Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edision Optimuss OS 3 Plus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭g0g

superg wrote: »
    1. Got to system, extended system, is settings, old position. You can re size it there.

2. I've wondered this myself. I haven't bothered updating cos there's loads of stuff in there I've no idea what to update! Maybe someone else can help us on that one.

3. Been happening for me too but I lack your patience. I turn it off and on again when it freezes. I've yet to figure out the cause but I think it might have been my hard drive.
    Thanks for that.
    1) The problem was I couldn't see any menus at all - the pic was displaying normal but the menus were appearing massive over on the left - I could only see the top right corner of them. I just downloaded the image from FreeTV and stuck it on a USB key to reset the thing. Lesson learned - don't play too much with this thing!

Only had the dual satellite cables from the Sky Box plugged into it last night so will hopefully get Saorview input today and see how well it combines everything together.

Stupid question - are Enigma 2 and Open ATV the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Enigma 2 is the firmware, the operating system I suppose. Like windows for pc's. Open atv is a version of that, a few different people make their own versions of enigma2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

g0g wrote: »
    Just got the box today, simple to get started. Some initial questions/observations:
    1) I changed output from 720P to 1080P. Pic is now great but the menu is massive so I can't see it all on the screen as font is so big! How do I fix!?
    2) When I check for updates in one of the menus it tells me 139 files are available. Are these a good idea to install in general, or am I better sticking with FreeTV's own firmware and is this maybe generic stuff that will over-write it?
    3) When trying to do some things so far I've noticed the box hung with a loading icon in the top right for ages. Once this happened while trying to view my PC on the network. It eventually got to the next screen but took AGES.

2/ I have run the updates probably every other night. There would generally be 20+ every time and haven't found any adverse affects

L'prof wrote: »
    Does anybody use the Kodidirect plugin and how do you find it?

Can be a bit hit and miss and I would generally download rather than stream from it, could be because I have it set up through WiFi. Do find tsmedia a bit better

superg wrote:
    Yeah it was on the HD alright. Always the first thing I do. Have had no issues since I took the drive out of the case and into a USB enclosure but its early days.

Froze again today :( really need a decent image but can't find any.

• Advertisement

Seems on reboot the box freezes at 100% this happens on the amiko now too strangely so I'm thinking there is a plug in crashing ?

Seems on reboot the box freezes at 100% this happens on the amiko now too strangely so I'm thinking there is a plug in crashing ?

updated to openatv 4.3 and getting the 100% reboot, was also getting it on 4.2 so would appear to be a problem with an update/plugin somewhere.

Changed to opendroid 4.4 and got it all set up. Organised all channels into a favourites bouquet only to get home and see that they have all disappeared. Think the openatv is a better image overall and I think I will format the hdd and re-install a fresh copy.

Anybody try hdfreaks image?

Another random question - how do you get picons (is that the right word?) to appear on the EPG? I see channel name, but the video guide suggested I'd get logos and they're not there.

g0g wrote: »
    Another random question - how do you get picons (is that the right word?) to appear on the EPG? I see channel name, but the video guide suggested I'd get logos and they're not there.

If you go into plugins then download plugins then picons and then select whatever set relates to the satellite you are on

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Palmyra

Yeah it was on the HD alright. Always the first thing I do. Have had no issues since I took the drive out of the case and into a USB enclosure but its early days.

Got a link to the Open vix image? Didn't know they had one. Can see the Technomate 3T image they have.

I have had this box for about six weeks now and after getting used to the interface I am quite happy. However I am getting a crash almost every day. I think it is always while watching live Saorview TV. It may also happen during recording. I have the internal disk from freetv and the pre installed image. I have added nothing.

Has anyone had this crashing problem and fixed it?
    Pat.

• Advertisement

THE ALM wrote: »
    If you go into plugins then download plugins then picons and then select whatever set relates to the satellite you are on
    Thanks yeah I did that last night. It's a long list so I assumed 28E black or something like that because on channels the info bit at the bottom says something about 28 East - assume that's satellite location or something. I do see channel pics if I press the up/down buttons to call up the channel list, but if I click on the EPG button then that guide doesn't show the pics.

Tonight's experiment will be creating a favourite list of channels - is that a "bouquet"?

updated to openatv 4.3 and getting the 100% reboot, was also getting it on 4.2 so would appear to be a problem with an update/plugin somewhere.

Changed to opendroid 4.4 and got it all set up. Organised all channels into a favourites bouquet only to get home and see that they have all disappeared. Think the openatv is a better image overall and I think I will format the hdd and re-install a fresh copy.

Anybody try hdfreaks image?

Where did you get openATV 4.3 ?

It's strange the 100% crash is happening now on an updated image I installed on my mothers image.

What I noticed is that when it starts back up and hangs at 100% you can get the channels up, not by the EPG button but by pressing tv at the bottom left of the remote and selecting a bouquet this way.

It could be a problem with coolEPG because when it boots and hangs at 100% pressing EPG does nothing but you can still browse the menus, but there is no tv pic, yet you can press tv on the remote and select a channel from the bouquets and get a pic no problem then CoolEPG works grand after this.

I will try un-install coolEPG then reboot and see if that works, then Autoboquets . It's easier than reinstalling an image.

It would probably be best installing from fresh and not using someone else's backup.

Where did you get openATV 4.3 ?

It's strange the 100% crash is happening now on an updated image I installed on my mothers image.

What I noticed is that when it starts back up and hangs at 100% you can get the channels up, not by the EPG button but by pressing tv at the bottom left of the remote and selecting a bouquet this way.

