Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

denis o brien takes out yet another high court action, this time against RTE/Pravda

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Crikey. Talk about praising with faint damnation.

This sequence is a huge endorsement and compliment to our government.

If this is the best people jump to to criticise their govt, then we are truly blessed with the quality of ours. Any even modern western democratic country would be delighted to think these were the worst charges that could be levelled at their politicos.

You know fine well there are many many more examples of ****ting all over us while ruffling rach others feathers, their families, friends and associates. They don't need repeating as there are so many examples it pains the head to think of them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

You know fine well there are many many more examples of ****ting all over us while ruffling rach others feathers, their families, friends and associates. They don't need repeating as there are so many examples it pains the head to think of them all

Because there aren't any in the head ? But dont let that get in the way of a knee jerk reaction that the government is rubbish and incompetent.

Many, many. Sure. Should have been easy to list then. Funny that the ones people come up with are non-events though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

That would absolutely sicken you :mad:

• Advertisement

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFjrBmOWoAIuKmR.jpg

Nothing to see here lads, move along........vote Fine Gael!

Because there aren't any in the head ? But dont let that get in the way of a knee jerk reaction that the government is rubbish and incompetent.

Many, many. Sure. Should have been easy to list then. Funny that the ones people come up with are non-events though.

Cop yourself on, far too many crumbled under the pressure and couldn't take it anymore and for you to come on here trying to say the government have done a fine quite frankly pisses me right off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

I am observing that the several posters I quoted are effectively saying the govt are doing very well - by the triviality of the criticisms they collectively came up with.

I am observing that the several posters I quoted are effectively saying the govt are doing very well - by the triviality of the criticisms they collectively came up with.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sJha-CT09xk&sns=fb

• Registered Users Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Who's Fianna fail connection?

Apologies for getting you mixed with another Michael.
    I believe you may be of another persuasion altogether ?
    Enda the coward sacking the Garda commissioner!

If anything I think that was long overdue.

Likewise with shatter.
    They should have gone earlier because of their handling of the whistleblowers.
    Rehab scandal!

???
    AFAIK the board and management were setup by the previous government(s) and included personal friends and cohorts of one mr ahern.
    True, one major player was a major FG background person, but he got the boot.
    But it will not surprise me to find he will be brought back into the fold as is the norm in ALL Irish political parties and that includes those who sqawk loudest about these things when it includes FG, Lab or ff.

If people want to complain and highlight government screw ups then there is the whole NAMA, IBRC secretive deals, the way the ex health minister indulged in pork barrel politics, the siting of the new childrens hospital, the way changes in education have been managed, the way Garda Whistleblowers were dealt with by a government minister, the way Irish Water was setup, and the way the whole housing crisis has been handled.

The HSE has been a quagmire from day 1 and I don't think it will ever be fully fit for purpose.
    The big issue is the minister of the day hides behind it and no one within the HSE is ever responsible for anything.
    How many times have we fooking heard of systemic failures.
    Throwing money at it is not a solution because the money only ever ends up being spent on more staff, usually in wrong places.

And because I say Irish Water, doesn't mean I think people shouldn't pay, it means the company was setup all wrong and was a salutaory lesson in how not to do it.
    People should pay for a service which anyone with a well/septic tank, or is part of a private group water scheme already do.

And because I say housing crisis doesn't mean I think some people (some of whom can't be bothered paying their debts) should get a debt writeoff and keep their property at the taxpayers expense and the expense of those still paying their mortgages.

The government have allowed a situation continue where we have a whole slew of people living rent free in property they could never afford, forcing others to live in rental accommodation with exhobitant rents and with no future of ever owning their own home.

And it means that the provision of adequate social housing should be prioritised and not the paying of rent allowances to a landlord class.
    A landlord class who often comprise those don't pay their own bloody debts.

Of course these last two opinions don't wash well with those demanding their entitlements of free handouts from the state and the taxpayers.

• Advertisement

So now dinny wants to rewrite the public record over statements made using dail privilege!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

So now dinny wants to rewrite the public record over statements made using dail privilege!

Someone should ask him to give a look over the Constitution while he's at it , he might like to pencil in a few changes (for our own good and all that).

Satriale wrote: »
    Someone should ask him to give a look over the Constitution while he's at it , he might like to pencil in a few changes (for our own good and all that).

It will happen yet, although those in power don't need to change the constitution, it suits them just fine the way it is, well their legal interpretation of it does anyway, same as in the US. I read one time that someone on the inside over there said that the single greatest threat to American national security would be if the American people knew the governments quasi legal private interpretation of their constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This is so, so, so depressing. Can and will RTE appeal?

