Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home of the Year RTE 1 - 8.30pm Tuesdays

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'd love a mews house meself :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I agree the couch is a bit bland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Helen: Sheepskin

Hugh: Sheepskin!!!

Hugh's Eyes: :eek::eek::eek:

Lol the big discussion over SHEEPSKIN (as said by Hugh :D)

Helen: Sheepskin

Hugh: Sheepskin!!!

Hugh's Eyes: :eek::eek::eek:

Ha ha ha ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

"This is the kitchen area"

Love bedroom

They are going to rate this one high, they are all loving it aside from the discussion over SHEEPSKIN(!!!)

Def winner

It's all very white

• Advertisement

Won't beat last week

Last one has to be the winner

Time for Helen to do her good sums again

honeybear wrote: »
    Won't beat last week

Really liked last week's winner.

Well picked

I LOVE CONVERTED CHURCHES!!!!!!!

CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK I LOVE CONVERTED CHURCHES!

Hugh is my favourite presenter. Declan a second but think he has bigger budget ideas.

honeybear wrote: »
    Hugh is my favourite presenter. Declan a second but think he has bigger budget ideas.

I like the two of them as well. Something about Helen I am not warming to.

Hugh and Declan are very natural I think. And a bit of craic :)

amdublin wrote: »
    Time for Helen to do her good sums again

Maths is really her thing

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Interesting that Dublin gets a programme where the houses are entirely self designed by a sculptor, an interior designed and an architect respectively. Hmmmm, representative of good houses or a discreet shill for their businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,184 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It's not the simple arithmetic which interests me so much as her beautifully crafted number 2s.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Catching up late again.

Helen's accent is really, really starting to annoy me.

House no. 1 - SO MUCH STUFF! :eek: I'd get serious claustrophobia living there. Love what they did structurally to the house, but they'll have a serious wake-up call when that baby starts moving around by himself!

House no. 2 reminds me of a creche with all the colour blocks. Is it in Stoneybatter? Love that pannelled mirror in the back room. The bedroom is giving me a headache just looking at it!

House no. 3 looks like a whole lot of plywood on the ground floor (I'm sure it's not!). Dunno about small open-plan living for an entire family - you'd all want to love each other! I think there's an awful lot to be said for doors and walls (moveable ones by all means). What's that sign hanging from the ceiling say? Hate the mirror that they all love! But I LOVE that bedroom - looking over rooftops is second only to looking out over the sea or a river for me.

Really, really wish they'd tell us where the houses are.

There's one that keeps popping up in the promos that looks like a 1970's psychedelic trip - cannot wait to see that one :eek:

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

There's one that keeps popping up in the promos that looks like a 1970's psychedelic trip - cannot wait to see that one :eek:

I'd love to know where the houses are.

I can't wait for the 1970's house - I've heard of a house like it in Lucan, wonder if it is that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Marcusm wrote: »
    It's not the simple arithmetic which interests me so much as her beautifully crafted number 2s.
    Beaten to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

The Dublin houses have way more imagination, the country houses have way more space. I think I want the two !

recipio wrote: »
    The Dublin houses have way more imagination, the country houses have way more space. I think I want the two !

Big house, more cleaning :) I'd take the Dublin houses every time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

amdublin wrote: »
    Big house, more cleaning :) I'd take the Dublin houses every time!

My next house will be all steel and concrete. Any ideas for 'low maintenance ' ?

• Advertisement

recipio wrote: »
    My next house will be all steel and concrete. Any ideas for 'low maintenance ' ?

Declan is your man for that!

http://www.odkmarchitects.com/

Advertisement