Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Endings [ABC]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Off the top of my head all the following changed network. Buffy, JAG, Law and Order Criminal Intent, Scrubs, Southland, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Sliders, Veronica Mars, Taxi, Roswell, Medium, Kenny Vs. Spenny, Murdoch Mysteries, 21 Jump Street, Babylon 5, Animaniacs, Grounded for Life, The Mentalist, Smallville, SG1. There are dozens of other shows got new life on a new network

I am mistaken then! Also you watch a lot of TV :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Apparently the USA Network is really interested in acquiring Happy Endings if ABC can it, I think it's definitely a good prospect for another season. The question is just what network will be airing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Off the top of my head all the following changed network. Buffy, JAG, Law and Order Criminal Intent, Scrubs, Southland, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Sliders, Veronica Mars, Taxi, Roswell, Medium, Kenny Vs. Spenny, Murdoch Mysteries, 21 Jump Street, Babylon 5, Animaniacs, Grounded for Life, The Mentalist, Smallville, SG1. There are dozens of other shows got new life on a new network
    IMHO, some of the best MST3K episodes were from the Sci-Fi years.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

IMHO, some of the best MST3K episodes were from the Sci-Fi years.

Meh, I'll take Dr Forrester over Pearl anyday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Sad to say this wonderful show has just been cancelled.

• Advertisement

Boo. Come on USA Network!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    Sad to say this wonderful show has just been cancelled.
    Nooooooooooooooo. Im not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gutted! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

This is so disappointing. Especially when you see cack like How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men last for so long.. ugh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Disappointed, hopefully TBS or USA or streaming site pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Is there any way to know how long it will take for a new network to pick it up?

It's positive news that Sony are committed to shopping it to other networks.

It's positive news that Sony are committed to shopping it to other networks.
    source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

How likely is it to be picked up by another channel? Is there a good chance or are we clutching at straws?

I still don't understand why more people didn't watch it :mad:

irish son wrote: »
    How likely is it to be picked up by another channel? Is there a good chance or are we clutching at straws?

I think its because if I remember there was another comedy very similar to it around the same time (not new girl), and people got confused. It wasnt advertised very well imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

miralize wrote: »
    I think its because if I remember there was another comedy very similar to it around the same time (not new girl), and people got confused. It wasnt advertised very well imo.

Perfect Couples I think it was.

Another reason why it failed was because ABC messed around with it. Time slots changing, double episodes to finish it off, they just didnt handle it at all well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The reason they messed around with it was because it was failing though.

ABC aren't going to move a successful series to the Friday night death slot and burn off episodes.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    The reason they messed around with it was because it was failing though.

ABC aren't going to move a successful series to the Friday night death slot and burn off episodes.

And before that? It was on Tuesdays, Sundays, Mondays, & Fridays. If it had a steady slot it would've had ratings maybe not that much higher but a lot steadier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

This doesn't have any official source but its from the guy who made the petition on change.org that got a lot of signatures.

http://www.reddit.com/r/happyendings/comments/1edoeh/a_usa_network_executive_has_just_emailed_me_on/

I wasn't a huge fan of the show, but I watched it and enjoyed it so if it gets picked up I'm happy.

pinch of salt imo....be great, just dont be disappointed if nothing comes of it.

This doesn't have any official source but its from the guy who made the petition on change.org that got a lot of signatures.

http://www.reddit.com/r/happyendings/comments/1edoeh/a_usa_network_executive_has_just_emailed_me_on/

I wasn't a huge fan of the show, but I watched it and enjoyed it so if it gets picked up I'm happy.

pinch of salt imo....be great, just dont be disappointed if nothing comes of it.

Ok dad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

irish son wrote: »

It really just wasn't all that good. It felt like it was written by the same team who destroyed Scrubs in the last few series.
    Cast seemed like cameos and cameos like cast. Wrong vehicle for a Wayans and some of the other cast should probably avoid comedy roles in the future.
    Better series have been cancelled and looks like this is unlikely to return.
    http://www.deadline.com/tag/happy-endings/

wil wrote: »
    It really just wasn't all that good. It felt like it was written by the same team who destroyed Scrubs in the last few series.
    Cast seemed like cameos and cameos like cast. Wrong vehicle for a Wayans and some of the other cast should probably avoid comedy roles in the future.
    Better series have been cancelled and looks like this is unlikely to return.
    http://www.deadline.com/tag/happy-endings/

I respectfully disagree with you. It was the second or third best network comedy this season for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

miralize wrote: »
    I respectfully disagree with you. It was the second or third best network comedy this season for me.
    I on the other hand respectfully agree with you.
    It has been a poor season for comedy series.
    Please share, what were the 2 betters, maybe I've missed out:)

"Baa means baa". Now you know what other friendsalike rerun I'm watching:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

wil wrote: »
    It really just wasn't all that good. [/url]

Depends on what you want in a comedy. Personally I like the Seinfeld "No hugging no learning" mantra. In other words, you are not supposed to actually care what happens to the characters, it is unimportant, they are simply there as vehicles for comedy. And this was true of Happy Endings too. Alex and Dave get back together? so what? Penney can't find a man? Boo hoo. I laughed, that was all I cared about.

For me Happy Endings was the best written comedy show of the recent past. Clever, self-deprecating, relentless, smart in a dumb kind of way. It will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

fisgon wrote: »
    Depends on what you want in a comedy. Personally I like the Seinfeld "No hugging no learning" mantra. In other words, you are not supposed to actually care what happens to the characters, it is unimportant, they are simply there as vehicles for comedy. And this was true of Happy Endings too. Alex and Dave get back together? so what? Penney can't find a man? Boo hoo. I laughed, that was all I cared about.

For me Happy Endings was the best written comedy show of the recent past. Clever, self-deprecating, relentless, smart in a dumb kind of way. It will be missed.

Nailed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Only started to watch this lately quiet funny!

Advertisement