Haven't a clue, its quite possible they got whatever they were after by just threatening to air it, we'll have to wait and see how this latest episode in Irish political corruption plays out, or as per usual fizzles out..

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭stan larsen

Haven't a clue, its quite possible they got whatever they were after by just threatening to air it, we'll have to wait and see how this latest episode in Irish political corruption plays out, or as per usual fizzles out..

Are you suggesting that the judge who heard this case is corrupt?

Are you suggesting that the judge who heard this case is corrupt?

No, that was already suggested by someone else in this thread the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

Not directly related but further showing the state of affairs in Ireland, the press ombudsman has to come out and tell journalists to up their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Why? It was a great day for our democratic right to privacy. My bank details are private and nobody's business but mine.

• Advertisement

No, that was already suggested by someone else in this thread the last few days
    So where is the corruption in relation to this case?

Why? It was a great day for our democratic right to privacy. My bank details are private and nobody's business but mine.

Nobody gives a $hit about your banking details btw ;)

So where is the corruption in relation to this case?

Try beginning as far back as esat dodgyfone, right up to recent times when o brine won contracts when there were others with more competitive bids in play. If you have to ask such nonsensical questions at this late stage you are up to something and its not searching for the truth ;)

Try beginning as far back as esat dodgyfone, right up to recent times when o brine won contracts when there were others with more competitive bids in play. If you have to ask such nonsensical questions at this late stage you are up to something and its not searching for the truth ;)
    Yep, I know about all of that. I'm asking where is the corruption in relation to the high court action being discussed in this thread?

Yep, I know about all of that. I'm asking where is the corruption in relation to the high court action being discussed in this thread?

Well that's just it, there's been a judgment given that no discussion regarding favourable business dealings/debt writedowns and cosy repayment plans at the cost of the Irish people can take place, even though we, our children and their kids regrettably own the fcukin IBRC

Well that's just it, there's been a judgment given that no discussion regarding favourable business dealings/debt writedowns and cosy repayment plans at the cost of the Irish people can take place, even though we, our children and their kids regrettably own the fcukin IBRC

So you are arguing what ever is at the heart of this (and i'll admit, I'm as curious as anyone to know what it is) is not actually a private matter but something that is in the public's interest to know.

So if the judge is not corrupt did he just make a bit of a blooper here?

So you are arguing what ever is at the heart of this (and i'll admit, I'm as curious as anyone to know what it is) is not actually a private matter but something that is in the public's interest to know.

So if the judge is not corrupt did he just make a bit of a blooper here?

The timing of the appointment of the judge and his associations has been raised in this thread. Damn right I want to know what the fcuk is going on with the richest man in Ireland continually winning these fantastic contracts and always getting debt relief everywhere he turns. He received a haircut on company debts to the tune of €320,000,000 over the last 24 months when acquiring topaz, siteserv and a huge hotel (can't remember the name of it now) but that €320,000,000 is money we're all on the hook for. Only 2 instances of haircuts on debts or the likes the last 8 years have been forced on the credit union's and the Irish people, everyone else has been paid up in full ;)

The timing of the appointment of the judge and his associations has been raised in this thread. Damn right I want to know what the fcuk is going on with the richest man in Ireland continually winning these fantastic contracts and always getting debt relief everywhere he turns. He received a haircut on company debts to the tune of €320,000,000 over the last 24 mom the when acquiring topaz, siteserv and a huge hotel (can't remember the name of it now) but that €320,000,000 is money we're all on the hook for. Only 2 instances of haircuts on debts or the likes the last 8 years have been forced on the credit union's and the Irish people, everyone else has been paid up in full ;)

€320000000!

How many children's hospitals could we build for that!

Enda Kenny, you ****ing coward!

€320000000!

How many children's hospitals could we build for that!

Enda Kenny, you ****ing coward!

Shut up and jump back in your box like a good lickle sheeple, ya cant be talking sense like that around here

• Advertisement

The timing of the appointment of the judge and his associations has been raised in this thread.
    But I thought you say no issue with the judge? He is either interpreting the law impartially or he is not?
    Damn right I want to know what the fcuk is going on with the richest man in Ireland continually winning these fantastic contracts and always getting debt relief everywhere he turns. He received a haircut on company debts to the tune of €320,000,000 over the last 24 months when acquiring topaz, siteserv and a huge hotel (can't remember the name of it now) but that €320,000,000 is money we're all on the hook for. Only 2 instances of haircuts on debts or the likes the last 8 years have been forced on the credit union's and the Irish people, everyone else has been paid up in full ;)
    And what makes you think that any of this was part of the discussion before the high court? If the judge ruled in O’Brien’s favour that the matter was not one of public interest (noseyness maybe :) )and you accept the bona fides of the judge, then what exactly are you taking exception to?

Advertisement