Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

denis o brien takes out yet another high court action, this time against RTE/Pravda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,410 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Another lets make spurious allegations against DOB thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

'An RTE story'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

kneemos wrote: »

Except he has clearly taken out an injunction against RTE.

Except he has clearly taken out an injunction against RTE.

Sooo?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

so he owns most of the media and gags the rest

scary stuff when you actually think about it

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no no there's no limits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

all im saying is that brian cowen is now on the board of Denis o'brien owned Topas

( I didnt see applications on jobs.ie for it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Yes it is. 'Who watches the watchers'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

bpb101 wrote: »
    all im saying is that brian cowen is now on the board of Denis o'brien owned Topas

It's a private company, you don't usually see them advertising online for directors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

This man has far too much power in this nation. He can get 12 members of the police force to guard a water meter and stop the national broadcaster from talking about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭The Ging and I

To be politically correct Im sure you mean BIFFO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Dunno, but it shows you how much of a cnut uncy Denny is, when the journal disables the comments facility.

The more I think about it actually, we've all been on about how the Govt should just privatise RTÉ.....

I'm not so sure I support that notion any longer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Dunno, but it shows you how much of a cnut uncy Denny is, when the journal disables the comments facility.

The more I think about it actually, we've all been on about how the Govt should just privatise RTÉ.....

I'm not so sure I support that notion any longer.

No privatisation!! Irish water, Irish nation!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

This man has far too much power in this nation. He can get 12 members of the police force to guard a water meter and stop the national broadcaster from talking about him.

No he can't .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

It's crazy that this man has supporters. What's wrong with people? He's earned billions coming from a highly suspect deal, he doesn't pay tax here, he gets awarded contracts from his pals in government, this isn't the first time he's silenced people from talking about his dubious affairs, the list goes on.

noway12345 wrote: »
    It's crazy that this man has supporters. What's wrong with people? He's earned billions coming from a highly suspect deal, he doesn't pay tax here, he gets awarded contracts from his pals in government, this isn't the first time he's silenced people from talking about his dubious affairs, the list goes on.

No wrong doing proven anyway on the Digifone deal.
    No company worth they're salt pays more tax than they have to.
    What evidence have you that he silenced anyone?
    Any more wild allegations?

Dunno anything about the man,could be a complete chancer but until I see some facts I'll refrain from begrudgery bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pravda was renamed, its the Grand Social now.

Good selection of beers mind you.

No wrong doing proven anyway on the Digifone deal.
    No company worth they're salt pays more tax than they have to.
    What evidence have you that he silenced anyone?
    Any more wild allegations?

Dunno anything about the man,could be a complete chancer but until I see some facts I'll refrain from begrudgery bashing.

There was a finding that he paid a Minister £500,000, and supported a loan of almost that amount to the same Minister, who had secured the mobile licence for him.

I would have thought most would consider that proof of wrongdoing. What do you need?

There was a finding that he paid a Minister £500,000, and supported a loan of almost that amount to the same Minister, who had secured the mobile licence for him.

I would have thought most would consider that proof of wrongdoing. What do you need?

Sounds dodgy.
    Couldn't do it unless he was let though.Takes two to tango.
    Could be seen as a good business move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Isn't that normal when something is progressing through the courts? Daily Mail does the same on their site.

Sure we had it on boards last month and we couldn't comment until Graham Dwyer was sentenced.

I wouldn't reach too much into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Valetta wrote: »
    No he can't .

How do you know, for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

It's a private company, you don't usually see them advertising online for directors.

No, Topaz advertised it on the Intreo website as an internship, the same as they did deli and sales assistant jobs. Why pay for labour if you don't have to thanks to the government supporting virtual slavery rather than jobs with proper contracts and conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    How do you know, for sure?

Same way as I know I couldn't arrange for the gardai to attend anything of my choosing.

And rte can talk about him all they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Valetta wrote: »
    Same way as I know I couldn't arrange for the gardai to attend anything of my choosing.

And rte can talk about him all they like.

The discussion is not about what you could or could not arrange.
    We are talking about a man who is a multi billionaire and is very close to power, owns much of the media and has findings against him by a tribunal.

So I say you are just guessing. None of us know as fact what actually goes on at the top for most of the time but going by all the tribunals and enquiries you would want to be very naive to believe powerful people don't influence our government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    The discussion is not about what you could or could not arrange.
    We are talking about a man who is a multi billionaire and is very close to power, owns much of the media and has findings against him by a tribunal.

So I say you are just guessing. None of us know as fact what actually goes on at the top for most of the time but going by all the tribunals and enquiries you would want to be very naive to believe powerful people don't influence our government.

Very very naive indeed!

Sounds dodgy.
    Couldn't do it unless he was let though.Takes two to tango.

But that would mean wrongdoing by both, as opposed to the no wrongdoing you asserted.

But that would mean wrongdoing by both, as opposed to the no wrongdoing you asserted.

Was there wrong doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The more I hear of him the more I'm concerned I am over his stake in irish water. Water is the most precious substance on earth and the demand for clean drinkable water will become greater in the future. We should be protecting it from those that may control the supply of it at all costs.

Was there wrong doing?

I referred to it in a previous post.

You read it and commented on it.

It was proven that he paid a Minister £500,000 and that Minister secured him the mobile licence. How would you characterise it?

• Advertisement

I referred to it in a previous post.

You read it and commented on it.

It was proven that he paid a Minister £500,000 and that Minister secured him the mobile licence. How would you characterise it?

I'd put most of the blame with the minister then.
    Good business move by DOB.

Advertisement