Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    If the 4th is settled upon, there is a good chance I (and the young lad) could be able to attend :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    If the 4th is settled upon, there is a good chance I (and the young lad) could be able to attend :eek:

W

T

F

Somebody has hacked Myrddin's account!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Confirmed. I shall attend, along with Myrddin Jr :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,209 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nintendo goes mobile, EnterNow at a beers... I knew I built that fallout shelter for a reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nintendo goes mobile, EnterNow at a beers... I knew I built that fallout shelter for a reason.

• Advertisement

And, just to refresh everyones memory, just keep this in mind
    Link to the Past
    And so it came to pass, as was spoken by the prophet Johnny U

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And, just to refresh everyones memory, just keep this in mind
    Link to the Past
    And so it came to pass, as was spoken by the prophet Johnny U

Lol, I forgot it used to be a theory but was made an actual rule thereafter :D Yeah, all looks good for this one anyway.

I've thrown the invite out to the folks over on the Nintendo forum as well.
    We'll lock them in a room with the PS4 when they get here....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

And I probably won't be able to make it. :( Damnit!

Star Lord wrote: »
    And I probably won't be able to make it. :( Damnit!

Oh, I'm sure you can work some sort of magic, lead your people to the promised land, or my house...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,607 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

c9acef6ec28e5e23f68fd72dc12e6c92571fc7d07878af6fc74cfa9029705da0.jpg

So the 4th? It's been far too long since I've been at one of these things, and I can't pass up the opportunity to witness Myrddin at a beers the apocalypse.

o1s1n wrote: »
    c9acef6ec28e5e23f68fd72dc12e6c92571fc7d07878af6fc74cfa9029705da0.jpg

So the 4th? It's been far too long since I've been at one of these things, and I can't pass up the opportunity to witness Myrddin at a beers the apocalypse.
    We should all watch This Is The End as a sort of a primer for the evening.
    That or Animal House....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,209 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Shalln't be there alas, but sounds like it will be a grand old crowd. Certainly enough to perform some sort of pagan ritual to welcome the rapture with aplomb.

I might try attend this also (assuming it's not a GP wkend). Pee'd off I couldn't make the pinball one so will see if I can make amends.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I might try attend this also (assuming it's not a GP wkend). Pee'd off I couldn't make the pinball one so will see if I can make amends.

I think it's a GP weekend the weekend before, so happy times :)

So do you need us to bring along any controllers or arcade sticks? I might bring along Battle Kid if Retr0/anyone wants a go. I can bring some PCBs too if you want.

Master of the Universe

I could bring along my modded Time Crisis hardware stuff? More people need to witness it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »
    I could bring along my modded Time Crisis hardware stuff? More people need to witness it :D

I've seen enough of it !!! Surprised it still works :)

Master of the Universe

I've seen enough of it !!! Surprised it still works :)

Still hearing 'KLAK KLAK KLAK' in your nightmares? :pac:

I'll have to check the cab, I think the coin mesh I'd disconnected, will that make a difference?

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    So do you need us to bring along any controllers or arcade sticks? I might bring along Battle Kid if Retr0/anyone wants a go. I can bring some PCBs too if you want.

Sure bring along what you've got, I'd be wary of PCBs though, delicate as they are

Sure bring along what you've got, I'd be wary of PCBs though, delicate as they are

Will dig out a few games and bring them along.

Sure I might bring along MH4U in case there's any like minded addicts there. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Did anyone happen to find a loose copy of Retro Game Challenge after a beers?
    I'm hoping it's just somewhere in my room I haven't checked but it's not looking good after a second go, so putting it out there just incase anyone came across it and forgot about it.

I have to do some cleaning, I'll check in the games room for it and let you know.
    Was it unboxed?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I have to do some cleaning, I'll check in the games room for it and let you know.
    Was it unboxed?
    False alarm everyone!
    I had a brainwave and I was right - I found it, was looking since January!
    As usual the minute I post about anything I figure it out myself.
    headsmackon8.png~c200

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

More of a Lurker here than an active contributor but I wouldn't mind attending if okay? I promise I'm not a nutter :) I've a collection of 600 or so games for the PS1 so could bring Klonoa, Tombi , Legacy of Kain or FIFA if you're so inclined. I've also pretty extensive NES, 3DO, Ngage ,Megadrive and Master System titles so can bring some pretty decent consoles/games and also some awesomely bad ones if needed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,969 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ciderdude has pretty much everything so unless it's something truly awful or extremely rare then more than likely he has it...(check the pics of his attic).

Also for the uninitiated, you may think we sit around playing awesome games and talking about how great they are but the centrepiece is usually some CDi fmv game or something even more horrifying so if you have an awful game.... Then I'll play it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm bringing the CDi this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Also for the uninitiated, you may think we sit around playing awesome games and talking about how great they are but the centrepiece is usually some CDi fmv game or something even more horrifying so if you have an awful game.... Then I'll play it.
    Space Pirates for the 3DO awful enough? :)

• Advertisement

Hey!
    Space Marines on the 3DO is pretty decent, the one with Genestealers.
    And I hope the floor upstairs can take the attendees, looks like a bumper crop.

Advertisement