It could be a problem with coolEPG because when it boots and hangs at 100% pressing EPG does nothing but you can still browse the menus, but there is no tv pic, yet you can press tv on the remote and select a channel from the bouquets and get a pic no problem then CoolEPG works grand after this.

I will try un-install coolEPG then reboot and see if that works, then Autoboquets . It's easier than reinstalling an image.

It would probably be best installing from fresh and not using someone else's backup.[/Q]

Here is a link to 4.3 http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/4.3/index.php?open=optimussos3plus

I did see a post on the amiko alien thread saying that they thought 4.3 was no longer being updated and that 5.0 was going to be worked on instead.

I did try opendroid but had a few problems with that so I installed a fresh copy of openatv 4.2 from 240315 and will see how that behaves. Didn't bother formatting the hard drive yet although that may be an option down the line if this doesn't work out. May also try hdrfeaks image, again this will only be if the 4.2 doesn't work out.

To be honest, the os3+ was running with no problems on the 4.2 image until I started mucking about with all the plugins, settings etc. and I would imagine with code getting updated and re-written that it is not unreasonable to expect a glitch every now and then. Same things happens when updating my phone with all the cm12 nightly's.

As I posted earlier, if I would just stop updating all these gadgets they would probably run ok. :rolleyes:

As I posted earlier, if I would just stop updating all these gadgets they would probably run ok. :rolleyes:

Where would be the fun in that ? :D

Where would be the fun in that ? :D

ha ha, so true. Must be why I have no standard software on anything

I installed a clean image, no backup, scanned channels, booted back up and it worked perfectly. The picture came up after loading 100% and the 100% went away. So it must have been a plugin that was crashing or causing it not to load fully.

So now i have to load everything from scratch but at least, hopefully, it will work.

I reckon it is no bad thing to do this once in a while and I have backed up all recordings and downloads in anticipation of doing it when I have a bit of time spare. SWMBO does not take kindly me doing it of an evening when trying to watch TV....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

If there's anyone here thinking about selling a box give me a shout. I'm looking to buy one of these soon. Thanks

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    If there's anyone here thinking about selling a box give me a shout. I'm looking to buy one of these soon. Thanks

Hurry up will ye, I'm waiting for lads like you to throw a decent image out I can use :D. I use yours on the Alien and it's flawless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hurry up will ye, I'm waiting for lads like you to throw a decent image out I can use :D. I use yours on the Alien and it's flawless!

Yeah one of my aliens went bang so I'm in the market for something new now. Wouldn't mind getting something with a bit more ram like the optimuss. Just funds are tight at the moment.

• Advertisement

I reckon it is no bad thing to do this once in a while and I have backed up all recordings and downloads in anticipation of doing it when I have a bit of time spare. SWMBO does not take kindly me doing it of an evening when trying to watch TV....

Just noticed you asked earlier. I tried the HD freaks image. I left it on the box for all of 5 minutes! Set up went fine but when I tried to download and install plugins I use they weren't even listed, no oscam even.Can't be arsed manually installing stuff so I binned it.

This could be a great box but it really needs a good image, they seem to be few and far between and I've had trouble on this box and the Alien using Open ATV so I'd love to get something else. Hyperion 4.5 works flawlessly on the Alien, wish there was one for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Just noticed you asked earlier. I tried the HD freaks image. I left it on the box for all of 5 minutes! Set up went fine but when I tried to download and install plugins I use they weren't even listed, no oscam even.Can't be arsed manually installing stuff so I binned it.

This could be a great box but it really needs a good image, they seem to be few and far between and I've had trouble on this box and the Alien using Open ATV so I'd love to get something else. Hyperion 4.5 works flawlessly on the Alien, wish there was one for this.

Like all new boxes on the market it will take time before the software gets there...Id imagine the vix image will be available before long for it....which a 5 yr old could install and setup for themselves...

steveon wrote: »
    Like all new boxes on the market it will take time before the software gets there...Id imagine the vix image will be available before long for it....which a 5 yr old could install and setup for themselves...

Yeah I'd like to try a Vix image alright. Hope you're right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Zardoz

steveon wrote: »
    Id imagine the vix image will be available before long for it....which a 5 yr old could install and setup for themselves...

I find Vix images to be grossly overrated if I am honest .
    They have a good propaganda machine though.

Openatv and Vix are almost the same thing anyway ,the gui is almost identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭red bellied

HD Freaks has its own separate feed, you would of found oscam in their softcam section.

HD Freaks has its own separate feed, you would of found oscam in their softcam section.

I went through every section on it. I could find oscam info plugins and the like but not actual oscam's. There was no softcam section in the download plugins menu on mine if I remember correctly so I was searching all the other sections.

I'll give it another go when I have time, this image and its random freezing is doing my head in. Need to be sure it's the image and not the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Kalyke

I have a card obtained from Setanta.(BAI scheme) Can I use it in this box? Anyone know how to set it up? (If this post is deemed to be breaking any rules please let me know and I will delete it immediately )

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭red bellied

I went through every section on it. I could find oscam info plugins and the like but not actual oscam's. There was no softcam section in the download plugins menu on mine if I remember correctly so I was searching all the other sections.

I'll give it another go when I have time, this image and its random freezing is doing my head in. Need to be sure it's the image and not the box.

Its in a section called HD freaks toolbox, then another submeu called HD downloader and you should find a softcam feed in there. Initially I think the toolbox shows up when you enter the menu or maybe setup.

I have an openvix image for this. Haven't tried it our yet.

• Advertisement

I think the openATV image is fine now that I re-imaged it cleanly , (NOT) a backup image from someone else's OS 3+.

Advertisement