Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MLB 2015 Season Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Yes and what run ? Shhhhh let's not jink it for jaysus sake.

Looks like the jinx has started! What the hell was Murph thinking there?

EDIT - And now Flores gets picked off second. What have you done Madame Diem.....??????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Almost a full bottle of wine gone since the start of the yankees game:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,627 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Looks like the jinx has started! What the hell was Murph thinking there?

EDIT - And now Flores gets picked off second. What have you done Madame Diem.....??????

Not watching it live but getting update. I did see colon run and tag a runner.

Not watching it live but getting update. I did see colon run and tag a runner.

Not as funny as one of his at-bats or running to first base but still quite comical. I think the runner froze because there was a very large man running slowly at him with a ball in his glove.

Ugly game today, mistakes from both sides but nice to get the win. Should be a good series agains the Yankees this weekend as they seem to be hitting a bit of form too, including taking 3 out of 4 in Detroit.

Not as funny as one of his at-bats or running to first base but still quite comical. I think the runner froze because there was a very large man running slowly at him with a ball in his glove.

Ugly game today, mistakes from both sides but nice to get the win. Should be a good series agains the Yankees this weekend as they seem to be hitting a bit of form too, including taking 3 out of 4 in Detroit.

Kept up to date with the scores but colon just ambled off the mound and yeah I think the runner was like "how is he moving at that pace ?"

Also, If you told me this time that last year that in a year that A-rod would be one of the best Yankee players early in the season I'd have told you you were mad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Should be a good series agains the Yankees this weekend as they seem to be hitting a bit of form too, including taking 3 out of 4 in Detroit.

In fairness they were very lucky in 2 of those games e.g prices meltdown last night over 50 pitches in the first inning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

In fairness they were very lucky in 2 of those games e.g prices meltdown last night over 50 pitches in the first inning.

Price had a meltdown last year against the Yankees. It's not luck if it happens two times in a row!

Ventura and the Royals at it again last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Ventura and the Royals at it again last night.

Ventura needs to grow up fast......does he honestly think that batters are intentionally hitting the ball at him.....this is twice in 3 starts that he's reacted to a ball back to the mound.

Ventura needs to grow up fast......does he honestly think that batters are intentionally hitting the ball at him.....this is twice in 3 starts that he's reacted to a ball back to the mound.

Exactly.

If hitters could aim at him, he'd be in full body armour at this stage because everyone would be looking to hit it back at him. He was totally out of order last night. Pity we'll have to wait to inter league play to see if anyone throws at him when he bats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Exactly.

If hitters could aim at him, he'd be in full body armour at this stage because everyone would be looking to hit it back at him. He was totally out of order last night. Pity we'll have to wait to inter league play to see if anyone throws at him when he bats.

If batters had that much control, everyone would be batting way over 300

If batters had that much control, everyone would be batting way over 300

It was a bit like Roger Clemens thinking that Piazza had intentionally broken his bat in his direction. More or less just looking for any excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Kris Bryant hits his first HR in the majors tonight, you heard it here first ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Exactly.

Royals play the NL Central inter league this season. The Cards have been involved in a few rucks in recent seasons. I'm sure he gets plunked in his first at bat if he pitches in that series....

8-10 wrote: »
    Kris Bryant hits his first HR in the majors tonight, you heard it here first ;)

No luck! Oh well

No luck! Oh well

I hope you didn't have any money on it.

I hope you didn't have any money on it.

Couldn't find any odds for it so no. Home run odds are always shocking. He was quoted at 3/1 for his debut! That's the odds of getting a hit.

I was just going on the fact that Leake has been pretty hittable this year giving 2HR's up against the Cubs in the previous game, and being in Reds ballpark which is notoriously hitter friendly. Very shallow outfield so when you have an extreme fly ball power hitter like Bryant who's FB rate is 38% this season so far (and was over 50% at Triple A lay season) you have to think that if he gets good contact he's going to have a good chance of making it.

Wasnt to be!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Josh Hamilton officially traded to the Rangers....I hope he kills it again in Texas.

Oriels white Sox game scheduled for tonight has been postponed after Major League Baseball talked with Baltimore police. The funeral of that guy who was shot and killed took place earlier and it's all kicked off in Baltimore.

Oriels white Sox game scheduled for tonight has been postponed after Major League Baseball talked with Baltimore police. The funeral of that guy who was shot and killed took place earlier and it's all kicked off in Baltimore.

Wonder what's going to happen the rest of the week. There's a curfew in place and they're at home for 4 more games.

• Advertisement

Wonder what's going to happen the rest of the week. There's a curfew in place and they're at home for 4 more games.

Doubt any of them will go ahead

That's a good question and at least last nights game will have to be played at some point and I haven't the schedule in front of me but it will probably have to be an off day for both teams so logistically it will be a mess.

Doubt any of them will go ahead

Yeah not looking very good as the curfew is in place until the 4th of May unless lifted by the major.

On Deadspin it says they're looking into the possibility of playing them at Nationals Park as the Nats are on the road this week and it's only about an hour away. Don't know how likely that is to happen though.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12778578/madison-bumgarner-rejects-max-scherzer-assertion-national-league-adopt-designated-hitter

Nice dig at Scherzer by Bumgarner over the DH. He's 100% right too. He knew what he was signing up for.

Unfortunately with Wainright going down while batting, the talk of introducing the DH in the NL has come up again and the end of the pitcher batting could be getting nearer.

As long as Bartolo Colon is pitching for an NL team, I hope we never get the DH.

NL should just bite the bullet and add the DH. I can't understand why you'd want to keep it as it is

On Deadspin it says they're looking into the possibility of playing them at Nationals Park as the Nats are on the road this week and it's only about an hour away. Don't know how likely that is to happen though.

No game today. I would be surprised if they don't move it for tomorrow.

NL should just bite the bullet and add the DH. I can't understand why you'd want to keep it as it is

It makes the manager make a decision on whether to keep a pitcher in or take him out for a pinch hitter late in the game and I like that. It makes it more interesting. You never get that at an AL ballpark.

It makes the manager make a decision on whether to keep a pitcher in or take him out for a pinch hitter late in the game and I like that. It makes it more interesting. You never get that at an AL ballpark.

Watching pitchers bat is not interesting in the slightest to me. Even the best of them struggle to bat over .250 in a season. I'm glad you don't get that in the AL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Watching pitchers bat is not interesting in the slightest to me. Even the best of them struggle to bat over .250 in a season. I'm glad you don't get that in the AL.

But if pitchers didn't bat then you wouldn't get to see Bartolo Colon bat and that alone is worth keeping DHing out of NL.

Also, plenty of position players struggle to hit over .250 also (and even some DHs) - should we stop them batting too and just have 9 DHs instead?

Advertisement