Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Endings [ABC]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Site banned for a month (it was news to me too). He'll be back on Jan 17th.

Mr E wrote: »

He seems to be quite the troll in other forums, but we'll stop talking about him. Ain't fair when he can't defend himself.

This might sound strange, but Community could try and take some hints from Happy Endings. Both use nerdy references almost constantly, but HE does it in a way that doesn't alienate a lot of people.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Mr E wrote: »
    Aww, Boards got me a Christmas present :D

This might sound strange, but Community could try and take some hints from Happy Endings. Both use nerdy references almost constantly, but HE does it in a way that doesn't alienate a lot of people.

I dunno about that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Happy_Endings_episodes#Season_3_.282012.2F13.29 Hate to sound like Richard but those ratings are awful. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I think that's the best Christmas episode of any show ever(that I can currently think of)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

He seems to be quite the troll in other forums, but we'll stop talking about him. Ain't fair when he can't defend himself.

No way. Community has it's very devoted fanbase(much more devoted than the Happy Endings fanbase). It doesn't need to change. It's never going to get more viewers, so it needs to keep it's current viewers happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Happy Endings is back this week, but ABC are burning it off quickly on Saturdays and Tuesdays so it looks like it won't be around for much longer.

It'd be a real shame to can this show. It's ahmahzhing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

What are the ratings like for it? Are they good enough for another network to pick it up if ABC do get rid of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I think the latest episode was my favourite one yet of any season, I absolutely loved it. It will be a real pity if it gets cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That episode was brillant.. best of the season for me! :D

".. now take out the guns!.."

tumblr_mhdd50Ewot1qazkdco1_500.gif

That was hilarious. Loved the Prank War!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

"I'm not as dumb as I am". Classic Alex. (Loved the Usual Suspects references).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

"Who's got a job? Bobs got a job.
    Bob rhymes with job much better than Brad,
    So I switched the names, but you know what I mean,
    I got a job, job, a j-o-b."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hard to keep track of when this is on. Is it on again today?

IMO not the strongest or funniest episode but still miles better than most 'comedy' shows on US TV. Some excellent and hilarious bits too this week. 7/10

Strong Alex episode and she is probably the most underrated talent on the show. The writers use her so in such a subtle manner it is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

The 'Marry Prankster' episode is probably my favourite of the show so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Frisbee wrote: »
    The 'Marry Prankster' episode is probably my favourite of the show so far.

Yes, it's excellent.

I preferred Our Best Friend's Wedding to The Merry Prankster.

In cancellation news: Happy Endings did very well this week against NBC shows at the same slot and had some of the highest ratings of the season. With Don't Trust the Bitch... axed, I think Happy Endings may well survive for another season.

No more Happy Endings now until February 19th.

God damn, what's with the additional mid season break. I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!

• Advertisement

Didn't even realize there was a second episode after the Prankster one. Both were absolutely hilarious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

YET more bad news for Happy Endings :(
    ABC has pulled it completely from the Tuesday slot...it now moves to the Friday death/burnoff slot :(

Sorry to say, but those hoping syndication might save the show should let that go, its too far away from syndication....57 episodes by the end of this season. Those hoping for a cable/Netflix/TBS save......I cant see it.

Imo this news makes it effectively cancelled: http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/abc-pulls-tuesday-comedy-block-ahead-of-schedule-happy-endings-moves-to-friday/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

RD,

It's a bad sign when I get a sick feeling in my stomach every time your name pops up under 'Latest Posts' for my favourite shows!

:(

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Basq wrote: »
    RD,

It's a bad sign when I get a sick feeling in my stomach every time your name pops up under 'Latest Posts' for my favourite shows!

:(

Aye....merchant of [ratings] doom......:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If they're cancelling/ending absolutely everything have they plans for some groundbreaking new series or are they just giving up on comedy altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

ah, I'd just caught up with it! It's so good!

Stupid ABC, first Don't trust the B and now this? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Look we've still got 10 episodes left - no official decision has been made by ABC yet...
    It wasn't working on a Tuesday... Simple... This is the first year ABC have tried having comedy on a Tuesday in a very very long time... It could work better on a Friday... You never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hopefully it sticks around. If 30 Rock lasted so long after it stopped being funny, I dont see why shows that are actually funny would be getting cut.
    Look we've still got 10 episodes left - no official decision has been made by ABC yet...
    It wasn't working on a Tuesday... Simple... This is the first year ABC have tried having comedy on a Tuesday in a very very long time... It could work better on a Friday... You never know...
    Your username is misleading :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Your username is misleading :pac:

It was an ironic nickname given to me when I was in college, because of my sunny personality and optimistic outlook... :D

Advertisement