Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2013- Mod Warning Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭IanVW

1. Iggy o regan
    2. Shane fives
    3. Coughlan
    4. Connors
    5. De burca
    6. Gleeson
    7. Mahony
    8. Barron
    9. Devine
    10. Moran
    11. Mahony
    12. Dillon
    13. O halloran
    14. Walsh
    15. Dunford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭seananigans

Waterford Senior Hurling Team to play Galway on Sunday in Walsh Park at 4pm.
    Hope to see large home support!!
    1. Ian O’Regan Mount Sion
    2. Shane Fives Tourin
    3. Barry Coughlan Ballygunner
    4. Noel Connors Passage
    5. Tadhg de Búrca Clashmore/Kinsalebeg
    6. Austin Gleeson Mount Sion
    7. Philip Mahony Ballygunner
    8. Jamie Barron Fourmilewater
    9. Tom Devine Modeligo
    10. Kevin Moran (Captain) De La Salle
    11. Pauric Mahony Ballygunner
    12. Jake Dillon De La Salle
    13. Brian O’Halloran Clashmore/Kinsalebeg
    14. Michael Walsh Stradbally
    15. Colin Dunford Colligan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Anyone have a team lads, no? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

Paul Flynn once said ,its a simple game ,and the simpler it's played the better it is

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

Paul Flynn once said ,its a simple game ,and the simpler it's played the better it is

How many all irelands does paul Flynn have again?

Your living in the dark ages.

• Advertisement

HillFarmer wrote: »
    How many all irelands does paul Flynn have again?

Your living in the dark ages.
    jesus some lads on here fair thick

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

That post will take some beating. I can believe it though because nothing surprises me anymore on here! Where would you even begin to start with that? Comical,but unfortunately sad at the same time. Lets move on and get ready for Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭stumblingblock

exactly people just over complicate everything ,,take Henry,JJ,Tommy Walsh,Eddie Brennan,Noel Hickey,i could go on all retired in the last few years ,do they blab on about rebuilding/transition,NO lads on the panel delighted to see the back of them as it gives them their chance,DIE for the jersey but more importantly Die playing hurling NOT that horrible brand of footling that they are insisting on playing ,a JOURNALIST once wrote,that watching Waterford playing hurling was like watching a tight rope walker running across the rope ,they might not always get to the other side BUT its pretty entertaining watching them,now they play some form of hurling that is inspired by Donegal Football Team ,instead of playing a game of hurling inspired by KK,Cork,or Tipp hurling FFS

Your gettin boring now boy making the same point over and over again with god knows how long. Lets just see how we get on this year before shooting down the system. We did the pure hurling thing for long enough and we always ended up as bridesmaids. If a fellah is willing to try something new im willing to give him a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭HillFarmer

The Keyboard warrior is back! Same old bull from you.
    It doesn't suit your anti Mcgrath agenda now we're back up in 1A.
    My point was that if hurling was a simple game as you quoted, Paul Flynn, who I believe was one of the best hurlers I've seen and the Waterford team of the last 10 years would have at least 1 All Ireland.

Its not a simple game, tactics are now a big part of it.

Yourself and Archie should give it a rest and get behind the team and the management.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

During those 10 years from 98 onwards we had 12 players good enough to win an all Ireland. We never had a panel strong enough to go all the way which is why we came up short. Now we don't have that problem, we have been producing very good minor teams for the last 7 years that know how to beat the top 3 playing a positive style of hurling. The system of crowding the middle and counter attacking for points will break down against the top sides on bigger fields. This game plan will have to change later on in the year if this panel is to reach their potential, the game on Sunday is an ideal opportunity to use a plan B so we shall see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

skaface wrote: »
    Sound, knew it's on TV - Point I'm trying to make is for a lot of folk €20 / €15 will turn a lot
    of people not going, whereas if it was €10 a head you would have a lot more families etc.
    going.. Think the Gaa need to rethink their prices.

Kids go free. Last week in Wexford Park I paid €15 total for me and three kids to go to the game. Thought it was a deal. Try and bring three kids to the cinema with you and see how much it costs!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waternut

Best of luck to Waterford today. I hope one of the two Bennett's start, otherwise we might seriously struggle for pace in the forward line. Also best of luck to St Declan's Kilmac in the schools final. Great to see a mid county school in an All Ireland final and hopefully we will see a few of them line up for Waterford minor in a few weeks.

Your gettin boring now boy making the same point over and over again with god knows how long. Lets just see how we get on this year before shooting down the system. We did the pure hurling thing for long enough and we always ended up as bridesmaids. If a fellah is willing to try something new im willing to give him a chance.
    im trying to point it out to you ,but looks like the only stumblingblock is your brain ,you know ,you come on here just to wind up lads ,troll

HillFarmer wrote: »
    The Keyboard warrior is back! Same old bull from you.
    It doesn't suit your anti Mcgrath agenda now we're back up in 1A.
    My point was that if hurling was a simple game as you quoted, Paul Flynn, who I believe was one of the best hurlers I've seen and the Waterford team of the last 10 years would have at least 1 All Ireland.

Its not a simple game, tactics are now a big part of it.

