Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

denis o brien takes out yet another high court action, this time against RTE/Pravda

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Now that some posters have decided some crime is ok and acceptable in business I decided to make a list of other crimes that are now ok. Are bank robberies now ok because I don't notice the effects directly?

see how quick we would be locked up if we acted even 1% like the too big too jail boyos, even a pretty victimless crime would see us dealt with quickly and harshly in the courts ;)

I for one cannot wait to see what it is RTE are going to report on

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

smurgen wrote: »
    The more I hear of him the more I'm concerned I am over his stake in irish water. Water is the most precious substance on earth and the demand for clean drinkable water will become greater in the future. We should be protecting it from those that may control the supply of it at all costs.

He has no stake in Irish water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

MajorMax wrote:

Yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

falan wrote: »
    Yet...

I was waiting for the thunder and lightning that should have followed your post, seems like it needed one

• Advertisement

MajorMax wrote: »

quote]

Can you honestly say with a straight face that Denis wouldn't have been gifted our water supply if we had signed up like good little lemmings last year?? I couldn't because he'd have got it even if he was the lowest bidder and probably would have got loans to cover "buying" it so wouldn't need to dip into his fortune of over €5,000,000,000

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

We'd never have sold it to him. FG are so in love with him, they would have paid him to take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

We'd never have sold it to him. FG are so in love with him, they would have paid him to take it.
    Money can't buy love unless a sugar daddy like Denis O Brien is involved.

Factoid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

And guaranteed him compensation against any losses for the first 30-50 years

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    And guaranteed him compensation against any losses for the first 30-50 years

I for one want to know if there really is anything else we can do for poor aul dinny?

I for one want to know if there really is anything else we can do for poor aul dinny?

Can the mods organise a whip-round?

Anybody for the last few choc-ices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Anyone hear how this went today?

The IBRC has joined DOB in taking action against rte airing the show!! ****in fuming here!! How much more do we need to see before we demand the top 1% get pulled up for their dodgy dealings? If anyone of us were involved in anything like the sort of behaviour some people are rewarded for in this country we would feel the full weight of the law down on us so fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭foxtrot101

There's reporting restrictions in place.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

How much more do we need to see ...

We haven't seen anything yet. They haven't been allowed air the show. So we've no idea what's in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Strong language used "It's not in the Public interest" Who decides that ? I thought it was the courts.

We haven't seen anything yet. They haven't been allowed air the show. So we've no idea what's in it.

I've seen enough by virtue of the level off effort they're going too "to protect dinnys privacy"!! Its sad how trusting the Irish people are towards this individual, I know I wouldn't be afforded the same and no matter what I got up to could never compete with the likes of this corrupt capitalist prick!! He's even making money off the flippin protests with siteserv, its a slick move that we have paid a handsome price for, on top of everything else!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I've seen enough by virtue of the level off effort they're going too "to protect dinnys privacy"!! Its sad how trusting the Irish people are towards this individual, I know I wouldn't be afforded the same and no matter what I got up to could never compete with the likes of this corrupt capitalist prick!! He's even making money off the flippin protests with siteserv, its a slick move that we have paid a handsome price for, on top of everything else!!

Remember this the next time you see fine Gaels name on a ballot sheet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

kneemos wrote: »
    No wrong doing proven anyway on the Digifone deal.
    No company worth they're salt pays more tax than they have to.
    What evidence have you that he silenced anyone?
    Any more wild allegations?

Dunno anything about the man,could be a complete chancer but until I see some facts I'll refrain from begrudgery bashing.

:D

Oh, you gotta laugh. Otherwise, you'd cry.

Remember this the next time you see fine Gaels name on a ballot sheet!

You're preaching to the choir ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Cowenwatch

For a possible clue into what DOB sought the injunction for, have a google for the Irish Times story entitled: Clinton cash claims brings Hillary camp out swinging (dated: 24/4/15).

Some extracts:

Hillary Clinton was secretary of state in Barack Obama’s first-term administration (2009 to 2013), the Clinton Foundation, the family’s charity, was accepting donations from foreign interests and that contemporaneous policy decisions were being made at the State Department benefiting those foreign donors.

The charity’s contributors’ webpage says that billionaire Denis O’Brien has donated between $5 million and $10 million but doesn’t date the donations. (The amounts donated are only disclosed in ranges.)The Wall Street Journal reported this week that O’Brien won a $2.5 million award in 2011 from a programme run by a State Department agency to provide mobile money services in Haiti after the earthquake. O’Brien’s spokesman has confirmed that the billionaire gave the money but has declined further comment.

And, this little humdinger: Other Irish donors include businessmen Michael Smurfit ($1 million to $5 million) and Paddy McKillen ($100,000 to $250,000); American Ireland Fund ($250,000 to $500,000); journalist-turned-PR man Declan Kelly, whom Hillary appointed economic envoy to Northern Ireland in 2009 ($100,000 to $250,000); and his company Teneo ($25,000 to $50,000).

An yes, that would be the same Declan Kelly who is also Minister Alan 'No To Water Chrages' Kelly's brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Sickening.

Cowenwatch wrote: »
    For a possible clue into what DOB sought the injunction for, have a google for the Irish Times story entitled: Clinton cash claims brings Hillary camp out swinging (dated: 24/4/15).

Some extracts:

Hillary Clinton was secretary of state in Barack Obama’s first-term administration (2009 to 2013), the Clinton Foundation, the family’s charity, was accepting donations from foreign interests and that contemporaneous policy decisions were being made at the State Department benefiting those foreign donors.

The charity’s contributors’ webpage says that billionaire Denis O’Brien has donated between $5 million and $10 million but doesn’t date the donations. (The amounts donated are only disclosed in ranges.)The Wall Street Journal reported this week that O’Brien won a $2.5 million award in 2011 from a programme run by a State Department agency to provide mobile money services in Haiti after the earthquake. O’Brien’s spokesman has confirmed that the billionaire gave the money but has declined further comment.

And, this little humdinger: Other Irish donors include businessmen Michael Smurfit ($1 million to $5 million) and Paddy McKillen ($100,000 to $250,000); American Ireland Fund ($250,000 to $500,000); journalist-turned-PR man Declan Kelly, whom Hillary appointed economic envoy to Northern Ireland in 2009 ($100,000 to $250,000); and his company Teneo ($25,000 to $50,000).

An yes, that would be the same Declan Kelly who is also Minister Alan 'No To Water Chrages' Kelly's brother!
    Sickening.

:mad:

Some extracts:

Then there's this little humdinger: Other Irish donors include businessmen Michael Smurfit ($1 million to $5 million) and Paddy McKillen ($100,000 to $250,000); American Ireland Fund ($250,000 to $500,000); journalist-turned-PR man Declan Kelly, whom Hillary appointed economic envoy to Northern Ireland in 2009 ($100,000 to $250,000); and his company Teneo ($25,000 to $50,000).

And yes, that would be the same Declan Kelly who is also Minister Alan 'No To Water Chrages' Kelly's brother!

It does need repeating!!
    Cowenwatch wrote: »

Some extracts:

Then there's this little humdinger: Other Irish donors include businessmen Michael Smurfit ($1 million to $5 million) and Paddy McKillen ($100,000 to $250,000); American Ireland Fund ($250,000 to $500,000); journalist-turned-PR man Declan Kelly, whom Hillary appointed economic envoy to Northern Ireland in 2009 ($100,000 to $250,000); and his company Teneo ($25,000 to $50,000).

And yes, that would be the same Declan Kelly who is also Minister Alan 'No To Water Chrages' Kelly's brother!

Strong language used "It's not in the Public interest" Who decides that ? I thought it was the courts.

Correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

This thread has taught me one lesson

We need a resource hungry and thirsty Dennis O'Brien to play a reincarnated Lord Humungus in Mad Max 5.

• Advertisement

Sorry about the double post. I have extraordinarily large fingers.

I can't post links here but if you google CBN News and Clinton Cash: New Book's Bombshell Allegations and then go to around ten minutes into the discussion!

Advertisement