Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Endings [ABC]

Options

Comments

phasers wrote: »
    ah, I'd just caught up with it! It's so good!

Stupid ABC, first Don't trust the B and now this? :(

tumblr_leftahY4RZ1qf8yek.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Look we've still got 10 episodes left - no official decision has been made by ABC yet...
    It wasn't working on a Tuesday... Simple... This is the first year ABC have tried having comedy on a Tuesday in a very very long time... It could work better on a Friday... You never know...
    Agreed, in fact Friday was always historically ABC's comedy night. TGIF FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Well.. this is depressing!

Even the network is advertising to "Save Happy Endings" in their latest promo..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Really doubt it's chances at this stage. Such a shame. Prob most laughs per episode of any comedy on at the moment.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

jamc wrote: »
    Really doubt it's chances at this stage. Such a shame. Prob most laughs per episode of any comedy on at the moment.

New Girl and Archer piss all over it I reckon. HE passes the time but it won't be a huge loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

WRONG!!!

Only messing. I agree about New Girl. Think they are toe to toe really.

I think Archer has dipped a good bit this season compared to the last 3. Still a good watch but not as funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Definitely agree, those 3 (plus Venture Bros when it comes back) are the shows that get the best laughs out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

New Girl and Archer piss all over it I reckon. HE passes the time but it won't be a huge loss.

It's definitely better than New Girl. Never thought I'd think it but Zooey Deschanel's quirks and delivery of dialogue wears thin, like real thin. I definitely get more laughs out of HE than I would out of New Girl, especially the latest episodes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

jamc wrote: »

Dunno....hard to call this. I *think* it might have a slight chance...while it has a good way to go to syndication numbers the studio that makes it might give it dirt cheap to ABC, or they'll use it as mid season filler.

There is something about this show that makes it survive the axe, it might pull it off again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Two pretty strong episodes imo

"I may not know what an iraglass is" was my favourite joke of the two eps.

Is this in danger of being cancelled?

What current Sitcom is better than it?

• Advertisement

Something didn't feel right about some of the jokes in those two episodes. I can't put my finger on it, but it felt like they weren't quite hitting the mark.

Overall though I thought they were two strong episodes; Alex getting smart with the slight advantage in terms of story and laughs.

Superb news if it pans out...
    Despite ratings hardship and real and clear danger of cancellation, Happy Endings may live up to its title even if ABC opts not to order a fourth season. I hear that Sony TV, the leading studio behind the underrated comedy series, has quietly reached out to a couple of networks, including USA Network and NBC, about the possibility of continuing the comedy there if ABC does not renew it. I hear USA, which has been looking to break into the half-hour original series space, has expressed interest and has had discussions about picking up Happy Endings in case of a cancellation by ABC.

tumblr_m9rvdcPR6m1qes6m1o1_500.gif

I'd welcome a renewal from another net, it deserves to get to syndication.

I'd welcome a renewal from another net, it deserves to get to syndication.

I was dreading on clicking this link because your name was up as last post. Lol

Hopefully it would mean some arcs/consistency. Such an uneven show since the first season.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If it comes to the USA Network I hope they promote it by some cross over cameos like having Max or Brad on Suits and Penny on White Collar :P

TBS did well pickin up Cougar Town will got a renewal as well this season so fingers cross for HE

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

I love that Max got a Marty McFly haircut and then started wearing an orange puffy vest.

"I don't know what's more disturbing, the chaos that Jane and Alex caused, or how much attention this paper paid to two little girls."

This show is so bloody well-written! :D

Both episodes were superb bar the food fight scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

Brad, describing Max's liaison with Dave's arch enemy....

"It's like Romeo and Juliet, nay, Homeo and Dude-liet, they hath made the beast with two butts."

Genius. This show is getting better, just as it's on the edge of extinction.

• Advertisement

Looking more and more likely to be cancelled :(

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/27/happy-endings-ratings-drop/

I'd say it may find life on another network..

.. in other news, spotted Adam Pally (Max) in Iron Man 3 this evening... substantial("ish") and very entertaining role.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Basq wrote: »
    I'd say it may find life on another network..

.. in other news, spotted Adam Pally (Max) in Iron Man 3 this evening... substantial("ish") and very entertaining role.

Crossing my fingers it gets a home somewhere else it really deserves it.

Also spotted Max in Iron Man 3, was the best bit of the whole movie imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I just after watching what could be the 2 last episodes ever :( Hopefully it will get picked up by someone.

Anyway, 2 very good episodes again

Jane: Max you look like John McInroe's fat cousin, John Mac n Cheese.

irish son wrote: »
    I just after watching what could be the 2 last episodes ever :( Hopefully it will get picked up by someone.

Anyway, 2 very good episodes again

Jane: Max you look like John McInroe's fat cousin, John Mac n Cheese.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/primetime-pilot-panic-broadcast-networks-are-very-happy-with-their-comedy-pilots-how-much-should-bubble-shows-worry/

The strength of ABC’s comedy pilots also doesn’t bode well for cult series Happy Endings, which ticked up in its season finale and has USA interested if ABC ends up passing.

I'll be gutted to see this canned..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/03/save-happy-endings-season-3-finale_n_3196911.html

ABC won't renew it.. am pretty sure of it.. but as I said, I do think it'll find life on another network.

Be a real shame to see this cancelled. It's the most consistently funny show on and while the scenarios are outlandish and outrageous each of the characters is fully formed and realistic. Max is the only gay character on TV who feels real which is quite damning of TV in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Basq wrote: »
    I'll be gutted to see this canned..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/03/save-happy-endings-season-3-finale_n_3196911.html

ABC won't renew it.. am pretty sure of it.. but as I said, I do think it'll find life on another network.

Doesnt that almost never happen? How many shows can people name where that happened besides Futurama. Yeah there have been changed like when the The WB closed and the shows moved to the new CW, but usually even if its canned, networks like to keep their assets.

I hope I'm wrong, but I dont think its as sure of a thing as you are making it out to be.

miralize wrote: »
    Doesnt that almost never happen? How many shows can people name where that happened besides Futurama.

I hope I'm wrong, but I dont think its as sure of a thing as you are making it out to be.
    Just in recent years: Cougar Town moved from ABC to TBS, and has been renewed for a further season. Southland moved from NBC to TNT, and still going strong. Friday Night Lights went from NBC to DirecTV. Damages moved from FX to Direct TV. The last 2 series of Scrubs were shifted to ABC - from NBC.

• Advertisement

miralize wrote: »
    Doesnt that almost never happen? How many shows can people name where that happened besides Futurama. Yeah there have been changed like when the The WB closed and the shows moved to the new CW, but usually even if its canned, networks like to keep their assets.

Off the top of my head all the following changed network. Buffy, JAG, Law and Order Criminal Intent, Scrubs, Southland, Mystery Science Theater 3000, Sliders, Veronica Mars, Taxi, Roswell, Medium, Kenny Vs. Spenny, Murdoch Mysteries, 21 Jump Street, Babylon 5, Animaniacs, Grounded for Life, The Mentalist, Smallville, SG1. There are dozens of other shows got new life on a new network

Advertisement