Yourself and Archie should give it a rest and get behind the team and the management.
    keyboard warrior,that's rich coming from you ,describing Paul Flynn as someone from the dark ages ,its not anti Mc Grath to be honest i think he has a horrible system in place, i also had no time for D Fitz two of them more or less the same in playing style, the last time we were in with a shout was under Justin mc Carthy,after that its been a disaster ,SAME OLD BULL i know ,but sooner or later you will open your eyes and come to my way of thinking ,your welcome, my opinion is my opinion simple as ,

Waternut wrote: »
    Best of luck to Waterford today. I hope one of the two Bennett's start, otherwise we might seriously struggle for pace in the forward line. Also best of luck to St Declan's Kilmac in the schools final. Great to see a mid county school in an All Ireland final and hopefully we will see a few of them line up for Waterford minor in a few weeks.
    two Bennett's not playing ,this is a do or die so i'm thinking he has no time for scoring forwards ,so it looks like he is going to pick forwards that can play in midfield or half back ie Moran might be able to squeeze a score out of him,the Brick chances of him scoring would be very very slim if none at all ,Mahony who does not contribute a whole lot from play maybe 2 points if he is having a stormer ,although he is excellent at frees but there is no shortage of free takers in the squad ,looking at the team announced ,that leaves Dunford,O Halloran,Dillon ,who unless the system changes to an attack minded affair ,they will probably contribute 2/3 points each at the most

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

The negativity on this thread is mind blowing. It's just a sport at the end of the day. If people are completely incapable of deriving any pleasure from it then what's the point of watching it?

redlead wrote: »
    The negativity on this thread is mind blowing. It's just a sport at the end of the day. If people are completely incapable of deriving any pleasure from it then what's the point of watching it?
    so if we all thought the same ,it would be great ,negativity or facts,see what number page we are on 666 its all going to end horribly

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

redlead wrote: »

Well we want to be entertained, no one is going to watch video highlights of Greece mullocking their way to winning the Euros or that dire Dublin Donegal football final. Winning is one thing, but if it's at the cost of reducing the enjoyment of watching it who will keep watching?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭TyrionPower

I cant wait for the gane now, after the negativity of last year and the demoralising loses its great to be back looking forward to games, realising we have a talented bunch and there is hope there...

Some of these lads are really filling out those jerseys and we are a United bunch fighting for each other and for the jersey.

I think the moral in the camp means the lads will go out and fight tooth and nail so that at the end of those 70 minutes there is pride in the jersey!!
    As a supporter, any day you can say that, win lose or draw, is a good day

Dublin will hammer Limerick now and I will be totally deflated!

• Advertisement

The game is all about enjoyment,opinions,styles,and yes winning. While I'm not in favour of the negative tactics we are using I was impressed with the way it was carried out against Wexford last Sunday. Will it be successful enough to win the ultimate prize?Only time will tell but to be castigated on here for not getting behind the team is a bit much. So if we decide to discuss on here what we think is positive or negative towards the management or the team surely doesn't mean we are not Waterford supporters. The idea of the discussion board is just that,discuss the trials and tribulations of Waterford hurling and football. We are back we we came from as in division 1a,great,Sunday is the next step of this team and ultimately the first round game against Cork. Management will be judged on results so we're still in march lets see where we end up by August or September.
    I think we can win on Sunday,the team seems to be growing in confidence every week so Galway won't phase them. A more physical battle I imagine it will be but with home support and on home soil we should progress to the semi final.

Dublin will hammer Limerick now and I will be totally deflated!

Dublin are well on top so far, but Limerick didn't strike me as being too concerned about the league any time I saw them play. They look to be targeting championship.

Ropaire wrote: »
    Dublin are well on top so far, but Limerick didn't strike me as being too concerned about the league any time I saw them play. They look to be targeting championship.

Surely a run of knockout games in the league would work in their favour come championship?

archieknox wrote: »
    Surely a run of knockout games in the league would work in their favour come championship?

I'd agree, especially after they didn't get promoted. They lost O'Grady early and got a bit of a pasting in the end, plenty for them to do before the championship and no competitive games beforehand. Doesn't bode well!

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭skaface

Deskjockey wrote: »
    Kids go free. Last week in Wexford Park I paid €15 total for me and three kids to go to the game. Thought it was a deal. Try and bring three kids to the cinema with you and see how much it costs!

Been there done that :pac:
    You're missing my point.. If it was a tenner a head, for an extra Fiver you could have brought the missus with you ( as well as the 3 Kids;) )..
    My point being, a lot More Families would go.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭skaface

The Difference between 1A and 1B was there to be seen in the match this evening.
    Everything Dublin did was at a different level to Limerick, passing, shooting, blocking was
    Way faster, an advantage of playing in the top tier.
    At least we will be in 1A next season, and hopefully we will get over Galway with Home
    advantage and get another game or two under our belt before C/Ship.

Whatever happens tomorrow it will have no bearing on championship anyway, still would be nice to keep the good times rolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Best of luck to all the lads and management today

Up the Déise

great day for hurling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 mp1

Does anyone know how to watch TG4 online, I can't attend the match due to work but will have internet access.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement