning his case against rte. He did it for the good of the people. We have a right to privacy and have our banking affairs kept private.

Thank you Dennis.

Fair play to Dennis o Brien on winning his case against rte. He did it for the good of the people. We have a right to privacy and have our banking affairs kept private.

Thank you Dennis.

*looks at poster's username..... reads post again..... not sure if serious....*

jmayo wrote: »
    can't decide if this should be filed under gullible or vested interest ?

You see you were doing quiet well until you reminded me of your fianna fail connection.

This judegment is a fooking joke.
    More of the same.

First NAMA and now IBRC can basically feather the nests of connected ones at the taxpayers expense all the while hiding behind the excuses of confidentiality and privacy. :mad:

We have had the myriad of connected bwankers, developers, public body ceos of fianna fail replaced by really just one utlra rich media owning maltese based ex Tony Ryan lackie.

So much for cleaning things up :mad:
    All they seem to have done is cut the number of snouts at the trough and not cut the swill in it.

I once had a lot of respect for alan dukes, but there is an odious stench about anything he is around over the last few years.

Who's Fianna fail connection?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Im confused, I thought rte was part of the Meeja that is owned by FG and enda?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

As expected. The sooner people wake up and smell the coffee the better for the country.

we're still waiting
    Birneybau wrote: »
    http://www.thejournal.ie/denis-o-brien-judgement-2116068-May2015/

Got away with it again...

This should get people out on the bloody streets.

it's raining down here for god sake
    The tax payers are good enough to pay IBRC debts, including uncle Dennys haircuts, but aren't deemed important enough to know why they had to pay them.

Considering siteserv are in the midst of this, as Dennis bought them on a debt free basis, provided by the Irish taxpayers, then soon after got given a large state contract to install meters, I expect tend of thousands now to show the govt how they feel about corruption by refusing to pay their water charges.

Irish water and siteserv are inextricably linked.

haircuts for the Irish sheeple and the Credit Unions only, the rest all got paid back in full, by the Irish sheeple, baaaaaaaa

so am i, 10000 views, fu dinny!! :p
    corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Exactly, that tool pat rabbitte and poor old lorraine higgins are bringing it forward. Id say not many people are aware of that bill and its repercussions..

Yeah anything to do with denis o'brien on those news websites the comments are always disabled, its not a headline story on the independents website..well I wonder why! The power that sc*mbag has is sickening..
    ... but don't forget to vote FG next year!! :rolleyes:

Of course given the recent opinion polls it's likely that they'll win next time around anyway... if that does happen, between them and "Uncle Denis" who knows where this country will be in 5 years!

"But, but... the Recovery" I hear FG supporters say - you mean the one that has more to do with FDI policies that are around a lot longer than the current Government? The one created by the private sector thanks to a bit of an upswing in the global economy?.. although I'll grant ye that it's easy to get confused given how Enda and senior cabinet ministers are wheeled out to claim credit for the opening of every postage stamp!

That few quid they (generously!) gave you in the Budget? Don't expect that to last long when the IW subsidy/capping expires, when the new Broadcast Tax goes in and they introduce mandatory Health Insurance

The only thing FG/LAB have really done is prove themselves to be just as bad as their predecessors.. and that's no small achievement! The only reason we haven't seen more of their own brand of cronyism, corruption and incompetence is because they only get elected when FF need a hiding!

We've had a fresh reminder again today though of what they stand for but just as I'm not surprised with today's verdict, nor will I be surprised when they form the next Government.

So yep.. vote FG for 5 more years of Jobs for the Boys, Enda hiding from debate or shouting at SF like a schoolchild, and more erosion of our rights, press freedom, and public services.

if FG get back in again, which i doubt tbh, there will be riots! i reckon they'll be wiped out like ff and the greens but don't ask me who's going to make up a government so cos i sure as hell can't begin to work that out. all i know is people will be well pissed by this time next year and that's a guaranteed fact, i could see it coming with fianna fail, bubbling away month after month, it's the very same here afaic, grab the popcorn for the time being.

that said if the weather suddenly got better and the temperatures got sticky we could see the need to call back the government from their fancy summer holidays to deal with the country taking no more of their $hit

I think we'll see a serious run of independents in the next generals, the likes of which we've never seen before in this country, just look at how the locals went the last time, loads of new heads out there and a lot of fresh blood was injected into the local power, it will be more of the same in the next generals, lots of lefty, more honest than previous tds, not squeeky clean cos we're only human but hopefully not as blatant as the current lot. thats' how I see the next 12 months playing out now anyway, those who feel they can actually make a difference have to be eyeing up what's going on now and fancying their chances,

there will be lots and lots of nutters thinking they might get in which may call for a second and maybe even a third voting card to be printed just to fit all the choices, but sense will fair out in the end and we may just be lucky enough to elect a load of qualified people who have a definite right to be in government, for a change.

