Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Endings [ABC]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Bump..

.. doing a re-watch of this at the minute with the girlfriend - and said I'd investigate any news on the Happy Endings front - as unlikely as that is!

However..

89qprF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Basq wrote: »
    Bump..

.. doing a re-watch of this at the minute with the girlfriend - and said I'd investigate any news on the Happy Endings front - as unlikely as that is!

However..

89qprF.png

Adam, Eliza and Damon are jobless so fingers crossed

Bump..

However..

89qprF.png

I saw that earlier today and have been trying not to get my expectations up too much. Ideally I'd love to see a full series of new episodes pop up on Netflix in 51 days but considering that 51 days from now is April Fool's, this could all be a cruel joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I don't want to get my hopes up, but it would be fantastic wouldn't it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Marry Me, which is airing on Thursday nights on E4 (first few episodes on 4OD), also created by David Caspe and also starring Casey Wilson (Penny) - who is now married to Caspe - is very, very similar to Happy Endings in style. The characters are a lot less likeable though.

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    Marry Me, which is airing on Thursday nights on E4 (first few episodes on 4OD), also created by David Caspe and also starring Casey Wilson (Penny) - who is now married to Caspe - is very, very similar to Happy Endings in style. The characters are a lot less likeable though.
    Watched the first 3 or 4 episodes and strong comedic cast aside with Casey Wilson and Ken Marino, it just didn't grab me.

Don't get me wrong.. it was far from bad, but just felt like a poorer 'Happy Endings'.

Ratings in the US haven't been great so might catch up if it gets a second season.

Watched the first 3 or 4 episodes and strong comedic cast aside with Casey Wilson and Ken Marino, it just didn't grab me.

Don't get me wrong.. it was far from bad, but just felt like a poorer 'Happy Endings'.

Ratings in the US haven't been great so might catch up if it gets a second season.
    Renewal isn't looking good, which gives me more stupid hope for a return of Happy Endings.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

First Spiderman joins the MCU , and now this! What a great day!

As for Marry Me, the supporting cast is dreadful but it has potential with a few tweaks.

I really liked Benched with Eliza Coupe though, I wish it got another season.

That same Twitter account just posted a link to this yesterday..

Four Seasons by Vivaldi? Could be great news, or a cruel joke.. who knows at this stage?!

Just saw this on the Happy Endings subreddit

From Lon Zimmet's twitter, but it was removed quickly

K1gXDNF.jpg

Soo... Confirmed? Almost?

This had better not be some extremely elaborate prank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That same Twitter account just posted a link to this yesterday..

Four Seasons by Vivaldi? Could be great news, or a cruel joke.. who knows at this stage?!

Winter is one brilliant piece of music. I forget how good it is every time and then I hear it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Need grouchy Adam Pally back on my TV stat

Need grouchy Adam Pally back on my TV stat
    Watched him recently guest-host CBS's The Late Late Show with Ben Schwartz (aka Jean Ralphio in Parks And Rec), and it's a great watch!

It was during the really bad snow-storms in New York recently and pretty much all his guest bailed or couldn't make it - but Adam and Ben make it really watchable.

Bump..

Was watching Eliza Cuthbert's new "comedy" (the quotes should hopefully indicate how horrible it is) and remembered this weird Countdown Clock deal to April 1st.

So after a quick Google, I see Adam Pally addressed it last week saying:
    I'll tell you this: I know the origin of that 'Happy Endings' countdown clock was not intended to be where it is headed, .. That's as much as I can give you.

Seems to indicate against any type of new series.. not that suprised by the news to be honest. Am guessing possibly syndication on a new station?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

http://itsalmo.st/#anewday_tlojt

Sorry for the bump and unintentional heart attack folks. At least te clockis still going.:)

Sorry for the bump and unintentional heart attack folks. At least te clockis still going.:)
    Twitter account which initially posted it hasn't posted anything new in almost 2 months now.. have a feeling not a whole lot will happen when countdown finishes! :(

Ah if nothing comes of the countdown I will be so annoyed! Who'd play a prank like that? :(

phasers wrote: »
    Ah if nothing comes of the countdown I will be so annoyed! Who'd play a prank like that? :(

Who indeed.........

Although....

https://twitter.com/happywrites

It was started by someone with access to the official twitter account but did bring about talk of an actual come back, David Caspe wanted to set the record straight earlier but when the network actually discussed the possibility of a renewal he shut up.

• Advertisement

Wow that's a real bummer. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Sorry for bumping but it needs to be said again how good a show this was. I feel it could have been even better if it didn't have to worry about its ratings. Anyway I'm re-watching on Canadian Netflix and its one of my favourite sitcoms of all time that was just its prime.

It had the perfect mixture of horrible funny situations of the horrible funny characters of Seinfeld and the friendshipness of the characters of Friends.

Lets just say if I ever wanted to write my own sitcom I'd steal the most of my material from this (and Seinfeld) and that's the biggest compliment I can give it.

Happy Endings fan Forever,
    DK

Alex eating ribs occasionally pops into my head and makes me smile.

Watched him recently guest-host CBS's The Late Late Show with Ben Schwartz (aka Jean Ralphio in Parks And Rec), and it's a great watch!

It was during the really bad snow-storms in New York recently and pretty much all his guest bailed or couldn't make it - but Adam and Ben make it really watchable.

That whole episode was one of the funniest thing I had seen in a long time. The two of them made an awesome awkwardly funny pair!

Alex eating ribs occasionally pops into my head and makes me smile.

If thats what gets you over the finish line, who are we to judge.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

most of them are in other comedy shows now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

So I'm thinking about giving this show a go...57 episodes, not that much of a commitment. But two questions, (no spoilers please):

1. Does it end in a cliffhanger?

2. Do fans of this show also watch the sure-to-be-cancelled, Marry Me? I read both shows "exist in the same universe", would it be necessary to watch Marry Me after I finish Happy Endings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Same universe? I don't see how that can be when the acrtress plays two different characters.

And no, Marry Me is not essential viewing after Happy endings, in fact, I wish I hadn't watched it.

Same universe? I don't see how that can be when the acrtress plays two different characters.
    Haven't watched enough of Marry Me but I think what they mean is there are one or two minor characters from 'Happy Endings' that make an appearance in Marry Me, right? Like Derrick for one.

• Advertisement

Happy Endings is a show in Marry Me's universe, Penny (I don't know her characters name in it) mentions 'voting for the black guy on a Buzzfeed who's your favourite Happy Endings character poll' in one episode.

Advertisement