that's my 2 cents

we're still waiting

it's raining down here for god sake

haircuts for the Irish sheeple and the Credit Unions only, the rest all got paid back in full, by the Irish sheeple, baaaaaaaa

so am i, 10000 views, fu dinny!! :p

if FG get back in again, which i doubt tbh, there will be riots! i reckon they'll be wiped out like ff and the greens but don't ask me who's going to make up a government so cos i sure as hell can't begin to work that out. all i know is people will be well pissed by this time next year and that's a guaranteed fact, i could see it coming with fianna fail, bubbling away month after month, it's the very same here afaic, grab the popcorn for the time being.

that said if the weather suddenly got better and the temperatures got sticky we could see the need to call back the government from their fancy summer holidays to deal with the country taking no more of their $hit

I think we'll see a serious run of independents in the next generals, the likes of which we've never seen before in this country, just look at how the locals went the last time, loads of new heads out there and a lot of fresh blood was injected into the local power, it will be more of the same in the next generals, lots of lefty, more honest than previous tds, not squeeky clean cos we're only human but hopefully not as blatant as the current lot. thats' how I see the next 12 months playing out now anyway, those who feel they can actually make a difference have to be eyeing up what's going on now and fancying their chances,

there will be lots and lots of nutters thinking they might get in which may call for a second and maybe even a third voting card to be printed just to fit all the choices, but sense will fair out in the end and we may just be lucky enough to elect a load of qualified people who have a definite right to be in government, for a change.

that's my 2 cents

Apart from Irish water what has the government actually got wrong?

JustTheOne wrote: »

I can add one or three something along the lines of, 'not a chance the 'temporary' USC charge will be removed'.

The AGS scandal

Jobs-bridge

are three, feel free to add there are plenty more to go around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Delivering new politics for one.

Enda the coward sacking the Garda commissioner!

Rehab scandal!

The deaths of the Babies in Portlaoise hospital!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Not a lot probably, but then again not fcuking up should be a baseline, not a target.

A weak opposition is carte blanche for corruption.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

paddy likes to know*

*except about Dob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

noway12345 wrote: »
    It's crazy that this man has supporters. What's wrong with people? He's earned billions coming from a highly suspect deal, he doesn't pay tax here, he gets awarded contracts from his pals in government, this isn't the first time he's silenced people from talking about his dubious affairs, the list goes on.

Its all legal big business dont you know. Something us mere mortals know nothing about.
    Move along folks, nothing to see here.

TallGlass wrote: »
    I can add one or three something along the lines of, 'not a chance the 'temporary' USC charge will be removed'.

The AGS scandal

Jobs-bridge

are three, feel free to add there are plenty more to go around

Jobs bridge?

There is 4,000 people on jobs bridge what's the problem?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Can you imagine how much further the average person's head would be in the sand regarding stuff like this if it wasn't for the internet? Seriously, most of us wouldn't have a fuking clue since we'd only get information that's basically approved by someone else through the media.

Jobs bridge?

That's your problem right there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Changing what were known to be illegal promissory notes in less than 48 hours ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Jobs bridge?

Why cant they be paid positions I wonder ? Less than 10% on SW now time to get rid of all these free labour schemes. There is loads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

Enda the coward sacking the Garda commissioner!
    Delivering new politics for one.
    Rehab scandal!
    The deaths of the Babies in Portlaoise hospital!
    Changing what were known to be illegal promissory notes in less than 48 hours ;)

Crikey. Talk about praising with faint damnation.

This sequence is a huge endorsement and compliment to our government.

If this is the best people jump to to criticise their govt, then we are truly blessed with the quality of ours. Any even modern western democratic country would be delighted to think these were the worst charges that could be levelled at their politicos.

If this is the best people jump to to criticise their govt, then we are truly blessed with the quality of ours. Any even modern western democratic country would be delighted to think these were the worst charges that could be levelled at their politicos.

You think babies dying in a hospital, because of the inaction of the then health minister james reilly and fine gael is something to be proud of.

Even for a government apologist, that is pretty sickening!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

http://giphy.com/gifs/mmYy42RNrgA0w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭54and56

You think babies dying in a hospital, because of the inaction of the then health minister james reilly and fine gael is something to be proud of.

Even for a government apologist, that is pretty sickening!

It's so easy to be a hurler on the ditch, giving out when things go wrong but doing sweet fcuk all yourself.

Show me a country where negligent mistakes don't happen in large complex public service bodies and I'll show you nirvana :rolleyes:

If the FG Govt is to blame for negligence in a publicly funded hospital shouldn't the same FG Govt be praised for investigative journalism by a publicly funded media organisation or is your sense of fairness and balance totally a la carte and one sided?

Advertisement